No, YOUR experience on the Storm1 was crap. There's a forum for that! Do you need directions to get there?
    storm1 was not crap but it did have issues. Hes never even used a storm on os 5.0. And he hasnt even used the storm2, unless he went into a store and played with the dummy unit before it launched.
    11-01-09 07:00 PM
    I hope VZW supports the sale of this wonderful phone. I've had mine since Thursday night and had to work Friday & Saturday, but got to play with it quite a bit. It took me a while to get used to the touch screen (I went from a 8130 Pearl) but now I love it.
    Has anybody heard anything about how sales are going? A friend of mine at work went back to a Verizon store in Pittsburgh on release day to exchange his Tour for another and he said no one was there, but they had the S2 for sale.
    11-01-09 07:04 PM
    Every web site that reviewed Droid said Droid is for competing with iPhone. If VZ is indeed pushing Droid instead of S2, it's a sign that suggesting that the deal between VZ and Apple has gone south.
    11-01-09 07:04 PM
    I walked in today to purchase a S2. The ONLY question that I asked was S2 or Tour,....he said wait till next Friday whe the Droid is released. he said they have aworking unit in the back that they have been training on and it is SOOOO much better that the S2. Since my Curve is working,..I can wait.
    so why not join the other fandroids that havent even seen the device in person and are already blindly supporting it.
    11-01-09 07:05 PM
    Every web site that reviewed Droid said Droid is for competing with iPhone. If VZ is indeed pushing Droid instead of S2, it's a sign that suggesting that the deal between VZ and Apple has gone south.
    now that wouldnt surprise me one bit.
    11-01-09 07:07 PM
    the reason they push the droid is because verizon is paying more to advertise for the droid, therefore want more people to buy it. Also because they were told to push it harder and only comment on the storm2 if asked about it.

that's just my educated guess, i don't know about you guys...
    11-01-09 07:13 PM
    That was my point earlier...the Droid is being pushed flat out up against the iPhone...the Storm (or Storm2) was never meant to be that phone. It was meant to bring a touch screen option to he BB stable.
    11-01-09 07:13 PM
    storm1 was not crap but it did have issues. Hes never even used a storm on os 5.0. And he hasnt even used the storm2, unless he went into a store and played with the dummy unit before it launched.
    I'm using a Storm on 5.0 right now, as a matter of fact. And the S2 I played with wasn't a dummy. It was unimpressive, but it wasn't a dummy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-09 07:14 PM
    the reason they push the droid is because verizon is paying more to advertise for the droid, therefore want more people to buy it. Also because they were told to push it harder and only comment on the storm2 if asked about it.

that's just my educated guess, i don't know about you guys...
    Why is Verizon doing that, I wonder?

11-01-09 07:16 PM
    the s2 is awesome. I love this phone so far compared to my s1. The droid looks like its going to be a neat phone and i will check it out, but i highly doubt i will give up my storm. I did notice that the local store where i got my s2 from didnt have any advertisements for it, but i suspect that they just are waiting to try n push the droid out as hard as they can. Once its been out i think it will fall in line with all the rest.
    ....I just wish my damn back key worked all the time....
    11-01-09 07:16 PM
    Idk I was surprised when Verizon made the storm 2 part of bogo, let's wait and see if the new tour is going to be a bargain like that.
    11-01-09 07:17 PM
    I'm using a Storm on 5.0 right now, as a matter of fact. And the S2 I played with wasn't a dummy. It was unimpressive, but it wasn't a dummy.

the only reason it was unimpressive is because you dont know how to use it
    11-01-09 07:19 PM
    Idk I was surprised when Verizon made the storm 2 part of bogo, let's wait and see if the new tour is going to be a bargain like that.
    why wouldnt they do the BOGO? Its a great way to get more devices out there and most importantly sign up new customers or get them to sign a new contract. They dont care how much the phone sells for, the only thing that really matters is that you signed a new contract and maybe picked up another accessory from them. If the promotion is running when the new tour releases the will surely offer it on the BOGO as well. Its probably gonna be in the same price range as the other tour was at launch.
    11-01-09 07:21 PM
    If I was Verizon I wouldn't advertise the S2 too. No disrespect to the S2 its just that when the S1 came out they advertised the heck out of that phone, and VZW got burned bad I mean it was a massacre on the return rates and complaints and so on. So VZW IMO is taking the safe approach and is saying if your better than the first then you can sell yourself.

11-01-09 07:21 PM
    If I was Verizon I wouldn't advertise the S2 too. No disrespect to the S2 its just that when the S1 came out they advertised the heck out of that phone, and VZW got burned bad I mean it was a massacre on the return rates and complaints and so on. So VZW IMO is taking the safe approach and is saying if your better than the first then you can sell yourself.

How did they get burned? They sold millions of units with less than 10% returns. And half of the returns were from user error. They made tons of money selling the storm1 and getting people to sign the contract. You have to remember that verizon doesnt make very much money from the sale of the devices. They make the majority from contracts and accessories.
    11-01-09 07:26 PM
    I find that funny... I am friends with a VZW employee here in town, and when I was talking to her about the Droid, she said that they haven't even been able to use the actual device. "We've had some training with it, but haven't actually seen the actual device."

I am seriously expecting the Droid to tank... or at least have some major issues that are going to be a serious headache for the new users. Needless to say, I am gonig to check it out once it arrives, and may switch if it truly is an iPhone killer...

However, I doubt that it will meet any expectations that I may have for it. Hence my settling in more with the S2.

And when the Droid DOES tank, I bet VZW will be pushing the S2 :P
    I doubt that if the droid does tank itll be worse than how the S1 tanked. Perhaps youre seriously expecting the droid to tank because the S1 did and you think all first gen phones tank? If you were objective you would have expected the S2 to tank as well given the history of its predecessor.

S2(1.5)=fail
    droid>S2
    11-01-09 07:26 PM
    so why not join the other fandroids that havent even seen the device in person and are already blindly supporting it.
    All he did was give his opinion on which one was better, after having seen both, and you label him a fandroid?

11-01-09 07:27 PM
    That was my point earlier...the Droid is being pushed flat out up against the iPhone...the Storm (or Storm2) was never meant to be that phone. It was meant to bring a touch screen option to he BB stable.
    When the S1 came out it was being pushed as an iphone killer too but when it obviously was revealed as the joke it was then there were people like you changing their tune and saying it was "meant to bring a touch screen option to the BB stable"...
    11-01-09 07:31 PM
    I doubt that if the droid does tank itll be worse than how the S1 tanked. Perhaps youre seriously expecting the droid to tank because the S1 did and you think all first gen phones tank? If you were objective you would have expected the S2 to tank as well given the history of its predecessor.

S2(1.5)=fail
    droid>S2
    Does anyone remember the problems they had with the 1st Gen iPhone? Activation problems, hardware issues, software issues...

No matter how you look at it, the Storm1 was expected to be a major competition to the iPhone. And the Storm1 sucked.

Once again, a new device is going to hit the market that is supposed to be a major competitor to the iPhone. The Droid.

If History is correct (which it usually is) - this 1st generation Droid device is going to have some major problems on release. Not saying it's going to be upgraded with some nice software fixes, but it's bound to have some problems that are going to keep it down.

First is the worst, second is the best
    11-01-09 07:33 PM
    When the S1 came out it was being pushed as an iphone killer too but when it obviously was revealed as the joke it was then there were people like you changing their tune and saying it was "meant to bring a touch screen option to the BB stable"...
    Welcome, bearkat #2! The media and reviewers are the only ones who ever pushed the Storm as a potential Jesus phone killer, because they do that with EVERY touchscreen phone it seems. RIM and VZW never marketed it that way at all. Oh, and thanks for the cute eyeroll at the end.
    11-01-09 07:34 PM
    Welcome, bearkat #2! The media and reviewers are the only ones who ever pushed the Storm as a potential Jesus phone killer, because they do that with EVERY touchscreen phone it seems. RIM and VZW never marketed it that way at all. Oh, and thanks for the cute eyeroll at the end.
    But it was considered VZW's "flagship" device.

11-01-09 07:37 PM
    But it was considered VZW's "flagship" device.

...and it brought in MANY customers and MUCH revenue on new BB data plans. Your point? The argument was with regard to it being marketed against the iPhone. I'm not going to say the OS wasn't a pile of crap at launch, but it did get better with time. Rushed to market? Yes
    11-01-09 07:39 PM
    Verizon wouldn't be shizzle without blackberry. It's about time they get some other phones that are interesting though.
    11-01-09 07:40 PM
    *hands out hand-rolled cigarettes* Come on guys, smoke the peace tobacco.... there we go... calm down now....

*farts and runs from the room*
    11-01-09 07:41 PM
    You're welcome...here's another There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Likewise the media and reviewers hyped the he!! out of the S2. Unlike the droid haters I followed with great interest the release of the S2 and never hoped it would suck or not live up to the hype. Whats wrong with acknowledging that the droid maybe a great phone? If it makes RIM wake up and kick up their effort to improve their devices is that bad? They (RIM) obviously know their browser sucks hence their acquisition of Torch.

People blasting those critical of the S2 and saying they know jack sh!t because they havent handled one is BS. Those same people are knocking the droid which they themselves have not handled...

EDIT: btw, i prefer bearkat jr
    11-01-09 07:43 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD