02-20-09 12:45 PM
41 12
tools
    Verizon in its own, is a great company. I never had a problem with them and only experienced beautiful signal with ANY cell phone I had from them. So Now I switch to a Blackberry, and start to fuss over new OS systems. See what this website does to you? hahahhah I cant leave this site for more then 5 minutes without something interesting come up. The dag LG Dare and LG Voyager NEVER had this much exposure like Blackberrys do hhahah
    I feel your addiction, terrigno! BTW, does seem like the CB servers are very slow tonight??? Are the rest of us CB addicts waiting for a new OS release pounding this site???
    02-18-09 11:00 PM
    Without these forums having a blackberry wouldn't be fun. One especially with a Storm that has so many leaks now that you can test and enjoy or... well take your Storm and complain here!

Good times... Good times.
    I completely agree , this all makes it fun : discussing the stuff and having pointless arguments over which os will come next

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 11:17 PM
    Speakin of VW signal. I wish VW would put a tower in my back yard! :P

Horrible signal at my household on any carrier and im supposedly in the 1XEV area.
    02-19-09 03:24 PM
    IMHO Verizon CSR's are great. The reason I've been with Verizon for many, many years is their customer service. Compare them to what you get from a cable company. They are knowledgeable and they do care. That's my experience, YMMV.
    02-19-09 03:39 PM
    Why does everyone care about an "official" OS? We are getting all the builds leaked here and one of them will end up being the "official" OS.
    Why do you care that we care about official builds?
    02-19-09 03:40 PM
    Why does everyone care about an "official" OS? We are getting all the builds leaked here and one of them will end up being the "official" OS.
    Where can I get it? I've searched this site for a couple days and can't find a thing.

Thanks,

Chuck
    02-19-09 03:46 PM
    You're correct, VZW has nothing to do with what RIM comes up with and we have no advanced notice of a release date.

I am a VZW Sr. Rep and I'm sorry that you think we know NOTHING except how to take a payment and switch plans. There are a few of us that know and love the Storm, and willing to go the extra mile and discuss your Storm problems.

What job do you have? Do you supersize fries orders at McD's?
    VZW CS is THE REASON I am still with Verizon. My CS experience with VZW has been nothing less than absolutely first rate for years. Every time I call CS I think that it can't last - it almost never has with other companies where I have had similar experiences, yet it has remained that way for as long as I started using the VZW service in the mid-late 90's when they ate the local wireless carrier I was using at that time.
    02-19-09 04:45 PM
    i personally care about the official release because i want something that is more stable and is what is the best, without having to be a BB genius to access the goods.
    02-19-09 04:59 PM
    Agreed, Official builds mean everything the phone is supposed to do, it does. Not most things, kind of half way.
    02-19-09 05:19 PM
    The only good experience I've had with vzw CS was this past one when I bough my storm. However, VZW gripes me in PLENTY of other ways. NOBODY who knows what they are doing is going to pay 9.99 for navigator(horrible), 30 bucks for tethering, 30 bucks for data, 60 bucks for a calling plan, etc. etc. TOO many charges! Give us freedom like we deserve as customers and quit nickel and dimeing everyone. I purposely look for phones that have the least instances of the word VCAST in their description. That can only mean bad things!

Enough of my rant, but I'm upset with multi-million dollar money hungry organizations in America.

As for the official build, I can't wait to get one because I'm tired of my phone only booting 1/3 of the time and locking up 3/3 of the time. RIM has got to get us something soon... I hope.
    02-19-09 05:32 PM
    We saw what happened when Verizon and RIM were rushed into getting the Storm out in the first place. Why would we want them to rush the next official OS?
    Why is this even argued...any one who even pays attention to technology knows nothing is ever released flawless...

Do you guys think an official os will be flawless? Don't hold your breathe...it will be stable but not flawless

Last edited by TheComebackKidd; 02-19-09 at 05:47 PM.
    02-19-09 05:45 PM
    The official answer is .75 is the greatest O.S. for the Storm. Slingbox is against the T.O.S.

With that said, how do I personally feel about your questions. I am using .103 and have used every leaked version since getting my Storm on 11/21/08. With that said, I find .103 as the most stable, but waiting for the next leak. As for the Slingbox, I haven't used it yet, but I do use Slacker and absolutely love it. I know I'm one of those reps who can only take payments and change calling plans, but I can tell you that there is no 5GB limit on the UNLIMITED Data/Email on the BB plans. People have argued this a lot, but VZW is referring to tethering or a BBA card. Plus, even if you streamed 24/7 you would be hard pressed to ever come close to 5GB with streaming music. If you read my tag line, my comments are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, so wanted to just make sure that my comments aren't taken as the view taken by the company.

Vulcan, thank you for your thoughtful reply, it pains me that I might not beable to use slingbox to watch TV on my Storm. I hate the idea of missing my Buckeyes, while sitting on the sidelines of my kids soccer game. lol.
    02-19-09 09:22 PM
    update on my situation is I got rid of vz nav and the appleberry theme and I have been running great with only one battery pull (nav4all must go next)
    02-20-09 12:58 AM
    Its like stick your finger in your rear end...what do you get? You know exactly what you get and that's what you get from VZW.

02-20-09 12:17 PM
    Its like stick your finger in your rear end...what do you get? You know exactly what you get and that's what you get from VZW.

If thats how you feel about Verizon, switch to AT&T or T-Mobile. Good luck with the quality and service from either of those companys.
    02-20-09 12:40 PM
    none of us know what OS/platform/firmware or etc will be released next because none of us work there so lets all fall back and enjoy the leaks as they come... i cant believe people were trying to calculate what version number was coming next... thats so weird lol
    02-20-09 12:45 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD