"Verizon is the network of choice and a BlackBerry is the device of choice."

I thought this was an interesting article. Explains that while the Storm will probably never live up to its iPhone-killer moniker (both in terms of sales and in matching its performance), there will always be a huge market for the Storm considering:

1) it's available on VZW
    2) it's a BlackBerry

Reviled by Reviewers, BlackBerry's Storm Rages On | Gadget Lab from Wired.com
    01-30-09 10:28 PM
    Duh.
    Verizon is the sh*t.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-30-09 10:30 PM
    Good article. My Storm rocks! Wouldn't trade it for anything out there right now.

01-30-09 10:50 PM
    Good article. My Storm rocks! Wouldn't trade it for anything out there right now.

Me neither.

This person's user experience pretty much sums up my own. (I think he might have been a little overzealous in saying it matches the iPhone! But I think it definitely outclasses any other BlackBerry in terms of navigating the Internet. The trackball just feels awkward for webpage navigation)

The Storm's web browser has also attracted fans. "The two things I do most are e-mail and browsing," says VanRysdam. "And the browsing experience on the Storm is unlike any other BlackBerry device and as good as the iPhone."
    01-30-09 10:54 PM
    The article forgot to mention that maybe some of us like to have more than one application open at a time, i.e. having Yahoo Instant Messenger running and still able to open and run other applications. Good start for an article though.
    01-30-09 10:57 PM
    Duh.
    Verizon is the sh*t.

Yes, this.
    01-30-09 10:58 PM
    I think the browser still has a way to go, but seeing that the Storm has only been out for a few months I've been very happy with the OS development we've seen so far.
    01-30-09 11:03 PM
    I think the browser still has a way to go, but seeing that the Storm has only been out for a few months I've been very happy with the OS development we've seen so far.
    I'd be interested in seeing Opera develop a Storm-version of their browser!
    01-30-09 11:04 PM
    Good article

I'd be interested in seeing Opera develop a Storm-version of their browser!
    I love Opera Mini too but it doesn't work on the Storm. I'm using Bolt and I'm also liking it more than the BB Browser
    01-30-09 11:22 PM
    Good article

I love Opera Mini too but it doesn't work on the Storm. I'm using Bolt and I'm also liking it more than the BB Browser
    Hmm, I might have to try that. Never heard of it before!
    01-30-09 11:24 PM
    No other phone company can even come close to Verizon

01-31-09 12:25 AM
    A Laker fan in the ATL? thats odd lol

Blackberries and Verizon go hand in hand well except when they go crazy and start crippling and locking things
    01-31-09 12:55 AM
    Bolt is terrible on the Storm for me. Sometimes it stays stuck at 20% and won't load and other times it just reboots my phone.
    01-31-09 01:01 AM
    I love Opera Mini too but it doesn't work on the Storm.

I'm using Opera Mini on my Storm with no problems.
    01-31-09 07:43 AM
    Bolt is terrible on the Storm for me. Sometimes it stays stuck at 20% and won't load and other times it just reboots my phone.
    Ditto here!
    01-31-09 08:00 AM
    Opera Mini works fine on the Storm... but it's a ******** touch interface and not a click.
    01-31-09 04:30 PM
    Only two real problems with verizon, okay more than 2.

Expensive
    Do not allow voice+data simultaneously
    No rollerover minutes(this is part of being expensive)

And blackberries are great, the main thing they lack would be, low customization.
    01-31-09 05:09 PM
    Me neither.

This person's user experience pretty much sums up my own. (I think he might have been a little overzealous in saying it matches the iPhone! But I think it definitely outclasses any other BlackBerry in terms of navigating the Internet. The trackball just feels awkward for webpage navigation)

The Storm's web browser has also attracted fans. "The two things I do most are e-mail and browsing," says VanRysdam. "And the browsing experience on the Storm is unlike any other BlackBerry device and as good as the iPhone."

Internet browsing still sucks on the Storm. I'll admit it's much better than using the trackball, but it's still yards behind Safari and Chrome Lite even SkyFire.

I stopped using my Storm after two months. It's just not any fun when you have to do a battery pull at least 4 times a day.
    01-31-09 05:19 PM
    Verizon is awesome, I know some people have had horrible service with them but I don't have a complain at all.
    01-31-09 05:23 PM
    Perfect example..I called to ask about the new official update and they said what your not happy.....I said yes but,....$50 credit...wow now that's service....!!!!! THUMBS UP VZW!@!!!!!!!!
    01-31-09 05:31 PM
    Good article. Thanks for the read.
    01-31-09 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD