i have a storm unlocked for tmobile. my question is is the navigator technically free since im using tmobile or does it still charge you fot the service. the navigator works fine with the phone fully unlocked
    05-05-09 11:06 AM
    It's service based... should only work on Verizon.
    05-05-09 11:08 AM
    You can download point from blackberryappworld.com for free but vz navigator only works w/verizon & is $9.99/mth
    05-05-09 11:10 AM
    yea i found that odd too but it fully works i used it this morning and no problems
    05-05-09 11:10 AM
    VZ navigator = RIPOFF

Buy a physical GPS, better anyways
    05-05-09 11:27 AM
    I agree that a physical GPS is a better -- and, in the long run, far cheaper -- solution. As a backup, though, I've been using amaZe.

m.amazegps.com

If you're a Verizon user, make sure you don't download the first Storm version that comes up on the menu. Scroll down the page to the link for Verizon-specific products.

It's obviously based for European markets and doesn't have as many POIs for the USA, but as a freebie, it's pretty decent, including text to speech directions.
    05-05-09 11:44 AM
    You all seem to be missing the point. He is using an Unlocked Storm with Tmobile EDGE and is getting the service. He wants to know if he will get charged or if he is lucky and can continue to use it.

Obviously we all know that $10 a month is a rippoff.
    05-05-09 11:47 AM
    Let us know if someone ends up charging you something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 11:59 AM
    i had an unlocked storm on att, and yes, i was using the verizon navigator and it was free.
    05-05-09 12:03 PM
    You all seem to be missing the point. He is using an Unlocked Storm with Tmobile EDGE and is getting the service. He wants to know if he will get charged or if he is lucky and can continue to use it.

Obviously we all know that $10 a month is a rippoff.
    I agree, i love the app and use it about once a week, but i cant find one similar that works, before i got my storm i was using it on my curve for free for about a year.
    05-05-09 12:06 PM
    i wished the google GPS had voice
    05-05-09 12:08 PM
    tele nav works on the storm. thats what I use.
    05-05-09 12:15 PM
    thanks mightyjohn for clarifying that for me but jus incase i get some kind of charge i will let yall know
    05-05-09 04:30 PM
    It is "free" for the unlocked storm users I've been using it since I bought the storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 04:35 PM
    Yeah, since it is a Verizon service, and if you use it while with verizon. they know you are using it and they charge you for it. If you are not on verizon, first off, they will not know you are using it, and secondly, even of they did know that you were using it, you don't have a Verizon account so they would have no way to charge you for it.
    05-07-09 12:04 PM
    I'm all for free stuff but does anyone feel like we are getting ripped? People who arent on vzw getting this for free is aggravating to me. More power to them I guess.
    05-07-09 01:01 PM
    did you change any stuff on the setting to get it to work? i keep on getting the 2002 error while trying to find the map of my location.
    05-15-09 12:43 PM
    makes me mad too. There are so many free apps out there that we can use and we cant cause we have verizon.
    for example?

EDIT:

my bad, you're on a curve.

once the developers write code that passes VZW's network certification then you'll be able to use it. the google maps for the storm didn't work at first, then google got it together and VZW passed it for network access, and now we're good to go...
    05-15-09 12:44 PM
    Yeah, since it is a Verizon service, and if you use it while with verizon. they know you are using it and they charge you for it. If you are not on verizon, first off, they will not know you are using it, and secondly, even of they did know that you were using it, you don't have a Verizon account so they would have no way to charge you for it.
    what is "verizom"?

CrackBerry Abuser

Device Model: Storm
    Carrier: Verizom
    PIN: 3064EFEC
    05-15-09 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD