Basically, I got the shaft. A few weeks ago I got my first blackberry storm, excited about the phone I used it relentlessly (phone #1).. pulling it in and out of my pocket so many times just did it in, and after collecting copious amounts of dust under the screen I got a replacement. (phone #2)

During the time frame (early January) Verizon finalized the deal with Alltel. My new phone was activated on January 25th and things went downhill from here.

The new phone works just fine, however it no longer uses the cellular south towers that are right near my house. It strains its signal to reach the newly purchased Alltel towers. My calls are dropped, my voice service sucks and I can't do a damn thing about it (unless there is a known way to regress your PRL on a storm).

My old phone, that was updated under the old PRL, still uses the Cellular South towers and receives 100% signal strength almost all the time.

Point of this thread: Verizon has been the best company I have ever dealt with, but this is a huge set back. They need to either allow us to modify the PRL, offer out a new PRL, or figure out whats going on with their towers out in Mississippi. We need more roaming options as a part of our phone, maybe selecting the towers we want to use? Why doesn't the blackberry storm utilize the better signal?

Phone #1: (old)

Coverage: Cellular South, free roaming if on Verizon's network.
    Service Quality: 100% amazing, no dropped calls.
    3g: No.
    Data services: Yes
    PRL: 51143
    Activated: December 25th

Phone #2: (new)
    Coverage: Alltel
    Service Quality: Poor, tons dropped calls.
    3g: Yes, 100%
    Data Services: Yes
    PRL: 51242
    Activated: January 25th

Hopefully others havent got this shaft.. if anyone finds a way to crack into the bb to fix the PRL, let me know.
    01-28-09 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD