So it was bad enough that I couldn't get the phone on release day. But I accepted the fact that I would have to wait until 11/26 - the date that the rep assured me I would have my phone. Well Verizon called my dad today and told me that our order never went through... No fault of ours, just something Verizon messed up on. There solution - "we can send you the phones by 12/15" .... Pardon my language, but that is BULL****. They're offering us an extra car charger for free as compensation.
    That's unacceptable. If you're going to screw up THAT badly you better offer something better than a charger. Either give us an upgrade price on one of the phones or SOMETHING. Right now they're "trying" to find 2 phones somewhere to get to us by the originally promised date of 11/26, but that's incredibly unlikely.

Please no one come here and tell me that it's not Verizon's fault. This is definitely their fault. We ordered the phones on Friday at 10:30am. We were PROMISED a 11/25 ship date, and 11/26 delivery. Now they're calling us 2 days later and saying we won't have the phones for almost another month because they messed up the order... And the best they can do is offer us a car charger..... I'm sorry that's unacceptable.

Reps. Is there nothing that can be done about this?
    11-23-08 03:22 PM
    You have every right to be irate. They should be ashamed of themselves. I stood in line on Friday simply because I had an inkling that phone and internet orders were going to be F'd up. Sorry, dude, that really sucks.
    11-23-08 03:26 PM
    That sounds exactly like my story. They haven't called me back yet but I hope that mine went through. It really sucks that they didn't finish the order up and totally messed up like that. It makes me worried that the same will happen to me. I better call today to find out
    11-23-08 03:30 PM
    It just p***es me off that they're not even offering some sort of compensation to make the pain a little less. A free car charger? What am I going to do with that? We ordered one phone at full retail, and one at the 2 year upgrade price. AT THE VERY LEAST, give us the first phone at the upgrade price as well. DO SOMETHING to make up for the mistake.
    11-23-08 03:31 PM
    same **** different day , the lower half of my screen went out dosent click anymore .. i called verizon wireless they told me sorry but they wont beable to get me one until 12/15 ish and that new customers would take priority, and thats bull **** ! i waited out side for 8 hour and was the first one. And now i have no phone for pratically another month ..
    11-23-08 03:37 PM
    RobUM2011, I agree with you. This IS VzW's fault. If the company really prepared for the onslaught of orders, I believe that things would have gone smoother.

A CAR CHARGER? LOL..... They should have recompensed y'all more better..... Maybe, kindly touch base with a telesales supervisor/manager and voice your disappointment and forcefully request a greater compensation package.

You have my sympathies, dude....
    11-23-08 03:39 PM
    Like jamesbecker1 said, they messed up no doubt about it, truth is, there's alot of folk in your shoes, PLUS they could've sold alot more between now and the 15th.
    My contacts at vzw have all told me, noone had a clue how big this would hit, they thought 400,000 new BlackBerries between the end of November and the end of the year was aggressive with the economy and all, AND BB's are not the vzw specialty, or really a hip IPhone, that's just the reality of it all...
    A corp store should still be able to tell you if any are available near you, and Best Buy still has some and will price match....sux for sure..
    11-23-08 03:41 PM
    can bestbuy do an exchange ?
    11-23-08 03:45 PM
    If they have stock, I'd assume so.
    11-23-08 03:48 PM
    Wow I cannot believe what is going on. Even if BB isn't much like the iphone this bb is. They should have known better. Same vzw just a shame. I'm actually scared to call mine cause of this because I'm sure they'll give me the same story as most of us that we won't get it till the 15th
    11-23-08 03:54 PM
    Make sure that you are dealing with a VZW corp employee/rep & not a sales rep @ the ever popular stores with a VZW logo. Just b/c it has a VZW logo does NOT mean that it is a VZW store. I've unfortunately learned this lesson the hard way. When in doubt, call customer service (*611).

I was able to get my Storm on Friday after being @ my local corp. store for 4 hours. The only reason it took that long was b/c the computer systems/server went offline and they couldn't process orders.

Called CS (*611) the next day to verify some changes I had made to my acct and they were not in the system. I'm assuming b/c of the computer problems.

The rep told me that even though the online stores, etc were saying 11/26, etc as delivery dates, it just wasn't gonna happen. He said VZW won't be able to ship til 12/15. VZW was completely unprepared for the demand.
    11-23-08 04:01 PM
    So it was bad enough that I couldn't get the phone on release day. But I accepted the fact that I would have to wait until 11/26 - the date that the rep assured me I would have my phone. Well Verizon called my dad today and told me that our order never went through... No fault of ours, just something Verizon messed up on. There solution - "we can send you the phones by 12/15" .... Pardon my language, but that is BULL****. They're offering us an extra car charger for free as compensation.
    That's unacceptable. If you're going to screw up THAT badly you better offer something better than a charger. Either give us an upgrade price on one of the phones or SOMETHING. Right now they're "trying" to find 2 phones somewhere to get to us by the originally promised date of 11/26, but that's incredibly unlikely.

Please no one come here and tell me that it's not Verizon's fault. This is definitely their fault. We ordered the phones on Friday at 10:30am. We were PROMISED a 11/25 ship date, and 11/26 delivery. Now they're calling us 2 days later and saying we won't have the phones for almost another month because they messed up the order... And the best they can do is offer us a car charger..... I'm sorry that's unacceptable.

They note your acct with the screw up. Go to a Corp store and speak to the MGR they have more leway than some dumb*** in telesales or CS the store can probably get you more for your trouble.

***All you telesales and cs reps don't get mad at me most of you are good***
    11-23-08 04:05 PM
    As far as I know, you can only exchange at BB if you purchased from BB. I had to do an exchange today and they did have a new order come in last night. Had no problems. So, if you purchased there then head in and pick up a new phone.
    11-23-08 04:10 PM
    Did the sun come up the next day?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 04:21 PM
    Yeah, same happened to me. Preordered with my rep on last Saturday. Spoke to her Thursday and confirmed she'd order first thing Friday morning. No order number, no tracking number, and absolutely no contact from the rep all day Friday. Then she calls me calls me Saturday morning explaining my order not ever going through and told me to look for it Dec. 5th. But since it was ordered Saturday, I'm beginning to believe it'll be more like Dec. 15th, which pisses me off to no end.

H*ll yeah its Verizon's fault. If you are a representative of Verizon, then that means you too.

11-23-08 04:21 PM
    So all of us that ordered it via telesales and cs should just expect it to come through on the 15 then huh? That plainly sucks.
    11-23-08 04:34 PM
    I honestly feel like maybe you shouldve been given more discounts on one of the phones and maybe a car charger or something along those lines but honestly, mistakes happen and its just a phone! I agree with the guy who asked....Did the sun rise the next day?

11-23-08 04:36 PM
    fyi for anyone in the south florida area i just came from best buy and i noticed u also have a um avatar but anyways bestbuy has 10 storms on biscayne n 200 n something
    11-23-08 04:37 PM
    First off dont blame Verizon for the quality of the phone. They didnt make, it RIM did! Yell at them about the quality. Second, you shouldnt be compensated more then your overnight shipping in the first place so be happy you have a charger. You still have a phone that works. For the people who complain that they are having problems with the phone but the store doesnt have one to replace your phone with.............ummmmm well no S@$%. This is the risk you take when you purchase something the first day of release that is high demand. Same if you bought a PS3 or 360 at launch and something goes wrong. Best buy or Circuit city isnt going to keep replacements in stock and your going to have to wait until they become available. This should teach you to slow your roll on things and you should complain to RIM about problems with the phone.
    11-23-08 04:39 PM
    What I don't understand why are people complaining here. They are doing their best to make everyone happy. I don't believe they are trying to make mistakes. Mistakes happen. Everything is going to be ok. You will live. It's just a phone

If you hate Verizon so much now switch carriers.
    11-23-08 04:41 PM
    When I get to my call center tomorrow, I will tell them how pissed off RobUM211 is. Certainly beyond mine, and any other VZW Rep's control that are on the CB forums.
    11-23-08 04:42 PM

MEHHH...go take a big bong hit and drive yourself over to ATT and buy yourself a Iphone. Storm is junk!
    11-23-08 04:43 PM
    good idea. go get yourself an iphone and then complain in there forum.
    11-23-08 04:44 PM
    From what I've been readin pretty much all over the place, this may be a mixed blessing. Maybe your first storm will have the OS upgrade it should have had in the first place had there not been that security flaw. I bet if they would have waited to release in the first place till those issues were resolved there would be a heck of a lot more positve posts. That said I am most definately not trying to downplay your frustration. If I'd have been in a place to get it the first day I'd have been on it too, waited in line all night if I'd have had to. Sorry man!
    11-23-08 04:46 PM
    What I don't understand why are people complaining here. They are doing their best to make everyone happy. I don't believe they are trying to make mistakes. Mistakes happen. Everything is going to be ok. You will live. It's just a phone

If you hate Verizon so much now switch carriers.
    They are trying to do right, there's a whole chain of vzw folk right now kickin themselves worse than they're getting it here, for only having an initial run of 400,000. Easily could have doubled it....
    11-23-08 04:46 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD