BlackBerry® Software Updates

Step-by-step instructions for Performing a web-based BlackBerry Device Software upgrade can be found here.

For more information regarding Web-based upgrades and System Requirements refer to BlackBerry article KB16071.

*Note: Devices that are associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server or with BlackBerry Professional Software cannot perform web-based upgrades.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Select to download Device Software used with Desktop Manager or VZAccess Manager.

BlackBerry Device Software v5.0 (updated 10/26/2009)

Please enter your 10-digit Verizon Wireless number:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Target Device: BlackBerry Storm 9530 Wireless Handheld(™)
    Patch Name: MR3
    File Size: 126.1 MB

Please click here for more information.

Next Steps after successful download:
    1) Click on Save.
    2) Close the BlackBerry Handheld Device software.
    3) Double click on downloaded executable file.
    4) Click RUN on dialogue box.
    5) Choose Setup Language from the dialog box
    6) Install Shield will install all required modules on PC/laptop.
    7) Allow the BlackBerry Handheld Device software to restart at the end of the installation.
    8) Connect device via USB data cable to PC/laptop and device upgrade process will start.

*Note: Approximate Device Software Update Time is 25 - 30 minutes (including device reset at the end of the process).

If you do not have the latest version of Desktop Manager installed on your PC, please click here.

Feature List Close

10-26-09 12:03 AM
    ummmm thanks ???
    10-26-09 12:05 AM
    Did I accidentally wander into the 9530/9500 forum? :S
    10-26-09 12:10 AM
    Phone works insane now ... Happy till my droid

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 12:10 AM
    sweet, doing it now
    10-26-09 12:12 AM
    ummmm thanks ???
    Just thought I would let whom ever know that there was an update. Most people checking this S2 section are currently using the S1 and I wanted to give the heads up...didnt mean to mess with your night.
    10-26-09 12:14 AM
    Just thought I would let whom ever know that there was an update. Most people checking this S2 section are currently using the S1 and I wanted to give the heads up...didnt mean to mess with your night.
    its all good , and a valid point ... i just wasnt sure what the purpose was but its all good
    10-26-09 12:14 AM
    Works for me. Was thinking about moving it, but we'll leave it be.
    10-26-09 12:19 AM
    its all good , and a valid point ... i just wasnt sure what the purpose was but its all good
    Its helped one already..
    10-26-09 12:20 AM
    yep, I dont leave the S2 section cause Im returning my S1 on the 28th and dont want to get too personal/attached to it(very hard)but i would like to know how 5.0 feels so thank you.
    10-26-09 12:21 AM
    yep, I dont leave the S2 section cause Im returning my S1 on the 28th and dont want to get too personal/attached to it(very hard)but i would like to know how 5.0 feels so thank you.
    I upgraded mine for the guy I'm selling it too.
    10-26-09 12:23 AM
    im sorry....did i read "download .exe file"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 12:25 AM
    man, that was an ordeal...appworld wouldnt load and BBM was missing. I had to do a couple battery pulls and archive reloads to get it all straight. A couple little visual appealing accents but not enough to keep me from the 9550 and now Ive got the landscape dim bug.
    Last edited by Afterfire; 10-26-09 at 02:57 AM.
    10-26-09 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD