Hi I was wondering if the screen protector that comes installed on the Storm is the same as the three-pack protectors that are sold at the Verizon store? I dont know if I should stick with the same ones or see if there are better ones out there.
    03-23-09 08:00 PM
    I don't think they're the same the original took like a month to come off, and the ones I bought are still going strong. I'm on the first one after three full months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 08:03 PM
    Hi I was wondering if the screen protector that comes installed on the Storm is the same as the three-pack protectors that are sold at the Verizon store? I dont know if I should stick with the same ones or see if there are better ones out there.

Go with this one, best one out there imo, just have make sure it gets put on correctly. I had the person at best by were I purchased it put it on.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Storm 9500/9530 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    Last edited by Donkeyhuff; 03-23-09 at 08:08 PM.
    03-23-09 08:06 PM
    My storm was shipped with three screen protectors already in place. They lasted a week. Have had one of the 3 pack on my phone for over a month now and it is still fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 08:09 PM
    Go with this one, best one out there imo, just have make sure it gets put on correctly. I had the person at best by were I purchased it put it on.

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Storm 9500/9530 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield
    I thought they only sold the "screen" part of the invis.SHIELD? and isnt it like 25 bucks

pack of 3 at VZW $9.99 work great!
    03-23-09 08:13 PM
    I thought they only sold the "screen" part of the invis.SHIELD? and isnt it like 25 bucks

I believe your right, but I bought mine at best buy (screen part only) for $20.00, since it is scratch proof and gives you the life time warranty I thought it was a good buy since you never have to worry about replacing it.
    03-23-09 08:16 PM
    Since the Storm screen is glass, wouldn't any blow hard enough to scratch the screen be more likely to do serious damage?
    03-23-09 08:20 PM
    I still have the factory protector on one of my storms. Put one from verizon on my other storm and it works great! However, it took me awhile to figure out HOW to put them on. I will continue to buy the verizon ones.
    03-23-09 08:21 PM
    not the same...
    And I have been naked since a week after I got my storm months ago and no issues...
    03-23-09 08:26 PM
    my verizon 3 pack i bought is great... bought my phone first week in january and the first screen i put on is still goin strong
    03-23-09 08:33 PM
    The screen protector that came with the storm was from the factory. It didn't take long for mine to get alot of fine scratches.

I bought the 3 pack from verizon. the mil is about double the thickness as the factory screen protector. Been about 6 weeks and no fine scratches. No issues with typing, swiping, or calling up apps or dialing the phone. Not a bad product.
    03-23-09 08:52 PM
    The one that comes on the box is good enough for shipping and short term handling only IMO. It feels a little more "STRETCHY" than the after market ones and mine hade tape residue stuck all over the top portion.

I saw really cheap accessories on ebay, less than $3 and 2 chargers and protectors all for $8 includes free shipping so I ordered. I don't want to say who is the seller but he had a lot of cheap Storm accessories, just search and you will find him. Oh and one neat item he had was a retractable car charger but I didn't order it because the cord looked too thin but it was a cool item!

3-pack ones
    03-23-09 08:53 PM
    The VZW is a lot stronger/sticker. I use a case for the BB and the factory one came off within a week, been using the VZW one for over a month and still no signs of it coming loose. Also one thing about the VZW one is that it's slightly too big. Just cut 1mm from the top and 1mm off one of the sides and it's good to go.
    03-23-09 08:55 PM
    who needs screen protectors?? check out ces911's post

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...errerid=773169
    Last edited by SenorStorm; 03-24-09 at 03:38 AM. Reason: sorry - cant figure out this darned web link thing.
    03-24-09 03:02 AM

noooooo zagg screen protectors are bad really bad
    03-24-09 04:38 AM

actually you can get full body coverage on your storm from ZAGG, it is what i use and it looks naked unless you look really closely because i put it on like an obsessive-compulsive would have done...hah! and it was only 21.00 after m CC discount. happ hunting
    03-24-09 04:47 AM
    I'm a ****** and wasted a VZW protector by putting it on the factory one...pulled off the last protective film , ya know the final step...totally pulled up the factory one scrap the whole thing and running naked since.
    03-24-09 04:50 AM
    I bought the ones you cut to size from Walmart and they work great. You get 5 screen protectors for $6
    03-24-09 07:53 AM
    Search for "clear protector" on eBay. They make them for just about every device imaginable [phones, ipod, psp, etc.], and you only have to buy 1!

I had one on my Motorola Q for 2 years, and when I removed it to sell the phone the screen looked as good as new. They do cost $10, but given that you only have to buy 1, I think its much more economical.
    03-24-09 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD