now the REAL question is who subscribes to these threads to keep up on the hot juicy gossip??!!!!
    It would appear you do Ninja Boy.
    05-25-09 01:21 AM
    What's really funny is anyone...ANYONE believing anything a VZW rep has to offer
    Why do people keep asking the reps anyway??!! I mean....why would the company go out of their way to sit down reps just to have them say any day now...Those that try the hybrids (the users) are the ones with the insight...if a rep says they don't know then they are deemed clueless...NO ONE knows...not on the RIM site not on the Verizon site...no coming soon to a Storm near you so........get of the reps they just answer the calls & let's not forget........there are about 100 phones they are expected to know information on besides the storm best seller or not
    05-25-09 01:28 AM
    why do I waste my time looking at these..

and why do you reply???
    05-25-09 01:31 AM
    Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 15:30:37 -0400 (EDT)
    From: Verizon Wireless Data Technical Support <[email protected]>

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for the delayed response. Due to an extremely high volume of customer email inquiries, the response time has been longer than expected. We greatly value your business. We understand that you have made an investment in Verizon Wireless and resolving your concern is our number one priority. We will be happy to address your concerns individually.

1. Is the phone going to be up-dated to work as advertised?

We'd like to assure you that we are committed to providing the very latest in products and services. For that reason, we rigorously test our products prior to launching them in an effort ensure they meet our standards of excellence. Doing so allows us to confidently address information regarding products or services that we currently offer. Disclosing any unconfirmed information that may be subject to change could raise expectations that may not be met. At this time, we are unable to state if/when an update for the Blackberry Storm will become available as no information has been given. We understand and sincerely apologize for any frustration and would like to encourage you to sign up for email updates so you can receive information regarding our new products and services.

What made me laugh was "we rigorously test our products prior to launching them in an effort ensure they meet our standards of excellence."

Complete and utter lie if I ever saw one.
    05-25-09 05:03 AM
    What made me laugh was "we rigorously test our products prior to launching them in an effort ensure they meet our standards of excellence."

Complete and utter lie if I ever saw one.
    YUP, Indeed.
    05-25-09 11:31 AM
    Even funnier are the words
    "We understand"
    05-25-09 11:43 AM
    ...,we rigorously test our products prior to launching them in an effort ensure they meet our standards of excellence.
    Where were you in November? Vacation?
    05-25-09 11:49 AM
    RE: testing products prior to launching comments....

they tested the **** out of the storm, but even with the "fail" stamp, the CEO pushed for launch anyway....or we still wouldn't have it....

just think about that for a second...7 months without the storm, all of the OS builds we've seen would have failed...they only pushed .75 to get a fix ASAP for the floundering device.
    05-25-09 08:50 PM
    I just got my STORM 2 weeks ago and have been obsessed learning all about it....what exactly will the new OS fix? Can someone tell me please? I need to decide whether to keep this device or not....30 days up soon. Thanks so much.
    05-26-09 09:29 AM
    I just got my STORM 2 weeks ago and have been obsessed learning all about it....what exactly will the new OS fix? Can someone tell me please? I need to decide whether to keep this device or not....30 days up soon. Thanks so much.
    For a second I thought you were saying I got my Sotrm 2, weeks ago.

I also just started using my Storm. I've had it for a little while (couple weeks), just never activated it. Let my self get used to it before taking out in to the real world.

I ran it for one day on .75 (activated). I know I only gave it one day so I don't know if some of the bugs just didn't have time to kick in but I really didn't have any issues other than it was slow and laggy in almost everything I did. No freezes though.

Upgraded to .148 that night and I am loving the Storm. I do miss the traditional BlackBerry feel but it is defintiely a fun and much more usable device with the upgrade. Even though I didn't get any of the really bad bugs in my short time with .75 I could see the lag making the Storm annoying to use.

Go for the update, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be and completely worth it.
    05-26-09 10:36 AM
    Take it back today! When the VZW rep lies to you and tells you they just had a preview of the new OS that is going to fix all the bugs, tell them to quit lying and just process the return

Wait for the Storm2 to come out, maybe they will get all the crap fixed, and you will have a phone that works that you do not have put leaked OS's on to get working properly.
    05-26-09 10:42 AM
    Take it back today! When the VZW rep lies to you and tells you they just had a preview of the new OS that is going to fix all the bugs, tell them to quit lying and just process the return

Wait for the Storm2 to come out, maybe they will get all the crap fixed, and you will have a phone that works that you do not have put leaked OS's on to get working properly.
    expect to wait months and months for the storm 2 to come out.

or you can DL .148 and keep the storm now, and make the decision for yourself, based on what is available to you NOW....
    05-26-09 03:04 PM
    .148 seems good enough to make it very useable platform -- hope they make it offical
    05-26-09 07:01 PM
    i think my rep just beat your rep up at the flag pole during lunch today.

and my rep is the student of the month at some school nobody cares about.
    now that is funny!!!!
    05-26-09 07:33 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD