Talked to a Service rep today. Said Verizon is in its final testing phase of the latest upgrade. Said Verizon keeps rejecting RIMs offerings and is making them fix issues before putting it out to the public. He also stated it was supposed to be out on May 1st but Verizon decided to make more changes to the software. He said it should be any day and as soon as Verizon is pleased with it it will be out.
    05-24-09 05:27 PM
    What's funny is that they think they are "telling RIM what to fix". I find that amuzing because each and every 4.7 OS they're testing HAS ALREADY BEEN COMPILED, which means they ain't fixing isht on them. They'll probably apply those fixes to 5.x releases if they find the bugs, but all the way up to 4.7.0.227 has already been compiled and finalized.... i.e. take it or leave it. Verizon is funny... the community had to find it's bugs in .141 to fail that release... lol.
    05-24-09 05:30 PM
    I did not think that verizon makes changes to the software
    05-24-09 05:30 PM
    "Jam yesterday, jam tomorrow -- but NEVER jam today."

-- Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
    05-24-09 05:32 PM
    They don't. They are testing it and making RIM do further fixes.
    05-24-09 05:33 PM
    What's funny is that they think they are "telling RIM what to fix". . .
    What's really funny is anyone...ANYONE believing anything a VZW rep has to offer
    05-24-09 05:46 PM
    any day now. I heard that in February, march, and april.
    Let's add may and june to the list... just for kicks...
    05-24-09 05:50 PM
    just get to the point..VERIZON SUCKS
    05-24-09 06:01 PM
    We have been hearing coming soon since the last release 12/5/2008
    05-24-09 06:08 PM
    My Rep Said That There Wont Be A Update Until Storm 2 Releases And It Will Have 5.0 ....... Now That Sounds A Lil More Reasnable
    05-24-09 06:11 PM
    We may all be waiting for Godot...
    Until the Storm v2 comes out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 06:15 PM
    verizon only adds to the vendor.xml file and reports bugs/issues/improvements needed back to RIM.

and with .141, they had reasons beyond what we found to fail it from what i'm told, idk what those reasons are...but even during testing there were bugs found and being talked about. yet to have any bugs come up in discussion with .148 as of yet, and testing ends thursday. so we'll see!

the chances of getting the storm 2 before we get an OS update are slim to none. VZW will release the first release that they pass, they're not going to hold off and wager on later builds, like 5.0 and storm 2 rumorists are stating...
    05-24-09 06:26 PM
    My Rep Said That There Wont Be A Update Until Storm 2 Releases And It Will Have 5.0 ....... Now That Sounds A Lil More Reasnable
    i think my rep just beat your rep up at the flag pole during lunch today.

and my rep is the student of the month at some school nobody cares about.
    05-24-09 06:28 PM
    i think my rep just beat your rep up at the flag pole during lunch today.

and my rep is the student of the month at some school nobody cares about.

hahaaa

10char
    05-24-09 06:50 PM
    why do I waste my time looking at these..
    05-24-09 06:52 PM
    why do I waste my time looking at these..
    Probably the same reason you write a response lol. I'm the same way though. It's like a train wreck. You know its a mess but you can't look away...

05-24-09 07:06 PM
    i agree with the train/car wreck theory. humans, as a race of animals, are inherently violent. we want violence, as entertainment mostly. thats why athletes and fighters get paid the big bucks...whatever...you know you love these threads krymz, you don't gotta lie to kick it!

now the REAL question is who subscribes to these threads to keep up on the hot juicy gossip??!!!!
    05-24-09 07:55 PM
    Oh my god. Not again.

05-24-09 10:22 PM
    God............... how many times are we going to hear this????????????????
    05-24-09 10:23 PM
    Did you tape or record the cnversation? Without proof and the rep being high up and reputable; it didn't happen!

05-24-09 10:30 PM
    i've learned something today...

when i talk about the testing process, absolutely NOBODY listens to me!

but i still love all of you anyway...
    05-24-09 10:56 PM

What did you say? I wasnt listening...

So far so good with 148. Almost sounds promising from the testing aspect.
    05-24-09 11:00 PM
    The day I believe any rep within the company about when software will be out is the day I actually have it on my device completely downloaded.

However, then I will be pissed off bc there will be one more glitch that they didn't find that I have to suffer thru for another agonizing 6 full months until they fix it.

But I am not complaining I have had minimal problems with all of the devices I have had.
    05-24-09 11:03 PM

Lol some of us listen to you. But I agree with civic how is Verizon telling rim what to fix when they're done compiling builds for 4.7 lol.

05-24-09 11:09 PM
    Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 15:30:37 -0400 (EDT)
    From: Verizon Wireless Data Technical Support <[email protected]>

Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for the delayed response. Due to an extremely high volume of customer email inquiries, the response time has been longer than expected. We greatly value your business. We understand that you have made an investment in Verizon Wireless and resolving your concern is our number one priority. We will be happy to address your concerns individually.

1. Is the phone going to be up-dated to work as advertised?

We'd like to assure you that we are committed to providing the very latest in products and services. For that reason, we rigorously test our products prior to launching them in an effort ensure they meet our standards of excellence. Doing so allows us to confidently address information regarding products or services that we currently offer. Disclosing any unconfirmed information that may be subject to change could raise expectations that may not be met. At this time, we are unable to state if/when an update for the Blackberry Storm will become available as no information has been given. We understand and sincerely apologize for any frustration and would like to encourage you to sign up for email updates so you can receive information regarding our new products and services.
    05-25-09 01:17 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD