I also got dicked over by verizon on sotrm launch date but friday I called them and complained pretty much all of saturday. and I wake up this sunday with a tracking number weaiting in an email. I called CS to find out if it was real and they said they looked at it case by case and since we had been customers for over 10 years the order was rushed. The one thing Im confused about is that the order number is different than the original order placed so maybe I got it for free? which would be nice for the **** I went through
    11-23-08 04:48 PM
    From all the threads of problems with this phone.. are you sure you actually still want it?

I know a friend on Telus who is anticipating the phone. I've been sending him links for months about it and have been searching here for a good well written review (positive) for the phone to send him but I can't find one so I've only been able to send him the negatives. We've talked about it too and now he'll happily get the curve instead.
    -Rik
    11-23-08 04:52 PM
    ...and just for kicks and giggles, I decided to go back and read some of the original iphone reviews. There were a few flaws there too...this is going to end up being and awesome phone and i think worth whatever wait.
    11-23-08 04:53 PM
    These forums have turned into a "bash Verizon" and "bash Storm" forums. I have a feeling in about a month no one will even remember these woes that they're dealing with.
    11-23-08 04:54 PM
    What I don't understand why are people complaining here. They are doing their best to make everyone happy. I don't believe they are trying to make mistakes. Mistakes happen. Everything is going to be ok. You will live. It's just a phone

If you hate Verizon so much now switch carriers.
    Yeah, well as soon as you give me the money for early termination.

And if you are so happy with Verizon, then stay out of the d*mn complaining threads. I need another "Verizon is doing their best" like I need a whole in my head.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 04:56 PM
    well, i am also getting pretty frustrated. i know it is not the reps fault, most are pretty good, but it is getting ridiculous. I ordered through telesales on the 20th for sat delivery. Told would not be able to get it, it would be the 25th. on sat i was told dec 5, and today was told dec 15. this is getting crazy. At this point I think I should just cancel my order and forget about it. Any other suggestions?
    11-23-08 04:59 PM
    Yeah, same happened to me. Preordered with my rep on last Saturday. Spoke to her Thursday and confirmed she'd order first thing Friday morning. No order number, no tracking number, and absolutely no contact from the rep all day Friday. Then she calls me calls me Saturday morning explaining my order not ever going through and told me to look for it Dec. 5th. But since it was ordered Saturday, I'm beginning to believe it'll be more like Dec. 15th, which pisses me off to no end.

H*ll yeah its Verizon's fault. If you are a representative of Verizon, then that means you too.

Sounds like you were dealing w/ a sales rep that deals VZW equip... i don't know of any VZW corp reps that were taking pre-orders.

Unfortunately, there are alot (not all) of sales reps (not corp reps) that just don't know everything they should about VZW and their phones. When you deal with a non-corp store, they have their own rules/policies/pricing that they can offer... sometimes this works in your favor and sometimes it does not.
    11-23-08 04:59 PM
    First off dont blame Verizon for the quality of the phone. They didnt make, it RIM did! Yell at them about the quality. Second, you shouldnt be compensated more then your overnight shipping in the first place so be happy you have a charger. You still have a phone that works. For the people who complain that they are having problems with the phone but the store doesnt have one to replace your phone with.............ummmmm well no S@$%. This is the risk you take when you purchase something the first day of release that is high demand. Same if you bought a PS3 or 360 at launch and something goes wrong. Best buy or Circuit city isnt going to keep replacements in stock and your going to have to wait until they become available. This should teach you to slow your roll on things and you should complain to RIM about problems with the phone.
    actually this ****ed up launch is verizons fault it was there OS team that screwed with the OS and forgot some major security adaptations which recalled alot of phones and that is why were are here now where we are ... waiting tell december 15th for the phone
    11-23-08 05:02 PM
    YOU NEED TO STOP BLAMING VERIZON AND START REALIZING ITS RIM THAT MAKES THE PHONE AND NOT VERIZON. yes the launch could have been better. the phones problems are not verizons issue there RIMS. Yell at them about the problems with the phone not verizon. The fact that only 400,000 were released is probably because RIM isn't as large of a manufacturer as companies like motorola or lg. So 400,000 phones for a launch isnt that bad for them. they only released 250,000 curves at first.
    11-23-08 05:03 PM
    actually this ****ed up launch is verizons fault it was there OS team that screwed with the OS and forgot some major security adaptations which recalled alot of phones and that is why were are here now where we are ... waiting tell december 15th for the phone
    the security issues were in relation to the email application which is controlled by RIM not verizon. Verizon doesnt build the OS RIM does. They just customize it to Verizon's liking.
    11-23-08 05:04 PM
    Eventhough I have the Bold I still wish RIM had waited for a spring 09 launch on the Storm and on AT&T. Lots of things could have been prevented from happening. I just think they got into the touchscreen game too soon.
    11-23-08 05:08 PM
    Well I just got of the phone with Best Buy. The guy claimed that he can ship out the phone tomorrow and with overnight I'll have it by Tuesday. I asked the guy 500 times if he was sure and he kept saying yes. I'm still not sure if I believe him, but he gave me a order confirmation number and I can check for a tracking number tomorrow. So if it's up, and if it says it will be delivered by Tuesday, then great.... If not, I don't know what to say..
    11-23-08 05:09 PM
    Thing is, as I see it, Verizon could have delayed the launch, and probably wished now they did. It leaves a bad taste in people's mouths when it is advertised that a product will be available on a certain date but then it isn't due to not enough units being produced.

On the other hand, Nintendo wasn't able to keep up with demand for Wii's for at least a year, and it didn't hurt them. I guess only time will tell.
    11-23-08 05:09 PM
    YOU NEED TO STOP BLAMING VERIZON AND START REALIZING ITS RIM THAT MAKES THE PHONE AND NOT VERIZON. yes the launch could have been better. the phones problems are not verizons issue there RIMS. Yell at them about the problems with the phone not verizon. The fact that only 400,000 were released is probably because RIM isn't as large of a manufacturer as companies like motorola or lg. So 400,000 phones for a launch isnt that bad for them. they only released 250,000 curves at first.

I agree that the phone problem is rim's, but verizon took my order on the 20th for delivery on sat the 22nd, and they are the one's now telling me it will be dec 15th at the earliest. I blame that on verizon, especially when i see people who ordered on the 21st with there phones already.
    11-23-08 05:10 PM
    RIM didn't screw up my order. Verizon did. If Verizon put in my order when they were suppose to, I'd still be good for the 11/26 date.
    11-23-08 05:14 PM
    Sounds like you were dealing w/ a sales rep that deals VZW equip... i don't know of any VZW corp reps that were taking pre-orders.

Unfortunately, there are alot (not all) of sales reps (not corp reps) that just don't know everything they should about VZW and their phones. When you deal with a non-corp store, they have their own rules/policies/pricing that they can offer... sometimes this works in your favor and sometimes it does not.
    I spoke to a telesales rep. Over the phone. I didn't PAY early, just set everything up to go thru on Friday. I was under the strange impression that it would be better to do it over the phone than the hassle at the store. Right now in hindsight, corp. store, non-corp. store - both seem like the better choice. If I get that phone before the 15th, I'll be super-surprised.

I just wish Verizon would have forcasted better. This is crazy.

11-23-08 05:15 PM
    From all the threads of problems with this phone.. are you sure you actually still want it?

I know a friend on Telus who is anticipating the phone. I've been sending him links for months about it and have been searching here for a good well written review (positive) for the phone to send him but I can't find one so I've only been able to send him the negatives. We've talked about it too and now he'll happily get the curve instead.
    -Rik
    Yes I do, I believe in the people at RIM to fix the bugs. And I need a new phone anyway because my 8830's charger port is busted
    11-23-08 05:18 PM
    like i said the launch could have been better. Either way there is nothing that can be done now. If your that displeased with verizon they your more then welcome to go elsewhere. Why people think there going to get better treatment or results in the same type of situation from other carriers makes me laugh. ATT had the same problems with the iphone came out as well as the RAZR
    11-23-08 05:18 PM
    Yeah, well as soon as you give me the money for early termination.

And if you are so happy with Verizon, then stay out of the d*mn complaining threads. I need another "Verizon is doing their best" like I need a whole in my head.

Now you want my $?

All I was doing was trying to shed some positive light on the situation. I can understand your frustration. Bad things happen to people from time to time.

It's how your choose to respond the situation that makes you the person you are today. You choose to be mad at everyone..
    11-23-08 05:20 PM
    So it was bad enough that I couldn't get the phone on release day. But I accepted the fact that I would have to wait until 11/26 - the date that the rep assured me I would have my phone. Well Verizon called my dad today and told me that our order never went through... No fault of ours, just something Verizon messed up on. There solution - "we can send you the phones by 12/15" .... Pardon my language, but that is BULL****. They're offering us an extra car charger for free as compensation.
    That's unacceptable. If you're going to screw up THAT badly you better offer something better than a charger. Either give us an upgrade price on one of the phones or SOMETHING. Right now they're "trying" to find 2 phones somewhere to get to us by the originally promised date of 11/26, but that's incredibly unlikely.

Please no one come here and tell me that it's not Verizon's fault. This is definitely their fault. We ordered the phones on Friday at 10:30am. We were PROMISED a 11/25 ship date, and 11/26 delivery. Now they're calling us 2 days later and saying we won't have the phones for almost another month because they messed up the order... And the best they can do is offer us a car charger..... I'm sorry that's unacceptable.

Reps. Is there nothing that can be done about this?
    Just curious, but did you tell CS that the car charger was not enough of a compensation? Did you tell them what you would like to have happen to make you a happy customer? They made a gesture to make you happy (or less upset), but if it's not enough then you have to tell them... and politely often works better for me.
    11-23-08 05:20 PM
    That's what I and a lot of people are complaining about. Sure the OS problem is RIM's fault but Verizon should have held the phone back sure it would have met a ugh here we go again feeling but they would have had more in-stock. Since verizon didn't do that then it is their fault that a launch product is having to be delayed basically till the 15th. Especially when most of the telesales and CS told plenty of people that they'd get it before then. The whole get it before 25th and 3pm est was a joke. That's what most people are complaining about. If they told me that I'd get the phone the 15th sure I'd be pissed but at least it was more of a sure date.

When they say it will be delivered after the 25th that's what gets me riled up and before the 15th
    11-23-08 05:22 PM
    Just curious, but did you tell CS that the car charger was not enough of a compensation? Did you tell them what you would like to have happen to make you a happy customer? They made a gesture to make you happy (or less upset), but if it's not enough then you have to tell them... and politely often works better for me.
    Yea..ended up getting the 2 year discount price rather than full retail..
    11-23-08 05:22 PM
    no one forced anyone to buy this phone. you still have the option to buy a different one. if you say you dont want a different one then deal with having to wait. period.... complaining about it wont get it to you any faster. Verizon didnt take your money because you have the option to get refunded.
    11-23-08 05:23 PM
    So if i want a phone thats out of stock your saying i should be compensated? You shouldn't even be getting a charger. You thinking you deserve free things is bull****... So if i have to wait in line at the grocery store, they should owe me something for free for me having to wait? Thats whats wrong with america. everyone thinks they should be owed something.
    11-23-08 05:26 PM
    no one forced anyone to buy this phone. you still have the option to buy a different one. if you say you dont want a different one then deal with having to wait. period.... complaining about it wont get it to you any faster. Verizon didnt take your money because you have the option to get refunded.
    You're right. Why should I complain when a corporation as large as Verizon can't handle putting an order through... especially when that mistake makes it take almost a month longer for me to get the device. No reason to complain there at all..
    11-23-08 05:26 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD