Nope, I'm not big on the iPhone's uber cluttered UI, and I take some of the things BBs can do for granted (push, and especially the ability to multitask.)
    If you jailbreak it there is a program called backgrounder that will let you multitask. As for the cluttered UI, I modified my ipod touch to show a 5x6 grid of Icons...30 on a page! And I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by tghockey07; 05-12-09 at 11:24 PM.
    05-12-09 11:17 PM
    If you jailbreak it there is a program called backgrounder that will let you multitask.

i wonder what the performance would be like on the iphone if it multi-tasked. how capable is the hardware to support somethign like this currently?
    05-12-09 11:22 PM
    i wonder what the performance would be like on the iphone if it multi-tasked. how capable is the hardware to support somethign like this currently?
    Well its definitely not built for it and its kind of clumsy, but it works and the phone doesn't just freeze. Overall the storm has way better multitasking though.
    05-12-09 11:26 PM
    well we know that a lot of the issues we have with the storm are mainly software restrictions, not limitations of the hardware per se. (anyone see the south park "vampire" episode?)

we wouldn't have to overclock (is it still called that on phones?) to multi-task, where the iphone would maybe need that to multi-task and have the same capabilities of performance that the storm has now.
    05-12-09 11:31 PM
    I think storm is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills iphones and doesn't afraid of anything.

05-13-09 01:09 AM
    I think storm is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills iphones and doesn't afraid of anything.

+1, what he said!
    05-13-09 01:12 AM
    If you're that desperate for an iPhone on Verizon, buy an iPod touch and a MiFi. Add a side of Skype and you're done. :P
    05-13-09 01:18 AM
    I wouldn't switch to an. Iphone. Now the palm pre that's a different story.

05-13-09 08:45 AM
    If its the normal Iphone3G that AT&T has right now, no, I would stay with my storm. But, if it were some really interesting updated Iphone(with 4G LTE techonology), and a different look or something, I might consider it
    05-13-09 09:06 AM
    If you jailbreak it there is a program called backgrounder that will let you multitask. As for the cluttered UI, I modified my ipod touch to show a 5x6 grid of Icons...30 on a page! And I love it.

lol, I hope you're not implying your UI isn't cluttered, because all that crap would **** me off.

I don't want to have to jailbreak and install a bunch of crap to use a feature that should be standard on any "smartphone." I never thought about how much I multitask on my phone until I found out iPhones couldn't do it.
    05-13-09 09:51 AM
    lol, I hope you're not implying your UI isn't cluttered, because all that crap would **** me off.

I don't want to have to jailbreak and install a bunch of crap to use a feature that should be standard on any "smartphone." I never thought about how much I multitask on my phone until I found out iPhones couldn't do it.
    multi-tasking is the reason i got a smart phone in the first place, and blackberry was the best choice at the time

1) multi-tasking
    2) messages, sms/mms/I.M./email
    3) media player (could care of quality, i just play music and take pictures)
    4) VZW

if it meets those requirements, then i'd give it a try. i got some time until the iPhone meets these requirements.
    05-13-09 11:15 AM
    i think the Iphone is a cool device, but the inability to multitask and no push email makes me wana stick with my storm...for all its little quirks, i really do having such a media friendly phone. i think im staying where i am..on the STORM side!!
    It does have push e-mail. My friend got his e-mails right away he showed me.

Anyway, I would get the iphone probably depending on how call quality is on verizon, cause I know on the at&t network it drops a LOT of calls, and the call quality on the phone is pretty bad.
    05-13-09 12:38 PM
    If I go to the iPhone (which is a great phone) I think I am going to miss one HUGE thing from a Blackberry...the menu key. BB's are so customizable that I am probably just going to miss that. The Tour should keep my on the light side.
    05-13-09 03:18 PM
    No iphone here.
    05-14-09 11:50 AM
    hahahaha i'm not sure anything could convince me that the iphone is actually a phone.

it's a great media player (ipod touch) with some attempt at a phone tacked on... i guess if that's what you're into then cool..

i'd rather buy a BB and an ipod touch
    05-14-09 01:00 PM
    do us all a favor and don't buy apple products. they attract zombies.

thank you.

05-14-09 01:06 PM
    Although I think the iphone is fun to play with, I don't think I would get one. The point of the cell phone is to be able to make phone calls without, hopefully, having them dropped, which at+t seems to do a lot of. Even though Verizon can annoy the **** out of me, I think I'll be sticking with them for the calling purpose. They have the most stable network. As for the phone itself, I love my storm. At first, actually pressing the screen was a tough transition, but now I am so comfortable with it that I would rather have it over the traditional touch screen which, to me, seems clumsy and prone to errors. With the storm I know what I'm selecting and then clicking. I'm sticking with my storm, end of story.
    05-14-09 03:47 PM
    The point of the cell phone is to be able to make phone calls without, hopefully, having them dropped, which at+t seems to do a lot of. Even though Verizon can annoy the **** out of me, I think I'll be sticking with them for the calling purpose. They have the most stable network.
    Nobody asked if you'd switch from Verizon to AT&T.................

hahahaha i'm not sure anything could convince me that the iphone is actually a phone.

it's a great media player (ipod touch) with some attempt at a phone tacked on...
    I don't understand these statements. What makes it not a "phone"?
    05-14-09 03:49 PM
    I know, haha. I was making a point and rambling at the same time. Long story short, sticking with the storm was the point I was trying to make. Thanks for bringing me back to earth
    05-14-09 03:52 PM

The fact its on AT&T and the service is horrible.
    05-14-09 04:03 PM
    The fact its on AT&T and the service is horrible.
    Thats beyond debatable. There are places where ATT is better then VZ, and vice-versa. It all depends on location.

That aside, you WILL see an iPhone on VZ no earlier then next year, assuming ATT cant grab another contract extension.

Assuming they wont, you will see it launch after LTE is widespread. This will NOT run on the CDMA network, EVDO, that you use now.
    05-14-09 05:13 PM
    I wonder when LTE will realistically be widespread..both service and devices that run on it.
    05-14-09 06:10 PM
    its still in planning with VZW, and they'll launch first. so any info you hear could change at any time. i get mixed responses from different people, so i'm not gonna get into it right now until i hear a more consistent response internally.
    05-14-09 06:20 PM

seriously?

Originally Posted by kinggeoff

it's a great media player (ipod touch) with some attempt at a phone tacked on...
    apple has a habit of notoriously gimping their products to make them "user friendly" in the process, they kill off most of the device's potential capabilities. Flashy? sure! functional...nnnot so much
    05-14-09 07:52 PM
    switch without hesitation. That is if the Verizon iPhone had the full feature set that Apple gives the AT&T model.
    05-14-09 09:50 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD