View Poll Results: VERIZON Storm owners: Which OS are you using?

Voters
643. You may not vote on this poll
  • OS .75

101 15.71%
  • Other carrier's official OS

63 9.80%
  • Leaked/Hybrid OS

479 74.49%
    Got in to the leaked os addiction at .109 and have updated every leak since. Each one gets better and better with the bugs becoming less and less each time. At this point, it really does not make a difference to me if Verizon makes an update official or not. My storm is now running better than ever. Currently rockin .141/5.0 lyridical
    05-17-09 01:38 PM
    I'm using .131. Had .141 and the hybrids of it but continually was disappointed by it so I went back with what was working good.
    05-17-09 01:39 PM
    I'm a complete newbie to all this stuff. I guess i'm running the .75 OS (stands for operating system???) I'd like to upgrade but I'm hesitant for the same reasons shay expressed.

Also, I'm concerned that I do not know how to download it correctly. If I mess up, can I go back to the original?

And what are the benefits of upgrading? faster, smoother, less bugs???
    05-17-09 02:28 PM
    I'm a complete newbie to all this stuff. I guess i'm running the .75 OS (stands for operating system???) I'd like to upgrade but I'm hesitant for the same reasons shay expressed.

Also, I'm concerned that I do not know how to download it correctly. If I mess up, can I go back to the original?

And what are the benefits of upgrading? faster, smoother, less bugs???
    There are threads that show you how to do it that are pinned on here. And leaked OSs are faster and generally have less bugs, however, they have color banding, which is noticeable once you go to a leaked OS for the first time, but you hardly notice afterwards.

and yeah, you can go back to the original, just look around for the threads to find out how to and stuff.
    05-17-09 02:38 PM
    I just enjoy making my phone better so I am always trying to. Didn't think twice about upgrading when I got my storm and .109 came out.

If some one doesn't care or want to bother upgrading then fine.

I personally don't get it if someone really want these upgrades but then doesn't take them and is then concerned enogh about what other people are using and making a thread.

Do you need validation that your not the only one here on .75?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    All I ever wanted the entire time was for you and anybody else who was concerned to understand where I was coming from. I never once asked you to agree with me; I never once asked you to switch back to .75. I never once argued that ppl shouldnt download leaks. All I did from the beginning was state that .75 worked great for me. And instead of respectfully stating that it sucked for you, but you could see why I still use it if its great for me, you instead jumped right out of the gate, making assumptions about my motives, telling me to challenge authority (as much as you refuse to admit it now, you did show that you cared whether I upgraded or not), and giving me all of your reasons why .75 sucks and why I should upgrade.

I never asked you or anyone else to agree with me. I wouldnt even have gone into detail about ANY of this had you not came at me after my original post; that wasnt the point of the thread, and wasnt the direction I intended for it to go. I dont come to Crackberry to give myself a headache and make enemies out of complete strangers. I respect and accept EVERYONE else's opinion on what OS they decide to use (go thru the thread and look at my response to others who didnt bark at me for no reason, look at my analogy of why some have .75 and why some dont). Its just frustrating to me when ppl don't give me the same, and respect what I decide to use and understand that my phone is probably better on .75 than what it could be on another OS.

This thread got out of hand, and it would have never gone there if you had respected my choice just like I respected yours and others. You dont have to agree (you dont use my phone, you have no idea how good or bad it is), it's only right to respect my decision and my judgement. I'm here on Crackberry everyday; I wouldnt sell myself short using a crappy .75 if better OS's are out there. Just try and understand that, on my particular device, .75 doesnt run crappy...it runs GREAT! And lets all get along for God's sake...
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 05-17-09 at 04:56 PM.
    05-17-09 04:53 PM
    well this morning I went to .132. I've had my Storm for two weeks and just couldn't stand the lag, low memory, and camera problems. So far I'm liking .132, my memory is in the high 40's when it was in the high 20's on .75. I see going to .132 didn't get ride of the ghost lightning pic but thats okay it doens't effect anything, just more funny that it does it more then anything.

I just want to thank all you wonderful CrackBerry nuts for your awesome write ups on how to's! Made my upgrading a simple and painless job.
    05-17-09 05:04 PM
    .75 still rockin it =)
    05-17-09 05:11 PM
    well this morning I went to .132. I've had my Storm for two weeks and just couldn't stand the lag, low memory, and camera problems. So far I'm liking .132, my memory is in the high 40's when it was in the high 20's on .75. I see going to .132 didn't get ride of the ghost lightning pic but thats okay it doens't effect anything, just more funny that it does it more then anything.

I just want to thank all you wonderful CrackBerry nuts for your awesome write ups on how to's! Made my upgrading a simple and painless job.
    Glad .132 is workin better for ya! And yes, if you wanna upgrade they make it really easy to do so here. Step by step all the way. Crackberry is my second home.
    05-17-09 05:16 PM
    Have you ever had a leaked OS on your phone? I know what your argument is, and I understand you're not trying to argue or anything, but maybe your argument lies in the fact that you haven't tried a leak or hybrid.
    Some people switch back from a leak to .75 because they like it better.
    P.s. This is not in any way criticism/judgment/whatever.

05-17-09 05:20 PM
    Have you ever had a leaked OS on your phone? I know what your argument is, and I understand you're not trying to argue or anything, but maybe your argument lies in the fact that you haven't tried a leak or hybrid.
    Some people switch back from a leak to .75 because they like it better.
    P.s. This is not in any way criticism/judgment/whatever.

No. I havent had the need to. Before I got my Storm (late January) I was a HUUUUUUUGE advocate of leaks; almost put one on my friend's Storm. I was VERY active on Crackberry the entire time I was stalking () the Storm and had my desired apps and desired leak picked out.

Then I got my phone, and decided to just use it without the leak for a while. THE THING WORKED GREAT! Of course its not perfect, but it's nothing that makes me think twice about my purchasing of the Storm. In my few months with the Storm, I'm a huge advocate of the phone, as well as RIM. I commend them on a job well done. I dont have any reasons to get mad at my phone during the day, and I can live with the few shortcomings it does have, just like you all can do with the leaks.

For those reasons, I decide to stick to .75 until an official comes out. It would be pointless for me to search thru all of the leaks for one that works best for me when I already have stability and comfort in the OS im currently using. Thanks for asking.
    05-17-09 05:33 PM
    No. I havent had the need to. Before I got my Storm (late January) I was a HUUUUUUUGE advocate of leaks; almost put one on my friend's Storm. I was VERY active on Crackberry the entire time I was stalking () the Storm and had my desired apps and desired leak picked out.

Then I got my phone, and decided to just use it without the leak for a while. THE THING WORKED GREAT! Of course its not perfect, but it's nothing that makes me think twice about my purchasing of the Storm. In my few months with the Storm, I'm a huge advocate of the phone, as well as RIM. I commend them on a job well done. I dont have any reasons to get mad at my phone during the day, and I can live with the few shortcomings it does have, just like you all can do with the leaks.

For those reasons, I decide to stick to .75 until an official comes out. It would be pointless for me to search thru all of the leaks for one that works best for me when I already have stability and comfort in the OS im currently using. Thanks for asking.
    Man, I'm begging you to try a leaked OS -- I understand that this phone is working great for you, but for the sake of all the people that disagreed with you, just try out a leak/hybrid!

05-17-09 05:37 PM
    Man, I'm begging you to try a leaked OS -- I understand that this phone is working great for you, but for the sake of all the people that disagreed with you, just try out a leak/hybrid!

lol. Sorry man, but I love my phone (thats the most important thing here). And I shouldn't have to conform to a leak only for the sake of the ppl who disagree with me. lol. They've never used my Storm, only their own, so they wouldn't understand that I'm truly not missing out. There are plenty of threads of ppl chattin about how much .141 or .132 sucked on their phones.

I look at my phone and feel like they may be missing out...not me. To each its own.
    05-17-09 05:52 PM
    I stayed true to .75 for 2 months then came to the dark side and never looked back
    05-17-09 08:28 PM
    I'm still rocking .75. I havent had any real problems with it *knock on wood*. Plus I am a Mac owner so I am unable to download any of the leaks and try them.
    05-17-09 08:29 PM
    I've had my Storm for about 3 months and have not had a single problem with it so I'm sticking with .075
    05-17-09 08:30 PM
    We have 3 storms in our family and all are stable with 0.75 and I have yet to see a stable enough release/leak to justify upgrading (if it isn't broke, don't mess with it). My other BB is the 8830 (work) and I am satisfied with it but I do like the storm better.
    05-17-09 09:07 PM
    .132 I have had my phone for a couple of months. .75 was just to lagged for me. I feel the same way in the fact if it is not broke don't fix it, but .75 gave me fits. I really liked the phone but with 132 i love the phone. It still has bugs with 132 but not near as many problems.
    05-17-09 09:16 PM
    .132 I have had my phone for a couple of months. .75 was just to lagged for me. I feel the same way in the fact if it is not broke don't fix it, but .75 gave me fits. I really liked the phone but with 132 i love the phone. It still has bugs with 132 but not near as many problems.
    Thanks for sharing guys! I've heard great things about .132 . More ppl seem to like it than .141 from what I see.
    05-17-09 09:34 PM
    We have 3 storms in our family and all are stable with 0.75 and I have yet to see a stable enough release/leak to justify upgrading (if it isn't broke, don't mess with it). My other BB is the 8830 (work) and I am satisfied with it but I do like the storm better.
    Good to know some ppl can see where I'm comin from...
    05-17-09 09:44 PM
    .141 for me. Since .75 there have actually been quite a few nifty little add ons that make the system better. The ability to edit words you have typed, qwerty in portrait, faster system response, better memory and battery management. You guys can say "I don't want to fix what ain't broke" and I get it, BUT, these updates offer improvements over .75 plain and simple. It's not to say you should upgrade to fix a crappy OS but rather gain the best possible experience you can from your device. The best part is it takes 15 minutes to perform and if you don't like simply put .75 back on. I could care less about rebelling against Verizons slow update standards but I do want the most out of my BB.
    05-17-09 09:59 PM
    .109 here..
    05-17-09 10:09 PM
    I was always upgrading to every leak that came out from .76 up but always ended up going back to .75 for one reason or another, but i have to say with .132 i have never kept an OS this long on my storm with hardly no issues that affect the way i use my phone!! They really hit it or are very close to it with .132 so i'm feelin good until the official comes out
    05-17-09 10:31 PM
    If I ever go back to .75 itd be cause of color banding. But I'm not going to since lyrics hybrid is amazing and atleast for now performance > aesthetics

05-17-09 10:41 PM
    I been on the 4.7.0.122 and have thought about upgrading but this OS works just fine for me. Maybe Im a little scurred about goin to .141... too much controversy
    05-17-09 10:54 PM
    If I ever go back to .75 itd be cause of color banding. But I'm not going to since lyrics hybrid is amazing and atleast for now performance > aesthetics

.141 here, but my sister is running .75 and there is still somewhat color banding, so I wouldn't go back.

05-17-09 11:02 PM
144 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD