View Poll Results: VERIZON Storm owners: Which OS are you using?

Voters
643. You may not vote on this poll
  • OS .75

101 15.71%
  • Other carrier's official OS

63 9.80%
  • Leaked/Hybrid OS

479 74.49%
    Was bored the other day and AAAAAAAALMOST went back on my word and downloaded a leak! Couldnt allow myself to do it tho. OS .75 has treated me well since day 1, and I dont wanna mess anything up by attempting to fix what's not broken.

I feel like most ppl here cling to the leaks, but I'm curious to see how many of us are still .75 troopers. We'll appreciate the official so much more than the others when it finally gets here!

Soooo, VERIZON STORM OWNERS: which OS are u guys currently using?

Feel free to list the exact one in the thread!
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 05-15-09 at 12:04 PM.
    05-15-09 11:55 AM

So even when VZW releases an official you will still continue rocking .75?

Because you would be messing with something that's not broken for you.....

If you plan on upgrading then then why wouldn't you upgrade now? Is the imaginary "official" tag going to some how make it work better or are you constantly bugging VZW for tech support so often that it would inconvenience you to not be on their official?
    05-15-09 12:03 PM

So even when VZW releases an official you will still continue rocking .75?

Because you would be messing with something that's not broken for you.....

If you plan on upgrading then then why wouldn't you upgrade now? Is the imaginary "official" tag going to some how make it work better or are you constantly bugging VZW for tech support so often that it would inconvenience you to not be on their official?
    Nooo, noooo, noooo. Not at all. I havent had to have 1 conversation with Verizon since I purchased my Storm back in January. OS .75 has worked fine for me. OF COURSE IM GOING TO GO TO THE OFFICIAL WHEN IT GETS HERE, lol. I clearly said in the original post that us .75 troopers will appreciate the official so much more.

As far as the leaks go, its one of those games where if you start playing, it never ends. People who download leaks are never satisfied. I find it funny that everyone was so eager for Verizon to release .141 as an official when it would have been equal to what they already had on their phones. lol. Cracks me up. People who already had .141 were screamin and yellin for Verizon to release an official. WHY? If they had released it you wouldnt have anything different. lol.
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 05-15-09 at 12:09 PM.
    05-15-09 12:07 PM
    .141 with .132 radio/gps and 5.0. browser and app bits.
    05-15-09 12:11 PM
    ...and why would I bother Verizon for tech support? lol. Not an 1d1ot or a noob. C'mon man. This "imaginary official tag" that you speak of is not imaginary at all. There are known issues with .141 and thats why Verizon didnt release it as an official. Nothing "imaginary" about those issues.

I've had my Storm since January, know the ins and outs of smartphones and technology, but choose to keep rockin .75 because its worked great for me. No need for me to upgrade to an OS that failed testing...sounds more like a downgrade IMO.
    05-15-09 12:16 PM
    I too gad a great version of .75 working on my phone. But I finally pretty much had to upgrade when some of the app I needed to use were not fully functional on .75. My husband's phone is still on .75 but mine is now on .141/5 hybrid.
    05-15-09 12:17 PM
    I'm running 132 on my phone, down from 141. My wife's is still running 103, I plan to bring her's up to 132 this weekend.
    05-15-09 12:17 PM
    .141/5.0 hybrid. Works great! Have 48.7mbs of app mem and my phone has yet to crash and is extremely fast. My browser speed is faster than an iphone 3G and I had one less bar of service

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 12:19 PM
    Nooo, noooo, noooo. Not at all. I havent had to have 1 conversation with Verizon since I purchased my Storm back in January. OS .75 has worked fine for me. OF COURSE IM GOING TO GO TO THE OFFICIAL WHEN IT GETS HERE, lol. I clearly said in the original post that us .75 troopers will appreciate the official so much more.

As far as the leaks go, its one of those games where if you start playing, it never ends. People who download leaks are never satisfied. I find it funny that everyone was so eager for Verizon to release .141 as an official when it would have been equal to what they already had on their phones. lol. Cracks me up. People who already had .141 were screamin and yellin for Verizon to release an official. WHY? If they had released it you wouldnt have anything different. lol.
    I'm with you on that. I have had my storm for months now and haven't a problem one out of it(knock on wood).
    05-15-09 12:35 PM
    I tried a majority of the leaks and always went back to 0.76 (I liked Telus OS a little better). Tried Lyricidial's 0.141/50 Hybrid and haven't gone back yet.
    05-15-09 01:17 PM
    ...and why would I bother Verizon for tech support? lol. Not an 1d1ot or a noob. C'mon man. This "imaginary official tag" that you speak of is not imaginary at all. There are known issues with .141 and thats why Verizon didnt release it as an official. Nothing "imaginary" about those issues.

I've had my Storm since January, know the ins and outs of smartphones and technology, but choose to keep rockin .75 because its worked great for me. No need for me to upgrade to an OS that failed testing...sounds more like a downgrade IMO.
    Ummm there are more bugs on .75 than .141 in my experience. The audio speaker phone bug in . 75 is HUGE bug

All software is going to have bugs , official or not does not change that.

I don't even think the locking feature on .141 is a bug anymore. I think its intended. I pocket my storm with no case and actually like it this way now.

If it was official you would be on it with all its bugs and the only difference, since your not bugging VZW for support, would be the imaginary official title.

05-15-09 01:23 PM
    I'm with you on that. I have had my storm for months now and haven't a problem one out of it(knock on wood).
    I had my Storm since December and have tried all leaked os's and have not had a problem with any upgrade. My phone runs better after each upgrade, I would suggest trying a leak os I'm sure you will be happy.
    05-15-09 01:23 PM
    running .75 and still kicking,just have to get use to the phone.
    05-15-09 01:24 PM
    .141 Until something new comes out
    05-15-09 01:25 PM
    leaked OS .132
    05-15-09 01:26 PM
    I'm on bbcrackmans v5 and loving it. Been running leaks since .85

05-15-09 01:26 PM
    Cracks me up. People who already had .141 were screamin and yellin for Verizon to release an official. WHY? If they had released it you wouldnt have anything different. lol.[/B]
    Some of us were thinking of BES users locked to .75 due to corporate policy. Blackberries are NOT consumer devices.
    05-15-09 01:27 PM
    Being new to bb's , I loved the phone when I first got it in Dec. After reading about the leaks, I tried .113 and boy did it make a difference. I am now at .132 and I love what it does even better.
    However, I probably will wait and see what come out "officially" next, only because I think it will be so much better than .141.
    05-15-09 01:32 PM
    Ummm there are more bugs on .75 than .141 in my experience. The audio speaker phone bug in . 75 is HUGE bug

All software is going to have bugs , official or not does not change that.

I don't even think the locking feature on .141 is a bug anymore. I think its intended. I pocket my storm with no case and actually like it this way now.

If it was official you would be on it with all its bugs and the only difference, since your not bugging VZW for support, would be the imaginary official title.

Ohhh, the beauty of the word "if"

"If" OS .141 was solid enough (by Verizon's standards) to be released as an official, then yea...it would be on my device right now! But the "if's" in this case are not by chance...there are reasons that an "if" even exists with this OS failing, forcing you to use the word "if" in an attempt to prove a point.

Sorry, but "if" Verizon just played eenie-meenie-miney-moe and picked an OS, you might have a point here...considering they CLEARLY dont, your "if" holds very little value my friend!

.75 may have given you a ton of issues, but as I said: IT'S BEEN FINE FOR ME. "If" it were acting up like yours I would probably have switched to another OS, but considering the fact that this "if" doesnt exist...you lose again.
    05-15-09 01:32 PM
    .132 here. I had .75 for quite a while, but decided that I would go ahead & take the plunge to a leaked OS. I have to say that the people on .75 don't know what you are misssing.
    05-15-09 01:34 PM
    you tell em shayda,it rocks for me also,people just have to be patient...
    05-15-09 01:36 PM
    Shaydakiss23
    I find it funny that everyone was so eager for Verizon to release .141 as an official when it would have been equal to what they already had on their phones. lol. Cracks me up. People who already had .141 were screamin and yellin for Verizon to release an official. WHY? If they had released it you wouldnt have anything different. lol.
    Some of us were thinking of BES users locked to .75 due to corporate policy. Blackberries are NOT consumer devices.
    ummm, yea. Fine point, I really needed that dose of knowledge. lol.

Apparently i'm not talking about the "large quantity" of Blackberry owners who are also humanitarian of the year cadidates. Like everyone begging for OS.141 to be official was only doing it so that BES users could get it, GIVE ME A BREAK...
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 05-15-09 at 01:40 PM.
    05-15-09 01:37 PM
    Lyricidal's latest.
    05-15-09 01:38 PM
    I would have destroyed my storm out of frustration if I still had to use .75
    05-15-09 01:39 PM
    Bumped to the OS lounge, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. lol. Oh well...
    05-15-09 01:54 PM
144 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD