All the sales reps at the corporate stores said it. Yes I know, they know nothing and we should not listen to the corporate spiel coming out of their mouths. Do you think corporate users we calling RIM and saying how much they wanted a touch screen? RIM was going after the general user when they made Storm. I am not an IPhone "fanboi" as you all like to say, but it is still the standard touch screen phone that every company measures up to. If you think different than you are really dense.
    RIM didnt base there decision for making a touch screen device soley on the Iphone. They looked at all the different touch screens and compared them all and decided what route to take. Did I say you were an Iphone fanboi?
    11-01-09 08:14 PM
    Good night y'all...mom says I have to go to bed now!
    11-01-09 08:15 PM
    Well for one, maybe they won't be as gun shy with google like they are with rim and their track record?
    not very likely. They have a very stringent way of approving an OS for release. There not going to change there ways just because android said so.
    11-01-09 08:15 PM
    I know you did not call me a fanboi, I just meant that is what someone is called after mentioning IPhone.

Anyway, RIM's intention was, no doubt in my ind, to take away from IPhone's market share. Touch screen is where we are going and RIM was smart on trying to capitalize on it. S1 was not the best they could have done, but it was not a total failure either. They did achieve the goalsof getting non corporate users on board like myself. Actually, the Storm for as many problems it had was a success. The problem is that CB members are never happy with any OS being techies. Average user had not big beef with .148 and would have been happy there for a long time.

RIM didnt base there decision for making a touch screen device soley on the Iphone. They looked at all the different touch screens and compared them all and decided what route to take. Did I say you were an Iphone fanboi?
    11-01-09 08:29 PM
    I know you did not call me a fanboi, I just meant that is what someone is called after mentioning IPhone.

Anyway, RIM's intention was, no doubt in my ind, to take away from IPhone's market share. Touch screen is where we are going and RIM was smart on trying to capitalize on it. S1 was not the best they could have done, but it was not a total failure either. They did achieve the goalsof getting non corporate users on board like myself. Actually, the Storm for as many problems it had was a success. The problem is that CB members are never happy with any OS being techies. Average user had not big beef with .148 and would have been happy there for a long time.
    Stamp of approval
    11-01-09 08:33 PM
    Hey, I am not a diehard anything. I see both sides of the coin. everything has pros and cons! The only thing that bothers me is when posts get too personal.

Stamp of approval
    11-01-09 08:37 PM
81 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD