02-18-09 06:25 PM
39 12
tools
    I have noticed a difference in that at the Authorized verizon dealer witch is closer to me they are are about as bright as 5 watt bulbs on dimmer switches turned way low, but at the actual verizon store which is 20 min further I always get a quick and intelligent remedy to my issue
    02-17-09 05:18 PM
    So I decided to call tech and explained my situation to the tech on the phone. She quickly said well sounds like a hardware issue. Actually her exact words were, "I am sorry to hear that sir. I apolgize for this and if you hold on for a few minutes I will be right back with you. Ok sir sorry for the wait. I will be sending you a re placement and it should be there in one to three days. Now will this be shipped to the billing address?"

Wow all said and done in less than ten minutes. Should have listened to you guys from the start. Hope this one is better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Did she say if she was sending you a new or used one? When I called today, all they could offer me over the phone was a "certified like new device." I hate refurbished cell phones; I've had problems before and also heard of other people having issues with receiving the previous owner's texts/calls/etc.

With phones (especially one as expensive as this), I like it to be brand new. The lady over the phone said I can get a new one if I go to my local store, but that she can't do it over the phone. Just wondering if you had the same situation...
    02-17-09 06:23 PM
    She said a re furb. I don't mind as long as it works. But she didn't say anything about a new one but I didn't ask either. Was just happy to be getting it replaced. And if the next one is crappy I guess I will do it all over again. I love this phone and refuse to give up on it. Lol.

02-17-09 06:29 PM
    All I can say is WOW! I dont know who I am more surprised with- you or the rep that didnt know what she was doing. Soft/Hard reset then a Wipe and reinstall the OS. Was she like the only one in the store that could help you?

That just seems like a lot of wasted time. How long did you stay in the store?
    02-17-09 06:30 PM
    Well good work on getting the new one! You'll have to keep us updated with how it works for you.

I just ordered a PhantomSkinz clear shield for my Storm - hopefully it'll be in by the end of the week. Since I'm getting a new Storm, I'm going to hold out on picking up the new phone until the skin gets in. That way, I can apply it right away (that is, assuming it works for me correctly) .
    02-17-09 06:32 PM
    Oh it was. Two hours. She was young and new. I go there a lot and the store is always helpful. This was my only bad experience here so I let it slide. But yeah I was pissed.

02-17-09 06:33 PM
    I've had a more varied experience with the Verizon Blackberry guys,... the latest one calling me "bro" every other sentence. At one point, he even said,"Bro, you gotta stop reading those forums."
    Wow.. weird. I refer first time Blackberry users here. I don't call anyone "bro" though.
    02-17-09 07:38 PM
    All I can say is WOW! I dont know who I am more surprised with- you or the rep that didnt know what she was doing. Soft/Hard reset then a Wipe and reinstall the OS. Was she like the only one in the store that could help you?

Wow you should be shot for that color of text.

No, seriously.

02-17-09 07:50 PM

Wow you should be shot for that color of text.

No, seriously.

02-17-09 07:51 PM
    Great story. Battery pulls are the answer for every Verizon tech no matter what the issue is. Funny stuff.

My 8703E trackwheel broke.... Their answer... Did you try to a battery pull?

My Storms usb slot got misaligned.... Their answer... Did you try a battery pull?

hahha....love it.
    02-17-09 08:01 PM
    Lol I hear ya. That battery pull is pretty impressive. We should tell Obama to include it in the stimulus package.

"Mr. President..... How should we fix the economic crisis we are in?"

Presidents reply, "Did you try a battery pull?"

Lol.

02-17-09 09:29 PM
    I don't know how you kept your cool. That would of drove me into a frenzy. I can't deal with the ignorant. I just don't have the patients. So....what happened??
    Your statement is kind of ironic. You said you can't deal with ignorance then you spelled patience wrong .
    02-18-09 04:14 PM
    Lol I hear ya. That battery pull is pretty impressive. We should tell Obama to include it in the stimulus package.

"Mr. President..... How should we fix the economic crisis we are in?"

Presidents reply, "Did you try a battery pull?"

Lol.

LOL I got a great chuckle from that. Thats funny.
    Hmmm........ Interesting point. Lol.

39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD