That's to bad it was a bad experiance for you. I sure can't say enough about my verizon store or even when I have been on the phone with them. I tell everyone with ears hanging off their head how much I love Verizon.
    02-21-09 12:47 AM
    normally I don't post in these kinds of threads, but this one begged for a response...

you're an id10t. she gave you the correct information, and that upset you.

as has been stated- no VZW BB device **TO DATE** has included WIFI.

Furthermore, unlocking the phone is not something VZW (or ANY carrier, for that matter) will do. You wanted to be able to use it internationally and not have to change to a global data plan... it doesn't work that way. BB's are expected to use data and voice - in that order. Saying "I just want to use voice and no data when I travel" tells me you shouldn't have gotten a data device. VZW has a global rental program you can setup if you're travelling less than 21 days... a global phone w/ data capability, but you don't have to have a data plan.

as far as the new LG goes- yes, they're not supposed to really comment on it until the OK comes from corporate. they can talk about it PERSONALLY, but can't even bring it up in conversation PROFESSIONALLY. things can change in an instant, so how pissed are you going to be to get all the info just to have something different come out (however slightly it may be)???
    02-21-09 12:50 AM
    I really feel for that poor lady and most other cell phone reps as well. I am sure they have to appease whiny emo's all the time. In a time when people are loosing their homes and may not know where their next meal is coming from, we should feel fortunate to only complain our BB's don't have WIFI.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 06:52 AM
    Whata goober.

02-21-09 07:01 AM
    I would like to go give this poor old lady a hug! she seemed like a nice helpful lady and you just seemed like a ****.

Edit: last word is j-e-r-k not some bad word
    02-21-09 07:03 AM
    But I guarantee that this rep was in the lower knowledge-base of that store. That is all.
    I wonder if the rep was thinking the same thing about the customer.
    02-21-09 07:42 AM
    Saga is not available in stores. They can order for you, but they have no physical inventory to sell to customers.

02-21-09 09:20 AM
    I'm lining up with the "old lady" rep FWIW.
    02-21-09 09:24 AM
    She's correct. NO BLACKBERRIES TO DATE THAT ARE CDMA HAVE WIFI ON THEM. The Niagra will be the first. Notice how she said "Any that we've carried".

She's also correct on the "We don't do unlocking" thing. They're not supposed to hand out info that Global Support can unlock the SIM because they're in the business to make money on service plans... i.e. Global Plan.

So... I don't see what your problem is here. Maybe it was you that was uninformed.
    I definatly agree. It seems like the OP doesnt take well to people that just tell what they know. He's gotta be easy on these people. I dont really see why a thread was posted here about a complaint that he has.
    02-21-09 09:30 AM
    Sounds to me like the OP was, and probably still is, po'd that the phone didn't have what he wanted and decided it was the clerk's fault. Just sayin.
    02-21-09 09:37 AM
    If you displayed your serious attitude problem in the store that you displayed in your post, I'm surprised she didn't tell you to take a hike.
    02-21-09 09:43 AM

The unlocking part was on her. She let me know that there is NO unlocking the phone. That the only way is to go with their Global package, which is the **** I don't want. She also said that if I go and try to do it myself, and I mess it up, it will make the phone useless. Which is why I asked about them unlocking it. The reason I am even mentioning it here is because I was reading a post recently that mentioned that the service rep unlocked the phone for the person when they were getting it. That is the main thing that pissed me off, now I don't know if that was true. But the thing that pissed me off is that if it was true, I just got a phone that I couldn't unlock and take with me out of the country - which would have sucked. There is no technicality in the question. I just mentioned in the conversation that I was going to be traveling and that I would need to have it unlocked, and the answer was no, and you WILL have to get the Global sh!t. Like unlocking didn't even exist.

Again, you are/were in the wrong. No sales rep informs people about unlocking - that is stupid. Think about it. I sell a much cheaper phone for you to cancel (even with cancelation fees the phone is cheaper than buying it out of contract) and use their phone on another service provider. Plus for the most of their phones, they are CDMA and CDMA phones can't be unlocked due to the set-up of the network. SIM phones can be unlocked - CDMA can't be or will be once in like a thousand times at best as it requires both providers to agree to using the phone.

Do your own research before you blow up on sales reps that do their job perfectly fine.
    02-21-09 09:52 AM
    And so are customers sometime. But the customer is always right even when wrong. It seems like everything she told you was correct but you did not want to hear it. If you want a BB with WI-FI then go somewhere else.
    02-21-09 09:57 AM
    Damn, feels like some people here have a pole up their ***. They have always given me good service, this is the first time it sucked and the rep was not knowledgeable.

First, I know that the Storm does not have WiFi, I know, I've been using it. I didn't word it right, I wasn't ******** at her that it does not have it, I mentioned how it does not have it, "********" was an over statement, that's why I was looking for other devices with WiFi.

As for the "No CDMA BB has ever had WiFi" I wasn't sure about that. I know that there are models out there that come with it. I was not aware that none were for Verizon, so that one I messed up on.

Next, I didn't come in knowing crap, I was aware that the Saga did have it, and she wanted to look it up. Messed up again in my writing and did not include that she told me they don't carry it in store, but I looked at it three days earlier. I just didn't mess with it at the time because it was a big bulky blue phone. My point was that the lady was not familiar with a device she should be with. She wasn't even sure if it was Global, so come on, she should have at least known that one. I know that they need to know at least the basic specs.

The unlocking part was on her. She let me know that there is NO unlocking the phone. That the only way is to go with their Global package, which is the **** I don't want. She also said that if I go and try to do it myself, and I mess it up, it will make the phone useless. Which is why I asked about them unlocking it. The reason I am even mentioning it here is because I was reading a post recently that mentioned that the service rep unlocked the phone for the person when they were getting it. That is the main thing that pissed me off, now I don't know if that was true. But the thing that pissed me off is that if it was true, I just got a phone that I couldn't unlock and take with me out of the country - which would have sucked. There is no technicality in the question. I just mentioned in the conversation that I was going to be traveling and that I would need to have it unlocked, and the answer was no, and you WILL have to get the Global sh!t. Like unlocking didn't even exist.

As for the LG thing, a simple "I'm not sure" would have been fine. I'm not sure how you can defend the lady going to some random sites to look it up, maybe she DIDN'T know, and I still think a simple not sure would have sufficed. No reason to go to a different site if she wasn't going to tell me anything right? It was not much of an open ended question, plus I said it was something I have heard, it wasn't a test question.

Anyway, I am just writing/sharing how the situation went, not like I can go back and change it and talk to someone else. I'm not asking for anything here. I might have been a little tired, but I am still maintaining that she should have known more about the phones, and maybe the services. I'm just saying that she was not as good as she should have been, or maybe as good in service as I have been used to. I do know a manager from one of the stores so I might have been spoiled. But I guarantee that this rep was in the lower knowledge-base of that store. That is all.
    If you would have done any research which you should always do as a prudent consumer then you would know that the BB Storm can be unlocked quite easily. There are many posts on this forum with detailed instructions. It seems like one of the easiest phones to get unlocked and VZW is one of the easiest companies to do that for you, but it is not then at the store. You have to call Global CS.
    02-21-09 10:08 AM
    The OP went into the store ready to find "bad" service. If you "knew" about all the pros and cons of the storm why did you ask. You knew you were setting her up by this quote alone: "So I go back to talking about the Storm and tell her how its going to be a pain in the *** carrying it to another country without WiFi, and that I will just have to unlock it and if she knows how long I have to wait before I can unlock it, and if there is a way I can get Internet with another countries service. She then tells me that they don't do that service, by "that service" I mean unlocking, and that I would have to get on their Global something that is $60 extra a month. Another chance I had to leave, but I was just so damn confused, I didn't know what the **** she was talking about now. "

She was right and the OP was looking for trouble.

FAIL
    02-21-09 10:14 AM
    I would like to go give this poor old lady a hug! she seemed like a nice helpful lady and you just seemed like a ****.

Edit: last word is j-e-r-k not some bad word
    She sounds like a very knowledgeable rep. Its not her fault if you dont like the info shes giving you. Just bc you were expecting different answers, that doesnt make YOU right.
    02-21-09 10:24 AM
    its a shame the experience was bad, i work in a corporate verizon store and everything sounds spot on. It wouldnt make sense to talk about unlocking a phone because hey.. data is commisionable and a $60 data plan is quite worth it. Its to bad that customers feel the need to try and outsmart the reps that have all the info on hand. The third party site was probably engadget or phonearena which gives an estimate to which phones verizon is getting and an estimated date.. these however are rarely accurate which is why if we ever reference something from a site it is purly speculative. As far the phone not being wi-fi compatible, At least in the U.S for the most part it isnt needed and vzw's rev. A speed is usually faster anyway. For global it might make a little more sense.. but still... ANyway.. my 2 cents.
    02-21-09 10:28 AM
    i feel bad for the old lady... some people need to be more grateful nowadays and appreciate all of our past generations and their accomplishments
    02-21-09 11:40 AM
    Sounds like your the moron to me. EpiC FAIL!

02-21-09 11:48 AM
    I don't understand why so many people do not realize that public WiFi has serious security problem. I will not use any public WiFi even if the Storm has such capability.

02-21-09 11:49 AM
    I don't understand why so many people do not realize that public WiFi has serious security problem. I will not use any public WiFi even if the Storm has such capability.

Some people like being victims of identity theft
    02-21-09 12:27 PM
    Damn, feels like some people here have a pole up their ***. They have always given me good service, this is the first time it sucked and the rep was not knowledgeable.

First, I know that the Storm does not have WiFi, I know, I've been using it. I didn't word it right, I wasn't ******** at her that it does not have it, I mentioned how it does not have it, "********" was an over statement, that's why I was looking for other devices with WiFi.

As for the "No CDMA BB has ever had WiFi" I wasn't sure about that. I know that there are models out there that come with it. I was not aware that none were for Verizon, so that one I messed up on.

Next, I didn't come in knowing crap, I was aware that the Saga did have it, and she wanted to look it up. Messed up again in my writing and did not include that she told me they don't carry it in store, but I looked at it three days earlier. I just didn't mess with it at the time because it was a big bulky blue phone. My point was that the lady was not familiar with a device she should be with. She wasn't even sure if it was Global, so come on, she should have at least known that one. I know that they need to know at least the basic specs.

As for the LG thing, a simple "I'm not sure" would have been fine. I'm not sure how you can defend the lady going to some random sites to look it up, maybe she DIDN'T know, and I still think a simple not sure would have sufficed. No reason to go to a different site if she wasn't going to tell me anything right? It was not much of an open ended question, plus I said it was something I have heard, it wasn't a test question.

Anyway, I am just writing/sharing how the situation went, not like I can go back and change it and talk to someone else. I'm not asking for anything here. I might have been a little tired, but I am still maintaining that she should have known more about the phones, and maybe the services. I'm just saying that she was not as good as she should have been, or maybe as good in service as I have been used to. I do know a manager from one of the stores so I might have been spoiled. But I guarantee that this rep was in the lower knowledge-base of that store. That is all.
    O.K. so a rep should know the basic stats of every phone out there for verizon...do you realize how many phones that is?? That's about 50 different phones (smart and dumb) and that's not counting the ones they don't sell on the website anymore...there are a lot of phones for sale in the store that aren't actively sold on the website. And there is a lot of info on each phone which some people consider basic like, Camera resolution, memory built into phone, expandable memory, and what size card will it take, battery life, talk time, and standby time, is it global, does it have bluetooth, there is a LOT to know...if you figure just those question by 50 phones you have almost 500 things to remember right there, and it does get confusing.

And about the new LG phone...there's been almost no info released yet in many of the stores, so there really isn't much she could have told you. I'd say she was a better than average rep, because she looked online for it so she could help you out!
    02-21-09 03:08 PM
    You guys are missing the OP's point. He didn't go into the Verizon store looking for a rep, he went in looking for a CrackBerry member with a Verizon name tag. When the clerk failed to deliver what he felt he was due, he cried like a little girl with a skinned knee.
    02-22-09 07:39 AM
    But the customer is always right even when wrong.
    I very strongly and respectfully disagree. That statement (and belief) is the biggest problem of any retail sales position. Customers keep companies in business and customer service is king if you want to stay in business but customers are not always right. In fact, I'd say that happens infrequently.

The OP went into the store ready to find "bad" service.

She was right and the OP was looking for trouble.

FAIL
    This is an almost daily occurrence. People love to hate the phone company.

You guys are missing the OP's point. He didn't go into the Verizon store looking for a rep, he went in looking for a CrackBerry member with a Verizon name tag. When the clerk failed to deliver what he felt he was due, he cried like a little girl with a skinned knee.
    People who use a specific device or do a lot of research on something specific will often know more technical information than a regular salesperson. Sales staff has to be up to date on a very wide variety of topics about a lot of different phones current and past. One of the most promising things you will see out of any sales person when you ask a question is that they admit they don't know the answer and then offer to attempt to find the correct answer for you.
    ...or would you rather they make something up and lie to you?

To the salesperson... Kudos!
    To the OP...want some cheese with that whine?
    02-24-09 12:32 PM
    I have this vision of the sales lady being some 40 year old hottie that this guy calls "Grandma" because he's about 12 and to him she looks old. The poor woman probably wanted to slap him and throw him out the door! I know I would have!
    02-24-09 01:32 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD