Im thinking about switching to verizon just for the storm. But im worried about the internet plane. It seam they have two different kind of internet/email.. I was wondering witch one to go with. I have the curve with t-mobile and I do use it as a modem. What is the main different between the two (Blackberry Solution Unlimited Data Usage for 44.99 & Email and Web for BlackBerry for 29.99) I would like to use it as a modem so if any one can enplane would appreciate the help. Thank you
    11-18-08 09:53 AM
    you will pay 60 with verizon for blackberry email and tethering. that will be email and web for 29.99 and the 30.00 tether add on.)
    11-18-08 09:56 AM
    the 29.99 data plan is for BIS and the 44.99 data plan is for BES.

naturally the majority of us only need BIS unless we are connected to our companies BES server. so the 29.99 plan is what you are looking for.

However, if i am correct, neither one of these plans includes tethering your phone as a modem and that is a separate additional 9.99 a month charge. can somebody confirm this?
    11-18-08 09:57 AM
    So the bis is personal e-mail, and unlimited data correct?
    11-18-08 09:59 AM
    the 29.99 data plan is for BIS and the 44.99 data plan is for BES.

naturally the majority of us only need BIS unless we are connected to our companies BES server. so the 29.99 plan is what you are looking for.

However, if i am correct, neither one of these plans includes tethering your phone as a modem and that is a separate additional 9.99 a month charge. can somebody confirm this?
    This is correct. They will charge tou $30 for tehtering if you have the $30 / BIS plan and $15 for tethering if you have the $45 / BES plan.

They get you for $60 either way...thanks VZW!
    11-18-08 10:00 AM
    plan is limited to 5Gb
    11-18-08 10:33 AM
    I am goin to add the 30 plan when i get the phone just so i have the required setup. but then im going to switch to the 99.99 blackberry plan. 450 minutes and unlimted everything
    11-18-08 10:36 AM
    I am goin to add the 30 plan when i get the phone just so i have the required setup. but then im going to switch to the 99.99 blackberry plan. 450 minutes and unlimted everything
    Can someone confirm if this would require some sort of tethering fee as well? this is the plan I was planning on getting as well
    11-18-08 11:04 AM
    plan is limited to 5Gb
    Actually, the 5GB is the cap for data speeds. After 5GB, you will not be charged for any extra data, however bandwith speeds will be significantly lower.
    11-18-08 11:06 AM
    So the both have a 5gb cap, right?
    11-18-08 11:14 AM
    I'm new to the whole Blackberry world, so I hope this isn't too dumb.

I currently have some form of "air card" that plugs into my laptop and for $60/month I get unlimited data. [Yes, I signed up before they put the 5Gig limit on] When I went to talk to the Verizon guy about the storm, he looked my usage up and its about 6Gig/month.

I currently use for two main things: GoToMyPC, and listening to an internet radio station.

I'd kinda like to consolidate this onto my Storm, but obviously the 5G limit would be a problem, so my question is: while the Storm is tethered, can it still do web browsing on its own? Could I split "the load" and use the tethered connection to do the GoToMyPC, and use the Storm's web browser to do the radio?

thanks, Larry
    11-18-08 12:08 PM
    So the 30 plane do that include any kind of internet connection? Or is that just for emails? And do that have a 5gb limit and is the 45 plane unlimted emails and unlimited internet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 01:19 PM
    So the 30 plane do that include any kind of internet connection? Or is that just for emails? And do that have a 5gb limit and is the 45 plane unlimted emails and unlimited internet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    The $30 dollar BIS plan includes email and surfing the web from your phone. Not tethering it to a computer.
    11-18-08 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD