My replacement is coming today....... I hope mine doesn't have the problem. I spoke to Verizon yesterday and asked her why Verizon is selling phone with known defects. She said to give the phone a chance and it was fully tested before being shipped out, now I see a couple of threads that some replacements still had a problem with screen. I got mine on 3/6/10 meaning Verizon knew about the defect and still selling people storm 2's. I read about it on crackberry. I knew it was something funny about the screen, but though it was just me. If I have the problem again, I'm sending it right back and asking for a refund.
    04-16-10 06:19 AM
    My replacement is coming today....... I hope mine doesn't have the problem. I spoke to Verizon yesterday and asked her why Verizon is selling phone with known defects. She said to give the phone a chance and it was fully tested before being shipped out, now I see a couple of threads that some replacements still had a problem with screen. I got mine on 3/6/10 meaning Verizon knew about the defect and still selling people storm 2's. I read about it on crackberry. I knew it was something funny about the screen, but though it was just me. If I have the problem again, I'm sending it right back and asking for a refund.
    The screen problem isn't on every device. Plus the screen problem is not limited to just the carrier Verizon. I have my original device made in Oct of '09 I don't have any problems with the screen.
    04-16-10 06:27 AM
    The screen problem isn't on every device. Plus the screen problem is not limited to just the carrier Verizon. I have my original device made in Oct of '09 I don't have any problems with the screen.
    I understand that..... but RIM knew about the problem, Verizon started giving people the replacement in February, I brought mine in March, I should have received a phone a updated screen already installed.
    04-16-10 06:46 AM
    I understand that..... but RIM knew about the problem,
    Yeah and then they fixed it by sending out a bulletin informing users of the problem. If you did not recieve a refurb phone, it is not necessarily Verizon's fault that you did not recieve one. Verizon has no control over who sends what to them. They place an order for a refurb that has passed all tests (indicated by the green sticker) by a carrier or hub (could come from anywhere) but there is no way for Verizon to really know for sure that the device you will recieve will not have the problem, unless you recieve one with the date after 2/22 or one of the several codes with the new hardware installed.
    04-16-10 06:57 AM
    I understand that..... but RIM knew about the problem, Verizon started giving people the replacement in February, I brought mine in March, I should have received a phone a updated screen already installed.
    no they didnt.

this was the first ANYONE knew anything about the screen exchange

BlackBerry Storm2 Screen Improved-Verizon Wireless Returning Current Stock | BerryScoop

3rd of march and if you had actually done any reading like you said you would know that almost 2 weeks after that VZW employees still didnt know about the "recall" So you buying yours on March 6 could easily been old hardware
    04-16-10 06:58 AM
    just for my interest, where are the 9550 manufactured!? My 9520 was manufactured in Hungary.
    A,
    04-16-10 08:11 AM
    just for my interest, where are the 9550 manufactured!? My 9520 was manufactured in Hungary.
    A,
    all over still, they didnt change manufactures, they simply took apart and added some hardware to the currrent stock and of course added it to the production of the new ones. I have seen mexico, canada and hungary as production countries so far i think
    04-16-10 08:19 AM
    mexico here
    04-16-10 08:33 AM
    I just want to know where they defected to..?

04-16-10 08:38 AM
    I got my refurb last week and its almost perfect. no click issues, raised pieces, OS issues, nothing. Loving it.
    04-16-10 08:41 AM
    no they didnt.

this was the first ANYONE knew anything about the screen exchange

BlackBerry Storm2 Screen Improved-Verizon Wireless Returning Current Stock | BerryScoop

3rd of march and if you had actually done any reading like you said you would know that almost 2 weeks after that VZW employees still didnt know about the "recall" So you buying yours on March 6 could easily been old hardware
    Good Reading...... Carriers Getting New Screen Improved BlackBerry Storm2 - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews
    04-16-10 08:48 AM
    i know its a report that is based of the link i posted...so whats your point?
    04-16-10 08:52 AM
    i know its a report that is based of the link i posted...so whats your point?
    Resolution:
    RIM has added silicone actuators to the touchpad to improve touchpad performance and tactile response. All New and Certified Like-New Replacement devices produced by RIM starting on February 10, 2010 contain the new hardware enhancement. Devices can be identified by the Green dot on the master carton and/or date code on the back of the device.
    04-16-10 09:01 AM
    If its not to your liking when you receive then send it back....instead of arguing back and forth with people or better yet "arguing over spilled milk"....I agree this hardware issue should have been noticed and corrected prior to release, yet it was not and the quick fix they came up with was making improvements through updated released OS's.....obviously that didn't solve the issues since people (including myself) brought it to their attention and received the updated S2 with no problems....

04-16-10 09:06 AM
    Resolution:
    RIM has added silicone actuators to the touchpad to improve touchpad performance and tactile response. All New and Certified Like-New Replacement devices produced by RIM starting on February 10, 2010 contain the new hardware enhancement. Devices can be identified by the Green dot on the master carton and/or date code on the back of the device.
    right they were being produced in feb, VZW didnt get the notice until march 1st of the issue and didnt start getting corrected devices until march 3. and like has been mentioned in 5434805 threads it took a couple weeks for most stores to actually have the updated stock.
    04-16-10 09:18 AM
    right they were being produced in feb, VZW didnt get the notice until march 1st of the issue and didnt start getting corrected devices until march 3. and like has been mentioned in 5434805 threads it took a couple weeks for most stores to actually have the updated stock.
    All I'm saying is...... I brought my phone on March 6, 2010 and they (Verizon) knew about the problem. Yet they still had customers buying defected Storm 2 phones.... End of Story and hoping I get a good one or it's going back.
    04-16-10 10:09 AM
    All I'm saying is...... I brought my phone on March 6, 2010 and they (Verizon) knew about the problem. Yet they still had customers buying defected Storm 2 phones.... End of Story and hoping I get a good one or it's going back.
    Again, NOT ALL of the Storm2's were defective. NOT ALL needed to be replaced.

Why should they repair/replace ALL devices if not all devices are impacted?

My GF stil has her original Storm2 purchased in Nov. I'm on my second replacement which has the newer date code so it should have the "enhanced screen." Before I put the .607 code on, I didn't really feel any difference between the two. After the .607 on mine, its become overly sensitive to pressing, to the point where I find myself accidentally launching apps while I'm picking it up of the table.

the only difference I felt between my original and first replacement compared to my GF's... the bottom keys sticking on mine. Nothing else.
    04-16-10 11:00 AM

As I'm reading the thread, I was wondering if someone beat me to this question.

Seriously though, RobPuba, do you think that other companies don't sell products knowing that some of them will be defective? To a corporation, the bottom line is "the bottom line." Verizon/RIM are not the only ones that do this. Many corporations operate in this way, especially when they have built a certain reputation for themselves. Look at Toyota, they thought they could hide defective vehicles, or at the very least it not be enough of a problem to worry about. Do you think that all iPhones, Android devices, Palms, Windows devices, etc. are trouble free & perfect products?

Either use it to the best of your/its ability, or give something else a try. I agree with what many others have said: when mine's working well, it's great; when it's not, I want to throw it at the wall. I'm guessing that's not the answer you're looking for, but it's reality for a lot of things in life.
    04-16-10 05:06 PM
    I got mine in November and it's been great. I haven't had a problem yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 06:09 PM
    I got mine in November and it's been great. I haven't had a problem yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Same here, no problems from day 1.

Yes, some my have problems, but it's not like Verizon sold you a defective product that could kill you (like some Japanese car company that shall go unnamed). I can even see being upset if they refused to do anything about it, but they are willing to replace it.
    04-16-10 06:29 PM
    By the sound of your messages, I would be willing to bet that you will not be satisified with your replacement(s).
    04-16-10 06:36 PM
    Really? Selling "defective" equipment?? So, if every PC i buy has an issue, i can go online and state that Microsoft is knowingly selling defective equipment?? Strange. I need to start doing this.......wait, i just read all the other posts....so apparantly Verizon seems to have things under control b/c most of the other posts on here are not having issues. If you cant get used to the screen, you should have done more research. And there will be defective equipment at times. It is part of the industry.

Disregard the OP. And him stating that Verizon is selling defective equipment is false. Check some of the other URL's on this thread which totally shows the OP is false. Dates are wrong. Info is incorrect.
    04-16-10 06:51 PM

Yeah i'd like to know this as well. I hear they go to Antarctica......someone find me a link to prove this
    04-16-10 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD