to exchange my phone. I called today about the dust under the screen problem. The CSR said no prob, just need to go to a store to verify and either get an exchange there or CS will mail me one. Go to my nearest store and spoke to the rep about this. The tech/rep verified, but the local store manager said it isn't a manufactuer defect because BB didn't post a bulletin about it. Her "solution" was to hold on to the phone until enough people get this problem and a bulletin is issued. i told them this was unacceptable. I called the VZW CSR again at the store, got a different rep, explained and she told me since the Original Rep had vague notes, only she can authorize an exchange (the original rep already left for the day). So I got pissed and said if this isn't taken care of right now, I will cancel my account and so will my family. I have 3 lines and my parents/siblings combine was 5. It took this threat and actually starting the process of cancelling, the manager "caved" and called VZW to have them send me one.
    Why couldn't she do that in the first place? So, because there's no bulletin out, that means it is not cover under warranty? I really wanted to go bulletistic!
    01-26-09 12:40 AM
    She sounds like she's not a very good manager. A good manager would not have tried to brush you right back out the door but tried to address your concerns and give you solutions. That is what good customer service should be like. But maybe she was just having a bad day.
    01-26-09 12:51 AM
    Sounds like they just didnt want to do anything for most people havent had any problems exchanging for that reason.
    01-26-09 12:51 AM
    that's what she said
    01-26-09 08:46 AM
    I had a h*ll of a time getting my replaced. You can read my post from this afternoon. I am going to call CS first from now on with all my phone troubles, they are ten times as helpful as the people at the store. No matter what they tell you the dust under the screen is a common problem and it needs to be replaced. First I had a dust problem and within a week the screen started clicking like crap, not sure if they are related or coincidence.
    01-26-09 10:51 PM
    The store personnel need a class in CUSTOMER SERVICE!
    01-27-09 06:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD