Is there any way to get "Media Manager" unlocked on Verizon Wireless Storm? Are there any other features that Verizon blocks that can be unlocked?
    12-06-08 01:38 AM
    Huh? MM works fine.
    12-06-08 01:43 AM
    Huh? MM works fine.
    Do you have Verizon? My "Media Manager" is greyed out. I installed the Desktop software I downloaded from Blackberry with the Media Manager option but when connected, the only options I have out of the three are Music Synch and Rhapsody. The center tab which is Media Manager isn't available. I assumed it was a feature that Verizon doen't want you to have. I used to have an LG VX8600 that was easilly hacked via Bitpim.
    12-06-08 03:24 PM
    I have Verizon and Media Manager works? Well, I use that term loosely, as it doesn't work reliably, but that's a story for another day...
    12-06-08 03:38 PM
    Mine was greyed out as well...I downloaded it off the Blackberry.com website, installed it, and it works fine now.
    12-06-08 03:40 PM
    I know this sounds too simple but did you actually install MM? You have to do a custom install or whatever it's called where you can select it. A typical install will not install MM by default.
    12-06-08 03:47 PM
    I was just using it last night. It's a typical Roxio product (i.e. a steaming pile) but it functioned. And I'm on Verizon.
    12-06-08 03:50 PM
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that...I've NEVER had a Roxio product that worked right.
    12-06-08 04:00 PM
    Mine works fine w/ VZW.......rephrase....button there; its works. However, the Media Manager is VERY buggy, slow, & likes to freeze up in middle of transferring especially video files.

I sometimes have to revert to opening Storm in My Computer & manually transfer video files to Media Card. Interestingly, with Mass Storage Mode Support = OFF (under Options:Memory), only Music folder shows up. You can manually add a Video folder & transfer. Then, it places this folder as a sub folder of Music that is only seen in Media Manager??!! When you reopen My Computer later it is missing? HOWEVER, regardless, the video files show up correctly under video icon on Storm.

Why is Mass Storage Mode Support = OFF you say........well it is the only way to get Rhapsody to allow transferring the Subscribed music to device. I do not really know why.
    12-06-08 04:04 PM
    they have versions of DM on the site with and without media manager. i'm guessing you downloaded the version without it....
    12-06-08 04:12 PM
    Is there any way to get "Media Manager" unlocked on Verizon Wireless Storm? Are there any other features that Verizon blocks that can be unlocked?
    Classic Case of
    http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...kuorg/fail.jpg
    12-06-08 07:06 PM
    the media manager works.. but you don't need it anyway just enable mass storage and drop your songs on the card.. media manager is a pos
    12-06-08 07:13 PM
    I have it and again, must be the odd one out, but I've NEVER had a problem with it in any version of DM I've used. I use it all the time for videos, photos, music and ringtones and it works very well for me.
    12-06-08 10:00 PM
    You likely installed the version "without" Media Manager as there are several types (including multi-lang, eng, all with or without MM)........ Or, you installed with MM, but didn't let the installation completely finish, and MM never got installed (which takes a while)....
    12-06-08 10:10 PM
    Works fine for me. Try downloading media manager again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 10:11 PM
    mine works just fine? installed from the CD that came with my storm.
    12-06-08 11:05 PM
    What version of DM are you using? If not 4.7 download & use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 11:19 PM
    Unless you use BES and your BES admin blocks its usage using IT Policies.
    12-06-08 11:51 PM
    I know this sounds too simple but did you actually install MM? You have to do a custom install or whatever it's called where you can select it. A typical install will not install MM by default.
    Yep! That was the case. I reinstalled and did a custom install and selected the option and VOILA! it works, albeit buggy and not worth the effort.

I think I shall try to copy stuff over directly to the folders and see how that works.
    12-08-08 01:17 PM
    I have Verizon and Media Manager works? Well, I use that term loosely, as it doesn't work reliably, but that's a story for another day...
    Yeah, gotta really agree with yo on that! MM Sucks big-time on my computer!!! I use BB Media Center Sync to mange my Itunes Playlists on my Storm, but forget trying to use MM for pictures, etc. I just use windows explorer and open the folders I need to move pictures and videos onto and off of the Storm MM is so slow it's unuseable for me..
    12-08-08 01:53 PM
    copy n' paste FTW
    12-08-08 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD