I currently have AT&T and am going to switch to Verizon when the Storm is released. My parents are on Verizon already, and my question is: can they just add a line to their plan, so the only extra cost on the plan would be the BlackBerry data, texts, etc for my phone? I thought this would be the case but the article posted on engadget, it says each subscriber's plan will be at least $80/ month. I am so ready to go back to a device that just works (unlike my current phone: the iPhone)
    10-31-08 05:50 PM
    Yes that should be no problem and i believe since they are adding a new line you would get the storm at the contract price. So tell them to do it.
    10-31-08 05:54 PM
    thank god! i saw that article and it made me really nervous. thank you for your quick reply.
    10-31-08 05:56 PM
    The article is probably right but thats for single people contracts. When you have a family plan you should be able to just add data plan and you share minutes. Just to be completly safe call up verizon before your purchase
    10-31-08 05:57 PM
    There is also a 9.99 per month charge for the extra line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 07:52 PM
    There is also a 9.99 per month charge for the extra line.
    Some people talked aout this in another thread I had.... My issue is I have an unlimted plan. I was told I could not share that plan and would have to purchase a whole new package with the added phone. Anyone know if this is not true?
    10-31-08 09:34 PM
    Some people talked aout this in another thread I had.... My issue is I have an unlimted plan. I was told I could not share that plan and would have to purchase a whole new package with the added phone. Anyone know if this is not true?
    Yup...u would need new plan can't share unlimited plan

10-31-08 09:47 PM
    The only extra costs would be the 9.99 ur bb plan and any text plan etc.

10-31-08 09:49 PM
    You can add the line 9.99 per month and share the mins. You would pay extra for your txt msg feature and you would pay 29.99 extra for unlim data plan on on your line only. VZW does offer a select plan and a premium paln that gives everyone on the account unlim txting to anyone on any network. But the data plan would olny work for one line only. 29.99 per line on the account if you want/need it on more than one line.

10-31-08 11:07 PM
    So really it would be cheaper to just pay full retail for the phone? Say phone is $299 with 2 year plus $35 start up plus $10 to add phone plus $30 for txt plus $40 for 2nd BB plan. $414 total plus the hassel to sign up then the hassel to cancel and any other hidden fees or $175 to cancel if I miss the 30 day cancelation.

So much for the "Just add another line" route
    10-31-08 11:16 PM
    I'm already on a family plan with my wife. When I called and I Inquired about it I was told I'd just need to add the $30.00 data plan & pay for the cost of the phone less my NE2 discount.
    11-01-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD