Any updates on when verizon will put out their os update? I hear Jan 16th

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 07:19 AM
    I heard the 15th but who knows. I wouldn't recommend the leaked .86 though the improvements aren't worth the decrease in better life in my opinion.

01-14-09 07:46 AM
    I heard the 15th but who knows. I wouldn't recommend the leaked .86 though the improvements aren't worth the decrease in better life in my opinion.
    The first day of running .86, I tortured my phone with what I might call excessive use. I had finished the upgrade at 3am, with a full battery. I intentionally left open Weatherbug, Loopt, Viigo (ugh), and a few other apps I use. I don't use Bluetooth much other than to sync to PC, but I turned on BT all day. Including SMS/MMS/BB MSG/AIM/Yahoo messages, I'm guessing I sent 200+ messages. Emails, maybe only 30-40.

It lasted from 3am - 8pm. 17 hours? Not too shabby if you ask me. (3 of those hours were set aside for sleep)
    01-14-09 09:48 AM
    I'm not having any battery issues with .86. Last time I charged my battery was Monday night, did the .86 upgrade Tuesday morning and here on Wednesday morning my battery is at 80%. I've never had battery issues though.
    01-14-09 10:46 AM
    Yeah, battery life is definitely better, but since .86, I've had more random resets and more battery pulls due to the phone freezing.
    01-14-09 10:55 AM
    Batt life sucks for me. Since .86

01-14-09 11:01 AM
    i just called verizon a little while ago and the broad on the phone said that they are working on the update and dont have an estimated date when it will be released.
    01-14-09 11:04 AM
    Seriously? "the broad on the phone."

I haven't had any real problems with my battery at all. .75, .85, now .86 all going strong. Knock on wood.

From the word around the boards, which is completely unofficial, it looks like VZW will release another update sometime within the next couple days (most likely the 15th).
    01-14-09 11:21 AM
    what will the update be?

.(what?)
    01-14-09 11:33 AM
    what will the update be?

.(what?)
    probably similar to .86, with hopefully a lot of the bugs worked out.
    01-14-09 11:40 AM
    i just called verizon a little while ago and the broad on the phone said that they are working on the update and dont have an estimated date when it will be released.

Yea, I called the broad on the phone using my bag phone after getting out of my choice Camero and pimpin my fly white wash jeans and Member's Only jacket...the I told the other hot chick to watch my car for me as the dame at the counter got me a newest bag phone upgrade....

Oh sorry I thought we were all flashing back to the 90's and talking like we were 12.
    01-14-09 12:02 PM
    probably similar to .86, with hopefully a lot of the bugs worked out.
    Speculation on the Leaked vs VZN Official OS update was that .75 would be the SAME as the Leaked .75. That turned out to tbe the case so I expect the VZN OS update if it comes out tomorrow or Friday would be .85 or .86 as they are today. They wouldn't have the same numbers if there would be "bugs worked out". Maybe they will surprise us and release .87 which is reported to be out there in use by some folks!
    01-14-09 12:09 PM
    I could be totally wrong (and probably am) and I have no facts to back me up this is purely opinion...

The next "official" VZW leak will be higher than .87. .86 is GREAT but there are still some folks having issues. I've heard some instability rumors about .87. I'm expecting a higher version.

Again, purely speculation.
    01-14-09 12:14 PM
    Seriously? "the broad on the phone."
    Now that's class.
    01-14-09 12:15 PM
    will it update automatically or will you have to take it to the store?
    01-14-09 12:34 PM
    will it update automatically or will you have to take it to the store?
    You can do it yourself via the desktop manager if it's an official release. Honestly the people on these forums probably know more than a sales rep at a store.
    01-14-09 12:37 PM
    I am using .86 with great luck, I enjoy it .. I am excited to hear that an update is coming soon.
    01-14-09 12:39 PM
    You can do it yourself via the desktop manager if it's an official release. Honestly the people on these forums probably know more than a sales rep at a store.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you can update on the storm via the web (ota) on official updates?
    01-14-09 12:48 PM
    options > advanced options >Wireless Upgrade > Check for Upgrades

You can also so your current version, mine is 4.7.0.75

James

I do this twice a day.
    01-14-09 12:52 PM
    Can we not focus a bit longer on how inappropriate people some people seem to be in these forums? a broad on the phone? I am sure I will now be told to relax by some joe six pack
    01-14-09 01:04 PM
    Why won't my v cast music w/Rhapsody work on .86? Someone please help that's my biggest bug with
    It otherwise I really don't care when or what vzw bring to the table IT most likely will still
    Have bugs.

01-14-09 01:22 PM
    Lol @broad

01-14-09 01:54 PM
    Can we not focus a bit longer on how inappropriate people some people seem to be in these forums? a broad on the phone? I am sure I will now be told to relax by some joe six pack
    Hey, relax bro.

01-14-09 04:19 PM
    You guys, girls, broads, dames, chicks, babes, dudes, whatever all need to relax a bit. Go see Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood (awesome movie by the way). In making this movie, Clint said that people nowadays were too sensitive and he's right. Too much "politically correct" BS, just chill out.

Way too sensitive...

I never respond to off-topic posts but I had to here.
    01-14-09 07:00 PM
    Just wanted to say that if the .8x series of OS updates have taught us anything its that they are still a ways off from releasing another "worthy" OTA OS.
    01-14-09 07:30 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD