Ok, so I went into my local Verizon store to see some other phones they have and the lady that helped me was an *****. I wish I can just stop there, but I cant. I honestly don't know what the f**k she was doing over there. Didn't want to be judgmental, but when I saw that it was an elderly lady (grandma), I was thinking of waiting for someone else.

Anyway, so I go in and we got talking about the Storm. First I asked if they had any global enabled phones with WiFi, and she only found the Samsung Saga, as I said she would. So I got to ******** how the Storm wasn't out with WiFi and she tells me that none of the BB devices come with WiFi, and I had to pause for a second, and asked, "Wait, none of them?" Then she said at least none of the ones we've (Verizon) carried. I should have thanked her then and there, and left the store, but no, I stayed.

So I go back to talking about the Storm and tell her how its going to be a pain in the *** carrying it to another country without WiFi, and that I will just have to unlock it and if she knows how long I have to wait before I can unlock it, and if there is a way I can get Internet with another countries service. She then tells me that they don't do that service, by "that service" I mean unlocking, and that I would have to get on their Global something that is $60 extra a month. Another chance I had to leave, but I was just so damn confused, I didn't know what the **** she was talking about now.

So I'm standing there for a few seconds, and I'm processing all this. I finally ask her about an LG phone that is "rumored" to be coming in two weeks, and whether she knows ANY details about it. She says no, but she'll check, and then goes to some random third party site for info, then tells me, "No, there is only one for AT&T that came out". NOOOOO!!! Did I ask her for AT&T, no, I didn't.

The whole thing just pissed me off, I cant belive someone who doesn't know **** about what is going on has a job there. I know that the economy is bad, so I know that there are quite a few more people interested in the job, a few more qualified people. I just didn't know what to say, if it wasn't so busy I would have just went to someone else, but the damn store was busy.

Anyways, I trailed off of the main concern. I know that the phone can be unlocked, I don't have a doubt about that, but now she put a doubt in me about unlocking the phone when I am going out of the country. I am still 99.99% sure that I indeed can unlock it while with Verizon and take it somewhere else without getting their "Global" service. I just want to be sure.
    02-20-09 08:41 PM
    Sorry for your bad experience. There's a Verizon store right down the street from where I live, and they provide awesome service. I wish they were all like that.

As for unlocking the phone... Yes, you can. There's a few posts around her that detail what you have to do. It involves calling a specific Verizon support line and requesting a code. Just search.

Good luck.
    02-20-09 08:46 PM
    im sorry you did have a good experience, but honestly, she was just stating facts for the most part. yeah, sucks that it doesnt have wifi, but thats how it is, nothing we can do about it..

as far as the unlocking, thats not a service they can do in store.... as Pyroja said call the number...

Lastly, the reps cannot discuss info on non-released phones.... so if you are talking about the 9600, then she was right to not discuss anything about it.

Not saying she couldnt have been nicer, but just wanted to state the facts.
    02-20-09 08:55 PM
    Actually, she was more or less on. You have to go through Global Services to get the unlock code. If you want to use the Verizon services (i.e. Sim card for Vodofone), it's $60.00 a month, can be pro-rated (i.e., use it for 2 weeks and that's all you would pay upon cancellation). As far as a world phone with WiFi from Verizon, they are few and far between.
    02-20-09 09:20 PM
    She's correct. NO BLACKBERRIES TO DATE THAT ARE CDMA HAVE WIFI ON THEM. The Niagra will be the first. Notice how she said "Any that we've carried".

She's also correct on the "We don't do unlocking" thing. They're not supposed to hand out info that Global Support can unlock the SIM because they're in the business to make money on service plans... i.e. Global Plan.

So... I don't see what your problem is here. Maybe it was you that was uninformed.
    02-20-09 09:22 PM
    Actually, besides the Saga, has there ever been a global PDA w. WIFI for verizon? did the i830?
    02-20-09 09:24 PM
    Sounds like the sales rep was giving proper information and the OP just had a stick up his a** to me.
    02-20-09 09:25 PM
    Sounds like the sales rep was giving proper information and the OP just had a stick up his a** to me.
    +1

I love how customers are told the truth about something they dont wanna hear, so it makes the rep an *****. And how is it the reps fault if a phone doesnt have WIFI? its not like they make the phones
    02-20-09 09:28 PM
    Wow, give the old lady a break.
    02-20-09 09:33 PM
    I'm guessing this thread didn't quite turn out how you expected, huh?
    02-20-09 09:35 PM
    Sounds to me like you were finding ways to nic pick.
    02-20-09 09:35 PM
    I don't get it, you knew all the info already, yet you showed up at a store to do what exactly?
    Last edited by Doc750; 02-20-09 at 09:56 PM.
    02-20-09 09:40 PM
    Obviously he went there to show how much smarter he was than the sales lady and how big his .......

Seriously.. she gave you the correct information. I don't see the complaint here.
    02-20-09 09:53 PM
    Damn, feels like some people here have a pole up their ***. They have always given me good service, this is the first time it sucked and the rep was not knowledgeable.

First, I know that the Storm does not have WiFi, I know, I've been using it. I didn't word it right, I wasn't ******** at her that it does not have it, I mentioned how it does not have it, "********" was an over statement, that's why I was looking for other devices with WiFi.

As for the "No CDMA BB has ever had WiFi" I wasn't sure about that. I know that there are models out there that come with it. I was not aware that none were for Verizon, so that one I messed up on.

Next, I didn't come in knowing crap, I was aware that the Saga did have it, and she wanted to look it up. Messed up again in my writing and did not include that she told me they don't carry it in store, but I looked at it three days earlier. I just didn't mess with it at the time because it was a big bulky blue phone. My point was that the lady was not familiar with a device she should be with. She wasn't even sure if it was Global, so come on, she should have at least known that one. I know that they need to know at least the basic specs.

The unlocking part was on her. She let me know that there is NO unlocking the phone. That the only way is to go with their Global package, which is the **** I don't want. She also said that if I go and try to do it myself, and I mess it up, it will make the phone useless. Which is why I asked about them unlocking it. The reason I am even mentioning it here is because I was reading a post recently that mentioned that the service rep unlocked the phone for the person when they were getting it. That is the main thing that pissed me off, now I don't know if that was true. But the thing that pissed me off is that if it was true, I just got a phone that I couldn't unlock and take with me out of the country - which would have sucked. There is no technicality in the question. I just mentioned in the conversation that I was going to be traveling and that I would need to have it unlocked, and the answer was no, and you WILL have to get the Global sh!t. Like unlocking didn't even exist.

As for the LG thing, a simple "I'm not sure" would have been fine. I'm not sure how you can defend the lady going to some random sites to look it up, maybe she DIDN'T know, and I still think a simple not sure would have sufficed. No reason to go to a different site if she wasn't going to tell me anything right? It was not much of an open ended question, plus I said it was something I have heard, it wasn't a test question.

Anyway, I am just writing/sharing how the situation went, not like I can go back and change it and talk to someone else. I'm not asking for anything here. I might have been a little tired, but I am still maintaining that she should have known more about the phones, and maybe the services. I'm just saying that she was not as good as she should have been, or maybe as good in service as I have been used to. I do know a manager from one of the stores so I might have been spoiled. But I guarantee that this rep was in the lower knowledge-base of that store. That is all.
    02-20-09 10:49 PM
    epic fail!!! LOL
    02-20-09 11:27 PM
    i still dont understand what you are complaining about.
    02-20-09 11:29 PM
    Isn't this why there is a Rants and Raves forum. I only see a rant here and no real question or information.
    02-20-09 11:30 PM
    yeah, you dont see it cus its not there. and yes, this should be in the rants and raves section
    02-20-09 11:32 PM
    Calm down, do your home work before you post.
    02-20-09 11:33 PM
    I could understand your rage if you didn't mention twice that you could have left but stayed to talk to her.
    02-20-09 11:41 PM
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 11:43 PM
    Ok, so I went into my local Verizon store to see some other phones they have and the lady that helped me was an *****. I wish I can just stop there, but I cant. I honestly don't know what the f**k she was doing over there. Didn't want to be judgmental, but when I saw that it was an elderly lady (grandma), I was thinking of waiting for someone else.

Anyway, so I go in and we got talking about the Storm. First I asked if they had any global enabled phones with WiFi, and she only found the Samsung Saga, as I said she would. So I got to ******** how the Storm wasn't out with WiFi and she tells me that none of the BB devices come with WiFi, and I had to pause for a second, and asked, "Wait, none of them?" Then she said at least none of the ones we've (Verizon) carried. I should have thanked her then and there, and left the store, but no, I stayed.

So I go back to talking about the Storm and tell her how its going to be a pain in the *** carrying it to another country without WiFi, and that I will just have to unlock it and if she knows how long I have to wait before I can unlock it, and if there is a way I can get Internet with another countries service. She then tells me that they don't do that service, by "that service" I mean unlocking, and that I would have to get on their Global something that is $60 extra a month. Another chance I had to leave, but I was just so damn confused, I didn't know what the **** she was talking about now.

So I'm standing there for a few seconds, and I'm processing all this. I finally ask her about an LG phone that is "rumored" to be coming in two weeks, and whether she knows ANY details about it. She says no, but she'll check, and then goes to some random third party site for info, then tells me, "No, there is only one for AT&T that came out". NOOOOO!!! Did I ask her for AT&T, no, I didn't.

The whole thing just pissed me off, I cant belive someone who doesn't know **** about what is going on has a job there. I know that the economy is bad, so I know that there are quite a few more people interested in the job, a few more qualified people. I just didn't know what to say, if it wasn't so busy I would have just went to someone else, but the damn store was busy.

Anyways, I trailed off of the main concern. I know that the phone can be unlocked, I don't have a doubt about that, but now she put a doubt in me about unlocking the phone when I am going out of the country. I am still 99.99% sure that I indeed can unlock it while with Verizon and take it somewhere else without getting their "Global" service. I just want to be sure.

Obviously just looking to impose your vast knowlege and argue with any rep who you feel is not as "smart" as you. (that worked out well for you.

Seriously? did you ask her for AT&T? well, no you didn't specify carrier, however you did ask "whether she knows ANY details about it" You asked for ANY and she gave you some info.

Overall, You have given me a new understanding of why SOME reps are fed up with customers sometimes

02-20-09 11:48 PM
    i still dont understand what you are complaining about.
    He just shared his experience with us.

follow me on Twitter / krisztibi
    02-20-09 11:58 PM
    As for the "No CDMA BB has ever had WiFi" I wasn't sure about that. I know that there are models out there that come with it. I was not aware that none were for Verizon, so that one I messed up on.
    Thus far RIM has not made any CDMA (the technology VZW uses, if you didn't know) BB's with WiFi, as stated above this is a fact if you choose to do any research on the matter (googe, this site, etc.). This is not just VZW. It is VZW, Spring, Telus, Bell, MTS Mobility, EVERY CDMA carrier. For whatever reason RIM has chosen not to add that feature to their CDMA line of BB's. Niagara, if CX's info pans out (and there is no reason to believe it wont) will be the first.

As for the rest of this, the rep could have explained things better (or you could have explained what she told you better when you posted the first post), but nothing she told you was incorrect.

It sounds to me like you came here and posted the OP trying to start yet another VZW bashing thread, and people have rightly put you in your place.

Oh, and in addition to the Saga, there have been several WinMo VX-series smart phones with WiFi. None of them are world phones however.
    02-21-09 12:12 AM

Sounds to me that the REP was spot on... never made things up, or lied to you. Double checked her facts before telling you something. To me your looking for something to b!tch about and that makes you a b!tch. What a ******!
    02-21-09 12:38 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD