I know there probably has been posts, but will verizon ever release a new OS for the Storm 1? I was thinking no as they do not even sell the phone, but don't they usually update older models?? I am not familiar with downloading hybrids so.
    04-25-10 11:07 AM
    Its really hard to say if RIM would release a new OS for the 9530. I'm sure there lots of peeps that are still using a 9530.
    04-25-10 11:17 AM
    RIM does not release OS!!!! Carriers do...smh

anyway, VZW does release OS for older devices sometimes. I would think they will still pass 1 more OS for the storm 1 but with all the other devices coming out and such there are alot of testing and the original storm falls towards the bottom of the stack.

You already have a storm 2 so i wouldn't complain too much and get rid of the storm 1 if you can
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-25-10 at 11:38 AM.
    04-25-10 11:21 AM
    Still using my original S1. Got tired of waiting for VZW/RIM so I got up the nerve and loaded a Hybrid. Phone runs awsome now. This will keep me going and wait to upgrade and see what else comes down the line later. So I don't care if they release an official or not.

Seriously look a the Hybrids, I don't see how another official could be better than what I'm running now. Good job to all the Hybrid makers!
    04-25-10 11:37 AM
    vzw should release new os. afterall carriers are still trying to sell 1
    04-29-10 12:43 AM
    Since 591 got "leaked" and didn't come from a different carrier, what are the chances that it's not a version being tested for deployment by verizon? With that being said, how many verizon 'leaks' have come out without ending up moving to 'official' status? From my memory this is what happened with 5.0.328, and 4.7.168 and I don't remember seeing any other 'mystery leaks' besides those two in the past 6 months or so.
    04-30-10 12:22 PM
    Since 591 got "leaked" and didn't come from a different carrier, what are the chances that it's not a version being tested for deployment by verizon? With that being said, how many verizon 'leaks' have come out without ending up moving to 'official' status? From my memory this is what happened with 5.0.328, and 4.7.168 and I don't remember seeing any other 'mystery leaks' besides those two in the past 6 months or so.
    148 leaked well before VZW made it official and 328 leaked a hour or so maybe, i dont remember. dont know about .75 as it was back in 08. those are your only officials from VZW. tons of different leaks though
    04-30-10 04:21 PM
    148 leaked well before VZW made it official and 328 leaked a hour or so maybe, i dont remember. dont know about .75 as it was back in 08. those are your only officials from VZW. tons of different leaks though
    4.7.0.75 leaked about a week or so before VZW released it.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see another official release, but I wouldn't hold your breath. For example, the 8830 World Edition just got it's 6th Maintenance release to OS 4.5 just earlier this month. (4/15/2010 to be exact)
    04-30-10 04:47 PM
    howarmat,

Did you forget already? You just responded to the .75 announcement thread two days ago. It's still on page 1 of this forum, thanks to some bozo who brought it back almost a year later! It's the thread from DonNguyen that you called "dinosaur old" (which I thought was absolutely hilarious!)...

BTW, how is your new HTC Incredible stacking up against your Storm 2? Is it better, not as good, or just way different? Inquiring minds need to know...

Riding the Storm Out
    04-30-10 05:26 PM
    howarmat,

Did you forget already? You just responded to the .75 announcement thread two days ago. It's still on page 1 of this forum, thanks to some bozo who brought it back almost a year later! It's the thread from DonNguyen that you called "dinosaur old" (which I thought was absolutely hilarious!)...

BTW, how is your new HTC Incredible stacking up against your Storm 2? Is it better, not as good, or just way different? Inquiring minds need to know...

Riding the Storm Out
    look at the the 2 threads about the incredible in the storm 2 forums

and i yeah i did forget that .75 was leaked
    04-30-10 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD