View Poll Results: VERIZON Storm owners: Which OS are you using?

Voters
643. You may not vote on this poll
  • OS .75

101 15.71%
  • Other carrier's official OS

63 9.80%
  • Leaked/Hybrid OS

479 74.49%
    I actually just created my own hybrid. All the pieces of everything I wanted, in one package. Gotta love "Build a Hybrid"
    05-17-09 11:35 PM
    I actually just created my own hybrid. All the pieces of everything I wanted, in one package. Gotta love "Build a Hybrid"
    Thats pretty cool man! Hows it workin for ya???
    05-17-09 11:38 PM
    I just built a hybrid myself after a solid run with .75. It's 5.0.0.93/.132 hybrid with the .109 radio. I love the battery life I'm getting with it, I'm glad I tried it out.
    05-18-09 01:14 AM
    funny thing, I have been having screen problems (click) and I was on the phone with the verizon rep, he told me he is rockin 141 and liking it. he also admitted he lurks around here as well.

I did talk to my corporate data support rep about upgrades. of course he was very vague but understood the frustrations. I have to admit he did make one good point. he said that verizon is wanting to release an upgrade that solves all known issues and instead of releasing many upgrades just for the sake of releasing an upgrade. that actually makes sense.

it got me to thinking, why do so many people whine for an official upgrade when we get these leaks? as long as the leaks keep coming why worry about an official.

just food for thought.

rockin 141 as of now. i tend to upgrade and never down grade.
    05-18-09 10:15 AM
    .141 and loving every minute of it
    05-18-09 10:27 AM
    I did talk to my corporate data support rep about upgrades. of course he was very vague but understood the frustrations. I have to admit he did make one good point. he said that verizon is wanting to release an upgrade that solves all known issues and instead of releasing many upgrades just for the sake of releasing an upgrade. that actually makes sense.
    Makes perfect sense to me as well. Thats why I stay away from the OS complaints. The one that's finally released (whenever the heck we get it) should be pretty daggon solid enough for everyone's liking!
    05-18-09 10:27 AM
    I'm running .113 since that cleared up any issues I had with .75. .113 isn't perfect...but it works for me until the next official OS comes along.
    05-18-09 11:13 AM
    .141 here, best one so far IMO
    05-18-09 11:31 AM
    I downgraded back to .75 (from .109 - the most stable for me) so I could get a warranty replacement with no hassles (dust under the screen). It is not as bad as I remembered it. While the OS upgrade will continue to take forever to happen, I'm very excited.

Oh, and I'm a longtime reader but first time poster. Hi!
    05-18-09 11:57 AM
    I downgraded back to .75 (from .109 - the most stable for me) so I could get a warranty replacement with no hassles (dust under the screen). It is not as bad as I remembered it. While the OS upgrade will continue to take forever to happen, I'm very excited.

Oh, and I'm a longtime reader but first time poster. Hi!
    haha. Good stuff. Glad my thread could serve as the site of ur first official entry!
    05-18-09 12:05 PM
    .122 has been the best one for me. As with all the OS's so far it has a bit of memory leak, but it's done me right!!
    05-18-09 12:46 PM
    .122 has been the best one for me. As with all the OS's so far it has a bit of memory leak, but it's done me right!!
    Yea, it seems that none of them are immune to the horrible memory drain. Sucks...
    05-18-09 01:18 PM
    4.7.0.109(153)
    05-18-09 03:31 PM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-18-09 08:05 PM
    Well I loaded up .65 today then had to load .75 on top due to some apps not working at all and the big shocker to me was that out of all the betas I used and thought (as you all do) that each beta was getting better, faster, and more reliable than the last---- it was all BS they are actually worse = color banding, rebooting, dropped calls, internet with some apps stopped working over time, etc.... Like I stated on my last post "every time I load an OS it work's good for 3-4 days then kaput!"

Maybe what we just need is a memory cleaner for .75 and all will be well!
    I know I am not at my 3-4 days yet but today like every other OS (with the exception to .90, supper fast but way too many reboots after the 3 days on) my network is pretty fast, I HAVE MY CALL LOG BACK (huge thing to me) with the left button, no color banding, and will see how everything else goes in 3+ days. The only thing I miss is the full keyboard in portrait.

So the only thing I can find different than all of the beta OS's I used (I did use all of them) is I wasted a lot of time (a really lot) as of day 1 with .75 back on!!!

So now I am off to find a great memory cleaner (I think there is one in the app store, $10 but if it does work that is cheaper than the time wasted with these betas) then again I sure did learn a lot -- how to wipe, recover from bricking, etc...
    I hate to burst any ones bubble but on my 3rd day and going to the 4th day with the least amount of problems I have ever had (PERIOD).
    I wiped the phone, loaded .65 (no verizon extra, like nav) then let the software update the computer to 4.7 (blackberry), then let the software (blackberry) take me to .75!!!!!!
    I can not remember .75 being this quick (slightly, I mean slightly) slower than any beta (with the exception of .90, that flew and so did the reboots with it)

To top of all that the phone has not rebooted once yet on its own and I purchased a bunch of games (one big one), ran every one, played slacker, weather bug running, etc...

I don't understand, I do remember .75 being very slow way back when but this new load of .75 BLOWS EVERY BETA OUT OF THE WATER BY MILES!!!!!!! (To this day, 3rd day on going on 4th)(I tried them all, every one gave me some sort of problem)
    Last edited by dfran1; 05-18-09 at 08:31 PM.
    05-18-09 08:28 PM
    I was running v.141 but didnt like it at all, so I converted back to v.132
    05-18-09 08:41 PM
    I hate to burst any ones bubble but on my 3rd day and going to the 4th day with the least amount of problems I have ever had (PERIOD).
    I wiped the phone, loaded .65 (no verizon extra, like nav) then let the software update the computer to 4.7 (blackberry), then let the software (blackberry) take me to .75!!!!!!
    I can not remember .75 being this quick (slightly, I mean slightly) slower than any beta (with the exception of .90, that flew and so did the reboots with it)

To top of all that the phone has not rebooted once yet on its own and I purchased a bunch of games (one big one), ran every one, played slacker, weather bug running, etc...

I don't understand, I do remember .75 being very slow way back when but this new load of .75 BLOWS EVERY BETA OUT OF THE WATER BY MILES!!!!!!! (To this day, 3rd day on going on 4th)(I tried them all, every one gave me some sort of problem)
    For some reason ppl just dont seem to believe that from me. lol. Maybe ur saying it will add a lil more validity to it. OS .75 is VERY snappy on my phone too!
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 05-18-09 at 11:16 PM.
    05-18-09 09:22 PM
    .132 and no problems yet.

05-19-09 12:35 AM
    Folks,

This thread has gotten TOTALLY out of hand, time to shut it down. I will clean it up when I get a chance so that the useful info will remain.
    05-19-09 10:13 AM
144 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD