I have my tracking number and it was confirmed by the vw rep
    11-21-08 02:37 PM
    I got an email about an hour ago, the storm I ordered 8:30 am EST in the store(North Jersey) has shipped.

I checked the fed-ex tracking number and it confirmed the package was picked up in WEST CHESTER, PA
    This is the case for me also.

I'm also in North Jersey, but ordered my Storm through a Verizon CSR at 6:30am EST this morning. I'm so glad I went that route.

Can't wait until it is delivered tomorrow. I have waited for this device long enough!
    Last edited by Licoeur; 11-21-08 at 02:45 PM.
    11-21-08 02:43 PM
    I ordering mine in at 9:20am EST and just called my rep and got a tracking number saying it was picked up at 3:02pm with standard overnight delivery giving me an estimated delivery date of Nov 24!! I looked up standard overnight shipping for FedEx and it says that it only delivers Mon-Fri, Saturday delivery is an extra charge option. What's wrong with Verizon?
    11-21-08 02:54 PM
    I order mine and they said it would could be 5 to 7 business days or sooner! I'm lightweight hot about it but what can I do?
    11-21-08 02:57 PM
    I ordered online this morning at 8am. I just received an email with the tracking number. I'm getting it on Monday by 3pm.
    11-21-08 03:00 PM
    I ordered online this morning at 8am. I just received an email with the tracking number. I'm getting it on Monday by 3pm.
    Absolutely ridiculous. I ordered at 6:30 am and have nothing. You're like the 10th person who has ordered after me who has a tracking number when I don't.
    11-21-08 03:04 PM
    I just called the store and got a order number but no tracking number. He informed me they wouldn't get tracking info until close of business today. He did say Saturday delivery was specified in the system.

So, I have know idea when I'll receive the phone. I guess it's still a waiting game from here.
    11-21-08 03:07 PM
    I ordered mine from a rep at the North Point store in Alpharetta, GA around 9am. I'm still waiting on a order number. She stated the order has been processed but just waiting for the order #.

She is supposed to call me back around 4pm today. She said it should be at my house no later that noon tomorrow. I hope this is the truth.
    I just spoke with the Howell Mill manager again and he said that the Regional Manager was there with him and the information is not being passed through correctly. They have no idea when phones will ship whether it be tomorrow, monday, tues, wed, or into Dec
    11-21-08 03:09 PM
    Ordered myself via online at 3:20am... WTH, how does an 8am order receive a tracking number before mine, who was placed 5 hours before hand? My card has even been charged, yet still no tracking number.
    11-21-08 03:16 PM
    all you guys seriously need to go get a drink after work today or go get laid. Seriously, its only a cell phone. In case you haven't noticed, we're in financialpocalypse right now and thousands/millions of people are losing their jobs. I wanted a storm today too, I didnt get one, but rereading this thread just now, you all sound like a bunch of whining babies.

Enjoy your friday nights. :Cheers:
    11-21-08 03:17 PM
    Ordered myself via online at 3:20am... WTH, how does an 8am order receive a tracking number before mine, who was placed 5 hours before hand? My card has even been charged, yet still no tracking number.
    Seems like people who ordered really early in the morning are getting screwed.
    11-21-08 03:25 PM
    Dang, I kinda feel for all you guys who didn't get your Storms today. Around 10AM I decided what the heck, it's launch day, I might as well try the thing out, right?
    So I called 2xVZW stores; they were both out of stock. Called the local BB and they had one left. Went down, got it, got out, and I'm playing with it now.
    I didn't really intend to get one of these, but I am kinda impressed. I've had a few software glitches, but I expected that. I was planning to stay with my Bold on ATT, but now I'm not so sure. I'll give it a bit of time.
    Oh, and if anyone wants to pay me a ridiculous price (aka retail) for this device, I might be willing to give it up.
    11-21-08 03:26 PM
    I ordering mine in at 9:20am EST and just called my rep and got a tracking number saying it was picked up at 3:02pm with standard overnight delivery giving me an estimated delivery date of Nov 24!! I looked up standard overnight shipping for FedEx and it says that it only delivers Mon-Fri, Saturday delivery is an extra charge option. What's wrong with Verizon?
    In the store they gave the option free next day (monday or tuesday),
    or for $20 Saturday (which Fed Ex's Priority Overnight )
    11-21-08 03:39 PM
    Yea, it seems like people who placed online orders are getting screwed as compared to people who did in-store orders in the morning.

Why? I have no idea but maybe corporate retail store orders get higher priority? Makes no sense but that is what seems is happening.
    11-21-08 03:45 PM
    all you guys seriously need to go get a drink after work today or go get laid. Seriously, its only a cell phone. In case you haven't noticed, we're in financialpocalypse right now and thousands/millions of people are losing their jobs. I wanted a storm today too, I didnt get one, but rereading this thread just now, you all sound like a bunch of whining babies.

Enjoy your friday nights. :Cheers:

Hello it's not just about the phone everyone complaining here has already paid for it and extra shipping include. In this "financialpocalypse" folks just don't like throwing $200-$300 away on false promises.

I completely feel everyone who hasn't gotten there item shipped, I asked several times in the store so what happens if it doesn't get shippied for Saturday because i feared something like this would happen. Place an order or not your're never sure until it's in you hand.

Believe me I already told them if i don't have it by 12 tomorrow i will be in that store at 12:30. And leaving with all kinds of credits and free stuff. For all of this anger and strife they are putting us thourgh.
    11-21-08 03:47 PM
    GTiceman:

I was on a list at the Howell Mill store and got a call last week asking me if I would be willing to have them order a Storm for me this morning. I didn't care if I got it today so I said sure.

I got an email around noon with the order details. The FedEx tracking info says it will be at the store by noon tomorrow.

I stopped by the store after I got the email and talked to the guy who placed the order. He said mine was one of the first he placed this morning. The receipt shows FedEx delivery by noon Sat (they didn't charge me for it). They also gave me the $50 rebate (so I don't have to submit the forms).

Hope it works out for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    11-21-08 03:56 PM
    Yea, it seems like people who placed online orders are getting screwed as compared to people who did in-store orders in the morning.

Why? I have no idea but maybe corporate retail store orders get higher priority? Makes no sense but that is what seems is happening.
    Don't be so sure about that one. I ordered mine instore at 10:18PST. Decided to call 611 and check the status(2pm PST) and see if I could get a tracking number. Of course they don't have one, but may have one by 5pm tonight. They also stated that it would probably ship out the 25th and be here on the 28th.

I told the rep on the phone that the salesperson in the store checked his computer and said 4 days tops. Also asked him again for a tracking number as the holidays are coming up next week and noone will be home. He said, leave a note on the door and tell the FedEx guy to leave it with my neighbor.

Yeah right. I asked if I would incure an ETF if I decide that the phone is not worth the hassle and the complete miscommunication between the corp stores and the people at the call center. He said no since my contract has been up for a while before I decided to go with this phone.

What a complete cluster *bleep* this is. It's one thing to not accept anymore orders due to supply and demand, it's another to keep taking peoples money, have inaccurate details on delivery/shipping dates and lead customers astray.

*bleeping* punkS!!
    11-21-08 04:06 PM
    I got an email about an hour ago, the storm I ordered 8:30 am EST in the store(North Jersey) has shipped.

I checked the fed-ex tracking number and it confirmed the package was ppicked up in WEST CHESTER, PA
    aw, ours are coming from the same place! they are like brothers!
    11-21-08 04:13 PM
    GTiceman:

I was on a list at the Howell Mill store and got a call last week asking me if I would be willing to have them order a Storm for me this morning. I didn't care if I got it today so I said sure.

I got an email around noon with the order details. The FedEx tracking info says it will be at the store by noon tomorrow.

I stopped by the store after I got the email and talked to the guy who placed the order. He said mine was one of the first he placed this morning. The receipt shows FedEx delivery by noon Sat (they didn't charge me for it). They also gave me the $50 rebate (so I don't have to submit the forms).

Hope it works out for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks the stores got screwed, corporate didn't tell them they were running out of storms. I just hope mine made it through, didn't get an e-mail but I might try calling fedex
    11-21-08 05:21 PM
    If you ordered yours before noon today you should recieve it tomorrow. if you ordered it after noon then you may not recieve it until the 24th. this is a national issue with supply not regional.
    Is that noon time EST? b/c I ordered mine 10:00 am PST. Am I gonna get it tomorrow or the 24th?
    11-21-08 05:25 PM
    Is that noon time EST? b/c I ordered mine 10:00 am PST. Am I gonna get it tomorrow or the 24th?

I am in the same boat as you, 1018am PST. I wish there was a way to find out.
    11-21-08 05:26 PM
    Does anyone have the answer to our question?

I am in the same boat as you, 1018am PST. I wish there was a way to find out.
    I hope we get our phones tomorrow.
    11-21-08 05:28 PM
    Does anyone have the answer to our question?

I hope we get our phones tomorrow.
    Unless you get a shipping confirmation email before the end of the day, I doubt it.
    11-21-08 05:29 PM
    I got a tracking number at 5:07pm cst. via FEDEX. My storm is on its way!

I ordered through the marketing department at 6:15 am today. I was told when I placed the order that it would not be sent out until 11/25 (Tuesday).
    11-21-08 05:31 PM
    Well as of early this morning, i'm getting mine tomorrow and by the latest monday.... i really hope tomorrow! I live in Los Angeles, btw.
    11-21-08 05:31 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD