What's the update on what the deadlines are and acceptable reasons for Verizon continuing to exchange Storms?

Mark
    03-15-09 08:35 PM
    Device defects are usually covered up to 1 year.
    03-15-09 08:37 PM
    you have a year warnanty. i was just able to exchange mine due to dust under the screen for no charge because the waranty is supposed to cover it.
    03-15-09 08:46 PM
    I presume one must downgrade back to OS .75 before exchanging?
    For dust!?! WOW! That's a good one!
    I presume one must downgrade back to OS .75 before exchanging?
    To be on the safe side I would say yes.
    03-15-09 08:47 PM
    Tab, I downgraded mine to the 'official' release before I returned it; yeah.

With regards to dust under the screen, the device shouldn't allow dust under the screen so I would consider that to fall in line with 'defective'
    03-15-09 08:48 PM
    Ya I would go back to .75 just to stay safe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 08:51 PM
    i sent mine out, (for a replacement) forgot to downgrade, havent heard ne trouble yet =)
    03-15-09 08:51 PM
    Just got my replacement about 2 days ago...I exchanged for the screen click (or lack there of in the corners). They sent a certified "like-new" (re-furb), but it seems great-no problems as of yet! And, yes, I would definitely downgrade back to .75
    03-15-09 08:52 PM
    Yeah, what they all said...
    03-15-09 09:01 PM
    For dust!?! WOW! That's a good one!
    I have my replacement on the way due to dust between the screen layers. The Verizon tech agreed with me that it is manufacturer's defect: bad seal. No questions, no hassle.
    03-15-09 10:19 PM
    just got my 4th replacement, refurb from mexico (all my previous have been from Canada).

-Clicking is much better, while not "perfect" much better.

-Screen itself has a different feel and does not accumulate fingerprints like the canada versions.

-Color is more natural and "warm" rather than the cool, bluer colors of the canadian versions i have had.

-Overall fit and finish even seem better...i think i may have finally gotten myself a well working storm!
    03-15-09 11:00 PM
    What's the update on what the deadlines are and acceptable reasons for Verizon continuing to exchange Storms?

Mark
    Storms, Tornado's, Hurricanes you name it they will take it back.
    03-15-09 11:03 PM
    I have my replacement on the way due to dust between the screen layers. The Verizon tech agreed with me that it is manufacturer's defect: bad seal. No questions, no hassle.
    thats kind of strange for them to replace it just for dust...........
    03-15-09 11:20 PM
    I am debating on getting mine swapped out for dust as well. I though I had some how gotten a perfectly circular nick in the screen, like a grain of sand or something but when I actually looked at it the scratch is not on the surface so I really have no idea how it got there... rather strange.
    03-15-09 11:26 PM
    Just got my replacement about 2 days ago...I exchanged for the screen click (or lack there of in the corners). They sent a certified "like-new" (re-furb), but it seems great-no problems as of yet! And, yes, I would definitely downgrade back to .75
    I had that problem. Guy at store acted like there was nothing wrong the first time. At another store he said the OFFICIAL fix was a business card under the bat cover. Felt nice for a while but its back to crappy. Guess ill have to Hulk out on em to get it fixed.

03-15-09 11:28 PM
    It's actually a known defect with many Storms. It's also not just a few specks. It appears to be a mass migration of dust between the digitizer and the LCD. I was actually fine with it for quite a while, when it was merely a few specks. The first specks appeared 3 weeks after I got the phone, and now about 2 months later I have a whole dust community in my screen. With the amount of dust between the screen layers, it is obviously a bad seal between the layers.
    03-15-09 11:31 PM
    I am debating on getting mine swapped out for dust as well. I though I had some how gotten a perfectly circular nick in the screen, like a grain of sand or something but when I actually looked at it the scratch is not on the surface so I really have no idea how it got there... rather strange.
    I had settled on just living with the dust, but it got to be so much that something had to be done, and I was uncomfortable with taking it apart to clean out like some other folks have done. I decided to just call in to tech support and ask for a warranty replacement.
    03-15-09 11:35 PM
    Not really. There is a seal there between the glass and the LCD. If there is dust getting in there it is defective. Bottom line.
    03-15-09 11:40 PM
    Took my first one back on Friday night. Told her people couldn't here me, phone locked up often and rebooted and that I was doing several battery pulls a day she told me she was going to assume I got stuck with one of the original storms that had issues and replaced it for me. I wasn't aware they weren't replacing them anymore?

The screen on this one doesn't click as smoothly though. I have a feeling ill be getting another one here before long. I really do think that this screen is going to go out on me! :/

03-15-09 11:55 PM
    Not strange at all as a matter of fact. I had my 2nd Storm replaced for this very reason. When there is enough dust UNDER your screen that it affects your view of the screen, I would say this is definitely a manufacture defect!

03-16-09 01:16 AM
    I took my storm back today and their sending one right out! The guy asked if I had put a different OS on it and I said no it was just a new theme but I am running 103 so I am glad he didn't know or care to check! My storm has been great just got a little dust under the screen so I hope the second one is decent and has a better seal. Asked when we were going to see an official OS and he had no idea.
    03-16-09 02:37 AM
    just got my replacement for dust also..
    one question.. how do you know if its a brand new storm? or a like-new device?
    03-16-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD