11-23-08 06:58 PM
65 123
tools
    like i said the launch could have been better. Either way there is nothing that can be done now. If your that displeased with verizon they your more then welcome to go elsewhere. Why people think there going to get better treatment or results in the same type of situation from other carriers makes me laugh. ATT had the same problems with the iphone came out as well as the RAZR
    Bongwater,

We are aware of our choices to go elsewhere. Trust me, if this phone was offered somewhere else, I think many would have already. But we want the phone, and if we're told we're gonna get it on a certain date, don't you think we have the right to be upset? I am a rational person. If you tell me the 15th at the beginning, then fine. But everytime I talk to a Verizon rep (at 611), first they don't see the order. Then they see it, but it hasn't been processed. Then when I tell them I have an order number (which I understand isn't a tracking number), THEN all of a sudden they see the order and it won't be here until 7 to 10 business days. Then, no, it won't be here until the 15th.

I mean, come the h*ll on. What the f*ck is it? Is the order there or not? Is it coming in a week or two or three? THAT'S why I am mad. I don't think I'm being unreasonable at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 05:26 PM
    bong_water:

It's not that the phone is out of stock. It's the fact that when I placed the order, it was still available to ship by 11/26. But Verizon made a mistake, and the order never went through. So by the time they realized the mistake, it was no longer available to ship by that time. So due to their mistake, it will now be 12/15 before they can get one to me.

In terms of going somewhere else, I told them I would GLADLY go to the AT&T for the iPhone and that they should waive my ETF. They wouldn't do that, and I'm not paying $175 per phone (4 phones). So that's not an option.

I'm not complaining that the phone is out of stock. I'm complaining that they made a mistake in putting my order through.

Your argument does not follow what I'm saying... at all..
    11-23-08 05:32 PM
    Bongwater,

We are aware of our choices to go elsewhere. Trust me, if this phone was offered somewhere else, I think many would have already. But we want the phone, and if we're told we're gonna get it on a certain date, don't you think we have the right to be upset? I am a rational person. If you tell me the 15th at the beginning, then fine. But everytime I talk to a Verizon rep (at 611), first they don't see the order. Then they see it, but it hasn't been processed. Then when I tell them I have an order number (which I understand isn't a tracking number), THEN all of a sudden they see the order and it won't be here until 7 to 10 business days. Then, no, it won't be here until the 15th.

I mean, come the h*ll on. What the f*ck is it? Is the order there or not? Is it coming in a week or two or three? THAT'S why I am mad. I don't think I'm being unreasonable at all.

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make. They told a lot of people you'll get them by this date some were 25 others were on 28. If I was told I'd get the phone on december the 15th I wouldn't be fine with it but at least it's a date that they can keep. The ones that apparently they can't keep are the 25th date or even the dec 5th date. That is what is wrong. And it wasn't our fault we didn't say 'you'd get the phone by this date' Verizon told us we'd get it by then to begin with. I would be perfectly fine if they told me the 15th instead of all this mess. Orders not appearing not being cleared or whatever the case may be. If a order is supposed to go through it's supposed to go through. That's what many of us are ticked at
    11-23-08 05:33 PM
    like i said verizon could have handled it better. Putting the entire blame on verizon isnt reasonable though. RIM didnt deliver the requested amount of phones. Even though maybe verizon should have waited until the requested stock was available. It was all last minute though thats why some got shipped and some didnt. The fact that people are not happy with even getting a free charger for something that is just a minor inconvenience is nuts.
    11-23-08 05:34 PM
    And I know mistakes happen. We are only human. But when this many mistakes happen on this large of a scale, well I can't help to put blame on somebody. Verizon is selling the Storm, so they get the blame. Would feel the same if it was TMo, AT&T, Sprint or whoever else.

11-23-08 05:38 PM
    After saying my piece I do understand human error and people make mistakes. I think it was both their faults and they should probably have delayed it till the 15th of december. There would have been moaning and groaning on that but at least it would have been a much better launch. Still think they would have had outsold them but at least most of us would get them by a certain date.
    11-23-08 05:45 PM
    Keep in mind that shipping during the holiday season is also going to jack things up. If they ship the phones on the 15th as promised you will still be lucky to see them just before x-mas. At that point in time you would be better off without the phone till after x-mas otherwise you will be too distracted with the phone to worry about the things in life that really matter.... Such as family!!!! The phones are breakable and replaceable. Family and the times to be spent with family are not.
    11-23-08 05:46 PM
    Ya know what makes me laugh is how quickly we forget about the first Iphone launch. Sold out for months, people paying 2000 bucks for one off of ebay. Everybody mad at the world. First off think about it for a while, Verizon had already spent millions and millions of dollars in advertising based on a specific launch date. I am sure they wanted to hold out but couldn't afford it. The advertising was so successful that people needed it then and by delaying it would have lowered demand and hurt the bottom line. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that part of the problem they had was that demand was so high it crashed the system. Calm down. Chill out. Or cry a little longer about one getting 300 bucks off a phone to wait 3 weeks, and 2 not being one of the 400,000 that recieved theirs already.
    11-23-08 05:48 PM
    like i said verizon could have handled it better. Putting the entire blame on verizon isnt reasonable though. RIM didnt deliver the requested amount of phones. Even though maybe verizon should have waited until the requested stock was available. It was all last minute though thats why some got shipped and some didnt. The fact that people are not happy with even getting a free charger for something that is just a minor inconvenience is nuts.

It depends on what ur blaming Verizon for! Rim did't make Verizon tell there customers" I guarentee u get it saturday, then u will get it the 24'th, well now i promise u get it the 25th or 26th..........I had a Supervisor tell me today that Verizon will have NO Storms at all till dec 5th! And that the "if u ordered it before 2pm friday it will ship the 25th, and if u ordered it after it will ship dec 5th" Is null and void at this point! He said anyone who didn't get it Yesturday(Sat) WON'T get it untill after the 5th. Which is weird cause several people have posted that they got tracking numbers today! We are frustrated because No One at Verizon can tell us anything consistant! THAT IS VERIZONS INCOMPATENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-23-08 05:50 PM
    So it was bad enough that I couldn't get the phone on release day. But I accepted the fact that I would have to wait until 11/26 - the date that the rep assured me I would have my phone. Well Verizon called my dad today and told me that our order never went through... No fault of ours, just something Verizon messed up on. There solution - "we can send you the phones by 12/15" .... Pardon my language, but that is BULL****. They're offering us an extra car charger for free as compensation.
    That's unacceptable. If you're going to screw up THAT badly you better offer something better than a charger. Either give us an upgrade price on one of the phones or SOMETHING. Right now they're "trying" to find 2 phones somewhere to get to us by the originally promised date of 11/26, but that's incredibly unlikely.

Please no one come here and tell me that it's not Verizon's fault. This is definitely their fault. We ordered the phones on Friday at 10:30am. We were PROMISED a 11/25 ship date, and 11/26 delivery. Now they're calling us 2 days later and saying we won't have the phones for almost another month because they messed up the order... And the best they can do is offer us a car charger..... I'm sorry that's unacceptable.

Reps. Is there nothing that can be done about this?
    I was also promised a ship date of 11/25 after reading your post I got a bit nervous and called VZW, guess what? They don't even show I have an order which was for Storm 2 charging pods 2 car chargers case and 3 pk screen protectors. I am not thrilled at all with VZW that's all I can say.

11-23-08 05:53 PM
    I was a new customer coming to Verizon for the storm but, after seeing how this was handled, I got a bold on AT&T. I figured I will just get an unlocked storm later after the bugs are worked out and use it on AT&T. Just think about how much new business Verizon lost on people like me?

The fact is Verizon bungled this on many levels and still is. Any company of character would have already issued a press release along the lines of "We apologize to our customers for the inconvenience and issues related to the release of the Storm." but they haven't. They still try to smile to everyone and say "everything went fine and we are really happy with the release."

The only thing everyone can do is remember how they feel when their contract comes up and take their business elsewhere.
    11-23-08 05:57 PM
    well, i have to say, my problem is solved. went to best buy and they had one left. called verizon and they changed the upgrade date on my phone so i could pick it up from best buy with no problem. just need to call telesales tomorrow and cancel my order
    11-23-08 06:05 PM
    I've had no problems with VZW customer service on the whole. But the BB button on my Storm isn't working anymore. 50 hours after i purchased it brand freakin new. So ... i call, they say they can't get me a new one til 12/15 or maybe 12/5 ... and that my order will take priority - who the **** knows?!?!
    11-23-08 06:12 PM
    Keep in mind that shipping during the holiday season is also going to jack things up. If they ship the phones on the 15th as promised you will still be lucky to see them just before x-mas. At that point in time you would be better off without the phone till after x-mas otherwise you will be too distracted with the phone to worry about the things in life that really matter.... Such as family!!!! The phones are breakable and replaceable. Family and the times to be spent with family are not.
    Well said. I now know where to go if I need some family advise. have a great day.
    11-23-08 06:49 PM
    Verizon Wireless is part of Verizon Communications, Inc. which is #17 among the Fortune 500. It's reasonable to say that they along with RIM, f###ed this up, dropped the ball, screwed the pooch, created this cluster, however you want to say it. To expect the management of the company to admit to a screw up like this is wishful thinking. To expect any type of compensation is also wishful thinking. In t his case, those are the things that they should do, but really they don't give a flying f###. They know that x percentage of us are going to get this phone anyway, so no big deal if a few people have their a##es chapped. The best place to hit these guys is in the wallet- i.e.leave them at some point for another carrier, don't buy anything else from them, etc. Maybe then they will "get it".
    11-23-08 06:58 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD