so i am a verizon tech at a corporate store and i had a customer come in with a question that stumped me. He wanted to know how to set up a default email so when he composes a message from his message icon it always goes to that email. The problem seems easy but i was unable to locate a setting to make that work, other then the default services in advanced options. but that still didnt work. any suggestions???
    12-22-08 03:51 PM
    in messages, hit the menu botton, then select options. Select both Email settings and email recon, and select said desired email to be the default.
    12-22-08 03:54 PM
    go into messages or an email box, options > email settings > message services > select email address
    12-22-08 03:54 PM
    messages folder>menu>options>email settings>message services. Set that one to the default. Now know that if replying to an email it will default to the one the original email was sent to. Not the default. So in that situation you will have to manually select if different.
    12-22-08 03:56 PM
    Options/Advanced/Default Services. Pick whatever presetup account you configured on the BB as the one you want as default.

From that point on, any time you pick Compose, Default will be selected and represented by whatever email account this setting is set to.

BTW, this thread is funny...
    12-22-08 03:57 PM
    oh hai guise...we all failed
    12-22-08 04:00 PM
    Only way the Default Services setting wouldn't have worked is if he's on a locked down BES policy.... which is most likely since the client is so used to utilizing the Messages icon.
    12-22-08 04:04 PM
    oh hai guise...we all failed
    Doh! hahaha. Civ to the rescue
    12-22-08 04:07 PM
    k... i tried those suggestions, but i tried it on my own storm and i get the same thing. messages> compose> email> and at the top it only says default and i have to manually select between my two emails. This may be what you are all trying to tell me, but just so i understand correctly the customer wants to compose new email out of general messaging folder and have one email address always show up as defualt.
    12-22-08 04:09 PM
    k... i tried those suggestions, but i tried it on my own storm and i get the same thing. messages> compose> email> and at the top it only says default and i have to manually select between my two emails. This may be what you are all trying to tell me, but just so i understand correctly the customer wants to compose new email out of general messaging folder and have one email address always show up as defualt.
    Umm, yeah. Leave it as Default and it'll use whatever account you set as Default.

That's how Compose works. You can leave it on Default or you can pick another account. Compose has no way of knowing what account you may want to use for the email you're creating. All it can do is use the Default one by default and GIVE YOU the option to change it from the dropdown to another account if needed. Get it?

Until you see Skynet written on the back of the phone, you'll have to make the decisions for it.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 12-22-08 at 04:14 PM.
    12-22-08 04:12 PM
    no.. lol.. it is not working. i select the email i want to use. send it. then try to go write new email and it goes right back to just saying the word default. and then from that point i again have to select between the two....
    12-22-08 04:20 PM
    k.. that makes sense. i guess i misunderstood.
    12-22-08 04:22 PM
    no.. lol.. it is not working. i select the email i want to use. send it. then try to go write new email and it goes right back to just saying the word default. and then from that point i again have to select between the two....
    You still don't get it. Compose a new email. Leave it at Default and just send the email out. Whatever account you have set as Default in the Options place I posted in my first post I did above, will be the email account the email gets sent from.

I don't think I can make this any clearer.
    12-22-08 04:23 PM
    k.. that makes sense. i guess i misunderstood.
    I think the light just came on.
    12-22-08 04:24 PM
    well thanks for the help and being patient
    12-22-08 04:36 PM
    No problemo... In truth, you need to ask your customers if they have their BBs associated with a BES company server before you even waste your time with helping them. Most of the time, a lot of the default functionality of the device is locked down because of the restricted policies that the company admins push to the device. Of couse, the IT guys fail to mention this to the BB user in question when activating their device.
    12-22-08 04:39 PM
    ya.. lol.. this is a true statement. i love it
    12-22-08 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD