FWIW - I've been talking to this same guy at telesales who took my bame and number this week. He said he GUARANTEES that they will have it avaiable before the Best Buys or Verizon stores. He also guarantees (based on the calls they are getting) that the Storm will be sold out everywhere within a week and will be backordered.

Now you can waste your time telling me that the guy I spoke to doesn't know anything, but I am just telling you what I was told

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 11:04 AM
    The guy you spoke to doesn't know anything.....:-)

11-06-08 11:07 AM
    I believe that he told you that. However, I can guarantee that he has no idea when telesales, Best Buy, or VZW stores will have the phone. I think he is trying to keep your business.
    11-06-08 11:25 AM

Your wasting your time.....LOL LOL
    11-06-08 11:25 AM
    I believe that he told you that. However, I can guarantee that he has no idea when telesales, Best Buy, or VZW stores will have the phone. I think he is trying to keep your business.
    ^ I know.

I am hoping that being on 3 "lists" (his, best buy pre-order, and an independant VZ store) will get me one at the outset.

11-06-08 11:31 AM

TIME WASTERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

lol

i dont care if im the very first to ever have the phone, in fact id rather let some other people work out the bugs lol. But i am in a rush for them to actually releae the damn thing and get the show moving!

i wouldnt mind waiting a week or 2 if needed after release, but not even an announcement is pissing me off
    11-06-08 11:42 AM
    At most, this is a guarantee that Verizon will delay delivery to Best Buy in the event of additional delays in order to make sure that it hits corporate stores before it hits Best Buy.
    11-06-08 06:19 PM
    every person i spoke to had different answers which proves to me that nobody knows anything. until its proven otherwise everything you hear from everyone is just speculation.
    11-06-08 06:33 PM
    every person i spoke to had different answers which proves to me that nobody knows anything. until its proven otherwise everything you hear from everyone is just speculation.
    lol love your avatar.
    11-06-08 06:36 PM
    until its proven otherwise everything you hear from everyone is just speculation.
    Yes, 98.3 % of EVERYTHING posted here is speculation, it's even speculation that the Storm will be out before the year 2010.

That's why I put big FWIW at the beginning of my post.
    11-06-08 06:41 PM
    Yes, 98.3 % of EVERYTHING posted here is speculation, it's even speculation that the Storm will be out before the year 2010.

That's why I put big FWIW at the beginning of my post.
    i get ya just the title makes it appear so.

lol love your avatar.
    thanks, everytime i see it i think of jimmy getting offered drugs
    11-06-08 07:36 PM
    Verizon tele sales always have new phones available before the Vzw stores. Best Buy, a couple days later. Nothing new here.
    11-06-08 08:15 PM
    In no way shape or form will Best Buy sell the 9530 before Verizon.
    11-06-08 08:18 PM
    That's right. Don't be fooled by Best Buy's 'pre-order'.
    11-06-08 08:23 PM
    So perhaps I should get my deposit back and not even wait. I'm already on a couple so-called lists, including one independent dealer (Verizon only) and one telesales guy who said I was 7th on his list to call?
    Last edited by hal1; 11-06-08 at 08:28 PM.
    11-06-08 08:25 PM
    So perhaps I should get my deposit back and not even wait. I'm already on a couple so-called lists, including one telesales guy who said I was 7th on his list to call?
    Thats up to you Hal. All I'm saying is they will not sell it before Verizon. You can stay on their list, no biggie. I would say your best bet is to contact your local VZW store and speak with the manager. Get on a list, or be there when they open on release day. But nothings wrong with Best Buy, they just won't sell it first.
    11-06-08 08:28 PM
    Your best bet is to get ahold of someone in telesales. I became friendly with one and got his email address. For awhile he would even forward internal Docs on the storm. Also keep in mind that if you are already a Verizon customer, Telesales can move up your upgrade date and offer better discounts.
    11-06-08 10:18 PM
    Your best bet is to get ahold of someone in telesales. I became friendly with one and got his email address. For awhile he would even forward internal Docs on the storm. Also keep in mind that if you are already a Verizon customer, Telesales can move up your upgrade date and offer better discounts.
    Yeah, every one is telling me that my telesales guy is FOS, but he insists he'll call me as soon as he can, he gave me his direct line and took my number. says he'll give me the internet price (new contract price, I guess) less any rebates, less my NE2.

BTW, I am past my 2 year contract.

Oh, and Best Buy still wants to charge me activation fee (cough, bs)
    11-06-08 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD