If everyone who wants to know when the next OS will be released by Verizon, why don't we all call 611 and ask them, and then report our findings here?

This might help slow down the daily barrage of "when's the next official OS coming out?" posts.

Just an idear.
    02-18-09 05:33 PM
    Not a bad idea. We can all call and see how many diffrent responses we get lol. Like go at them with a Mass Call in about the OS and they would be like WTF? hahhaha
    02-18-09 05:35 PM
    This is a joke.... right?
    02-18-09 05:50 PM
    And I'm sure each rep someone talked to would give a different answer. Just creating more problems here, lol.
    02-18-09 05:53 PM
    Because it would be good to post the mis-information of the about 90% of reps that dont know there as s from their elbow???

disclaimer: please take no offense you 10% percent that do know the difference between an as s and an elbow!
    02-18-09 06:22 PM
    I'd rather let the Verizon CS reps spend their time dealing with more significant customer service issues.
    02-18-09 06:33 PM
    How about the fact that Verizon has nothing to do with date of the release...

Side note: one time I called up CS to inquire about, what use to be, Premium Voicemail. I was interested in it because of the fax capability... The rep called tech support on the other line, then got back over to me and said "You need to contact a third-party named CrackBerry...They will install faxes for you".

Moral of the story...CS knows NOTHING, except how to take payments and switch plans.
    02-18-09 06:46 PM
    How about the fact that Verizon has nothing to do with date of the release...

Side note: one time I called up CS to inquire about, what use to be, Premium Voicemail. I was interested in it because of the fax capability... The rep called tech support on the other line, then got back over to me and said "You need to contact a third-party named CrackBerry...They will install faxes for you".

Moral of the story...CS knows NOTHING, except how to take payments and switch plans.
    You're correct, VZW has nothing to do with what RIM comes up with and we have no advanced notice of a release date.

I am a VZW Sr. Rep and I'm sorry that you think we know NOTHING except how to take a payment and switch plans. There are a few of us that know and love the Storm, and willing to go the extra mile and discuss your Storm problems.

What job do you have? Do you supersize fries orders at McD's?
    02-18-09 06:52 PM
    Yes...my name is Ronald McDonald.

Don't take it personal. If you don't like to hear negative feedback about the company you work for, do a better job at training your employees.
    02-18-09 06:54 PM

Don't take it personal. If you don't like to hear negative feedback about the company you work for, do a better job at training your employees.
    Ok I love verizon and haven't had one bad experience but 1) unfortunately he's correct and 2) this is a pretty funny post. kudos.
    02-18-09 06:59 PM
    You're correct, VZW has nothing to do with what RIM comes up with and we have no advanced notice of a release date.

I am a VZW Sr. Rep and I'm sorry that you think we know NOTHING except how to take a payment and switch plans. There are a few of us that know and love the Storm, and willing to go the extra mile and discuss your Storm problems.

HMMM Sr. Rep at VZW huh. Well whats your take on a new OS for the Storm, and what is VZW stand on the use of a Slingbox to watch TV on our Storms. Thanks for your informed and honest opinion,
    02-18-09 07:00 PM

Can't train people uninterested in learning. If someone knows enough to get hired but doesn't care about the rest of the stuff....then that's all you're going to get.
    02-18-09 07:00 PM
    Didn't meant to turn this thread into a "hate on Verizon" thread... lol

But, at least we can all agree to disagree. Verizon won't be very much help with this one.
    02-18-09 07:04 PM
    I have to say, i do my best to train my reps on everything, but no matter how much i talk to them about it, some people just dont get it... not like us crackberrians
    02-18-09 07:15 PM
    Verizon in its own, is a great company. I never had a problem with them and only experienced beautiful signal with ANY cell phone I had from them. So Now I switch to a Blackberry, and start to fuss over new OS systems. See what this website does to you? hahahhah I cant leave this site for more then 5 minutes without something interesting come up. The dag LG Dare and LG Voyager NEVER had this much exposure like Blackberrys do hhahah
    02-18-09 07:27 PM
    Why does everyone care about an "official" OS? We are getting all the builds leaked here and one of them will end up being the "official" OS.
    02-18-09 07:48 PM
    Verizon in its own, is a great company. I never had a problem with them and only experienced beautiful signal with ANY cell phone I had from them. So Now I switch to a Blackberry, and start to fuss over new OS systems. See what this website does to you? hahahhah I cant leave this site for more then 5 minutes without something interesting come up. The dag LG Dare and LG Voyager NEVER had this much exposure like Blackberrys do hhahah
    I somewhat agree here, not saying that every storm is perfect (mine is pretty close) but I now notice myself searching for something to be wrong. I often wonder how many people would never notice dust under the screen or feel like it isn't "snappy" if they didn't read it here first.

A case in point, a worker of mine come to work yesterday all proud to show off his LG touch screen phone. He was so syked. He was showing me how it switched from landscape to portrait and while he was doing it, it never actually switched. He commented on how it freezes sometimes but was not discouraged, he loves the phone. I asked him today how it was working and he said everyday he likes it more and more everyday. I bet if he jumped on some forum and started reading stuff similar to whats posted here he would return the phone. How many storm owners are in the same boat as this guy?

You don't know what you don't know, ignorance is bliss.

How many people out there were completely satisfied with their storm until coming here looking for an app or something, stumbled onto the rants and raves section and now hate their phone?
    02-18-09 08:00 PM
    hahah your right about that. If it wasnt for here, I wouldn't be looking for Dust under the screen or waiting on an official OS lol. Stuff like that. See what these forums do to you? hahaha
    02-18-09 08:35 PM
    I somewhat agree here, not saying that every storm is perfect (mine is pretty close) but I now notice myself searching for something to be wrong. I often wonder how many people would never notice dust under the screen or feel like it isn't "snappy" if they didn't read it here first.

A case in point, a worker of mine come to work yesterday all proud to show off his LG touch screen phone. He was so syked. He was showing me how it switched from landscape to portrait and while he was doing it, it never actually switched. He commented on how it freezes sometimes but was not discouraged, he loves the phone. I asked him today how it was working and he said everyday he likes it more and more everyday. I bet if he jumped on some forum and started reading stuff similar to whats posted here he would return the phone. How many storm owners are in the same boat as this guy?

How many people out there were completely satisfied with their storm until coming here looking for an app or something, stumbled onto the rants and raves section and now hate their phone?
    that would be me!!..lol
    02-18-09 08:49 PM
    Without these forums having a blackberry wouldn't be fun. One especially with a Storm that has so many leaks now that you can test and enjoy or... well take your Storm and complain here!

Good times... Good times.
    02-18-09 09:03 PM
    Don't get me wrong I love tinkering with my storm. I hate searching for something wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 09:16 PM
    HMMM Sr. Rep at VZW huh. Well whats your take on a new OS for the Storm, and what is VZW stand on the use of a Slingbox to watch TV on our Storms. Thanks for your informed and honest opinion,
    The official answer is .75 is the greatest O.S. for the Storm. Slingbox is against the T.O.S.

With that said, how do I personally feel about your questions. I am using .103 and have used every leaked version since getting my Storm on 11/21/08. With that said, I find .103 as the most stable, but waiting for the next leak. As for the Slingbox, I haven't used it yet, but I do use Slacker and absolutely love it. I know I'm one of those reps who can only take payments and change calling plans, but I can tell you that there is no 5GB limit on the UNLIMITED Data/Email on the BB plans. People have argued this a lot, but VZW is referring to tethering or a BBA card. Plus, even if you streamed 24/7 you would be hard pressed to ever come close to 5GB with streaming music. If you read my tag line, my comments are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of my employer, so wanted to just make sure that my comments aren't taken as the view taken by the company.
    02-18-09 09:21 PM

people like this obviously are too immature for a device that can be utilized for something other than taking "myspace photos" in the mirror. if you don't understand that this device requires maintenance and upkeep, then go get a dare or voyager. or better yet a glyde!

if your a true hardcore user, and not a fanboy, and not a socialite trying to impress people with the fancy new gadget, then the storm is for you.
    02-18-09 09:22 PM

OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLOLOL

And I work for a Tech Company That Goes To Big Business And Set Up Networks, Fix Computers, And We Also Do Hosting Services For Websites And Email.
    02-18-09 09:27 PM
    We saw what happened when Verizon and RIM were rushed into getting the Storm out in the first place. Why would we want them to rush the next official OS?
    02-18-09 09:29 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD