I would like to see Verizon allow BBStorm Users to upgrade at a discount NE2 upgrade price EVEN though we may not be eligible. Just to continue their reputation of wonderful customer service/satisfaction. Doubtful that would happen, but it would be nice!
    Last edited by i_luv_my_BB; 06-22-09 at 03:04 PM.
    06-22-09 12:18 PM
    The Storm is no where near as bad as you are making it out to be and this is ridiculous. Early adopters run this risk, and paid the price.
    06-22-09 12:26 PM
    Its called a business and not a charity

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 12:28 PM
    This should be moved to the Storm forum
    06-22-09 12:28 PM
    Ok here is my thoughts on this whole thing. I do think alot of us got shafted with the Storm. And for Verizon to uphold it's great customer service (as I do feel it has one of the best customer service reviews then most of the other leading carriers). But to uphold that great reputation, if I were a manager or supervisor (or other higher up) at Verizon here is exactly what I would do.

1) I would make sure to order enough stock on the BBTour. Even if it meant delaying the sell date.

2) I would then offer the phone to all Storm users at an upgrade price, even if they weren't available for an upgrade. The catch would be you do have to sign a new 2 year agreement and you can receive the 2 year agreement price, BUT I would require that you send (or take) you old Storm back to Verizon. If the phone wasn't returned within 30 days of receiving the new BBTour, I would then charge the account the full retail price of the BBTour. And have the customer sign an agreement stating that fact. I would still sell the phone on a first come first serve demand, but IF the customer wasn't available for an upgrade and owns a BBStorm, I would offer them the upgrade price.

3) Yes I would have a surplus of Storms, but I would set up a department to lists the Storms on eBay.

Here is what I would accomplish! $249.99 for the new BBTour per customer.. ( I arrived at that figure as a fair upgrade price) ... an average of $100 or more per old Storm that was returned...So with the $249.99 plus a $100 or more.. I would gain $349.99 (or more) per sale. I would in turn gain ALOT of very satisfied Verizon customers that were very disappointed and disgruntled over the Storm.. And last but not least continued recongition of the outstanding commitment to Verizon Customer service and satisfaction.. NOT only to new customers but to the faithful, loyal and existing customers on Verizon!!

OK so who votes me in as Verizon Manager??? LOL

I think its an awesome idea and I hope that someone out there that works at Verizon could pick this idea up and get it to the "right" person!
    ahahahaha.

Good job on showing how truly ignorant you are.
    06-22-09 12:36 PM
    I dont mean to be negative and I know i am new to this forum (as is the OP), but it seems there are many on this board (both old and new) who feel somewhat hurt or upset about their Storm and want to get the latest and greatest in retribution. This is the exact reason Verizon gives you 30 days to evaluate all their devices. This is also the reason they already allow you to upgrade after 12 months if you sign a new contract. As a consumer i think that is very fair, and i dont really see how others keep posting unrealistic schemes and ideas about what Verizon should do. Maybe its just me?
    06-22-09 12:39 PM
    Ok bbearhug.. did you read I said that storm users pay a $249.99 upgrade fee? Hmm wonder how that is charity?

Geez alot of you people must be pretty happy with your storms huh?
    06-22-09 12:39 PM
    Its called a business and not a charity

haha this made me laugh.
    its a risk people take. just like we are taking a risk to buy the tour the day it comes out. who knows how it will turn out
    06-22-09 12:42 PM
    [QUOTE=Geez alot of you people must be pretty happy with your storms huh?[/QUOTE]

If I went by your username, I would think that you fall in that category as well......
    06-22-09 12:45 PM
    I have had 3 BB's prior to the storm.. I do love BB but NOT the Storm
    06-22-09 12:48 PM
    AHHHAHA whew... I liked the idea of it.

Issue would be, setting up an Ebay account to sell phones that by the very process they arrived there would make them pretty unsellable. The storm is a fine device and those that brought the device had a 30 day window to return it.. They kept it and therefore they are not eligible for a upgrade or discount price..

The storm is a successful device.. despite what some people think.. but your idea would be a sign of thinking out the box.. right into the business loony bin!
    06-22-09 12:52 PM
    I have had 3 BB's prior to the storm.. I do love BB but NOT the Storm
    Ah. Hey even Apple offered upgrade pricing.....so who knows in the end. Heck by the time the Tour comes out, you may be eligible for NE2! Heh.... Of course I sure hope that isn't the case!
    06-22-09 12:55 PM
    I have a feeling there would be some legal issues in regards to Verizon's contract with RIM to sell the product on ebay.

Verizon would in essense being competing against it self. They would try and push you to buy it on ebay because they don't want spend the money to keep a used device in storage, but they would also want to push the new Storm at the store because there is more profit to be made there.

Also, it would hurt the exclusivity Verizon has with the Storm because people would buy them off of ebay and unlock them to use with other carriers.

One last thing, how would Verizon price them? They would have to have some sort of depreciation scale on the physical damage (ie scratches) and overall wear of the internal components due to usage.
    06-22-09 01:00 PM
    WOW... I dont even want to make a comment on this. I was laughing so hard I had to walk away from my desk...

How unrealistic.
    Last edited by heather.law; 06-22-09 at 01:14 PM.
    06-22-09 01:12 PM
    WOW... I dont even want to make a comment on this.
    Then why did you?
    06-22-09 01:15 PM
    Hypothetically, what is your plan for damage control if the Tour turned out to be a complete failure. Worse problems than what currently plague the Storm
    06-22-09 01:35 PM
    because I couldnt resist.
    06-22-09 02:13 PM
    Op is silly. Just plain silly.

06-22-09 02:50 PM
    Welcome to America, the land where everyone feels they are "entitled" to something. Get over it. If you don't like your phone, tough. You had 30 days to return your phone if you didn't like it. If you are not smart enough to determine whether you like or dislike the phone in 30 days, then you really should not be allowed to make any decisions without supervision.
    06-22-09 02:53 PM
    Storm is the first phone I've seen first hand and heard from several people that Verizon employees at multiple locations persuaded them NOT to buy the STORM because there were so many returns....
    06-22-09 02:54 PM
    I dont mean to be negative and I know i am new to this forum (as is the OP), but it seems there are many on this board (both old and new) who feel somewhat hurt or upset about their Storm and want to get the latest and greatest in retribution. This is the exact reason Verizon gives you 30 days to evaluate all their devices. This is also the reason they already allow you to upgrade after 12 months if you sign a new contract. As a consumer i think that is very fair, and i dont really see how others keep posting unrealistic schemes and ideas about what Verizon should do. Maybe its just me?
    Even with the 30 days to evaluate, VzW would tell the customers to "hold out just a little longer and the phone would be updated to make it run like it should have from the start".
    06-22-09 02:57 PM
    Yea, I can see it now a major US corporation selling used Storms on EBay. Makes perfect sense. Maybe they will hire you to head up the Verizon EBay Resale Department. You could have the 7 dwarfs working for you with Dopey as the second in command. Get real. And it's not Apple offering the upgrade pricing, it's AT&T, for people whose contracts are up in June, July or August. Want a Tour, then buck up and pay the price or wait for your upgrade, your choice.
    06-22-09 03:04 PM
    Even with the 30 days to evaluate, VzW would tell the customers to "hold out just a little longer and the phone would be updated to make it run like it should have from the start".
    If anyone would believe a rep who tells then just to hang on a little longer is just plain gullible, or better yet, a fool. During that 30 day period, the customer has all the power. Relinquishing that power to the company after 30 days without the problem being solved is foolish at best.
    06-22-09 03:05 PM
    it makes business sense to give deals on a phone to people who pay 100 dollars a month for bandwidth that costs a fraction of that
    06-22-09 03:08 PM
    I would like to see Verizon allow BBStorm Users to upgrade at a discount NE2 upgrade price EVEN though we may not be eligible. Just to continue their reputation of wonderful customer service/satisfaction. Doubtful that would happen, but it would be nice!
    Perhaps if UNICEF provided cellular phone/service you might get what you ask.
    06-22-09 03:13 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD