I had not received any BB Messenger or Emails since last night. So this morning i did a battery pull..

Next thing i know my phone is vibrating my hand numb. I now just received all my emails and BB Messenger messages from last night through this morning.

Does anybody know why that is?? I've never experienced that before.

Thanks in advance
    06-17-09 07:27 AM
    I had not received any BB Messenger or Emails since last night. So this morning i did a battery pull..

Next thing i know my phone is vibrating my hand numb. I now just received all my emails and BB Messenger messages from last night through this morning.

Thanks in advance
    What OS is on your storm? and sometimes the storms have been known to lose the data connection... a battery pull is the fix...also go options>advandced>host routing table>bbkey>registar now
    06-17-09 07:40 AM
    running .148 Verizon
    06-17-09 07:44 AM
    running .148 Verizon
    hmm odd but like i said it has been known to happen. Just watch your signal if it goes from 1X or 1XEV to 1x or 1xev...batt pull
    06-17-09 07:46 AM
    I work in a deep dark basement and when I'm out of service for a while, ~several minutes, I lose the data connection it can take anywhere from a few minutes to 1/2 a day to comeback after I leave. the easiest solution is to open the connection manager and turn the radio off and then back on. Also, when in the connection manager, you can hit the BBkey to bring up the menu and the status to check if you have a data connection. Mine normally says only cellular service until I turn the radio on/off.
    06-17-09 07:54 AM
    Also, I have a theme where the network manager can be accessed by clicking the radio icon on the home screen. It only takes a few seconds to reset the connection. Much better than a battery pull.
    06-17-09 07:57 AM
    Also, I have a theme where the network manager can be accessed by clicking the radio icon on the home screen. It only takes a few seconds to reset the connection. Much better than a battery pull.
    I'm with Dog, just use Manage Connect Icon, to turn off then back on the Network radio and this should refresh your data connection. It's not unusual for the Storm, or any BB to lose it's data connection once and a while, BUT if it happens a LOT then you should start looking for a fix.
    06-17-09 10:17 AM

Thanks in advance
    i also got the same problem on .148..i usually use my "quickpull app" to reset the phone and get my messages. kind of annoying but shiet..what else can i do?!
    06-17-09 10:39 AM
    Thanks everybody
    06-17-09 02:53 PM
    Had this problem yesterday. Go to option>advanced options>host routing table and then Register. Also log into BIS and resend service books. That did it for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 03:49 PM
    Had this problem yesterday. Go to option>advanced options>host routing table and then Register. Also log into BIS and resend service books. That did it for me.

where do you go to log into the BIS and resend service book?
    06-18-09 12:08 AM
    You can either go to the email set-up app on your phone and log in there or go to verizon's BIS website. (If you want that site you can just google verizon BIS and it should be right at the top)
    06-18-09 04:26 AM
    06-20-09 10:24 PM
    I get this from time to time, and all it takes for me is going into Manage Connections, Turning all connections off (and waiting until the icon shows that the radio is off), then turning them back on. I would highly recommend this before battery pulls or whatever else people are suggesting. It is the simplest fix and will work most of the time. If it doesn't, then choose to take the more drastic fixes.
    06-21-09 04:50 AM
    This used to happen to me. In a lab at work there is no cell signal. Anytime I was in the lab for a long period of time and I left I would have to turn off and on the network connection in order to return to having service. I found out that if you change you "Network Technology" setting under "Mobile Network" in your options screen from "Global" to "1XEV" this problem goes away!
    06-21-09 09:42 AM
    There was a data outage in texas this weekend.

06-21-09 09:54 AM
    OS: 5.00.713 You ppl rock! This stupid and frequent issue has been driving me nuts. At the very least I won't need to reboot all the bloody time anymore. Thank you!
    Last edited by Starbase_009; 07-13-10 at 07:20 AM.
    07-13-10 07:01 AM
    I am on verizon and this happened to me. Running .328. resent service books etc. Sent myself some messages and did not get them....anyway, they all started coming in at once later in the day. I think it is a verizon issue.
    07-13-10 08:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD