I just recently bought the Storm and so far I am reasonably satisfied. I do have a couple of things that are driving me nuts. The first one is a relatively serious issue. I backed up all of my contacts utilizing the Verizon Backup Assistant with my previous phone (a RAZR) and I cannot figure out how to now download those contacts to my Storm.

Tha second issue is just a preference and if it is possible to easily do, I would like to know about it. The sound for clicking keys is by default a beep. I would like to change the default key click to a click sound rather than a beep.

I appreciate any help anyone could provide. I am new to the BlackBerry world, but learning fast.
    11-24-08 11:25 AM
    To your first issue -- Backup Assistant is not supported on Blackberries, only on non-smartphones. Best thing to do is to go in to the store and they should transfer for free between your old and new phone.

To the second issue, this may require some finagling to replace the audio file used by this function. To my knowledge, the storm does not have a click option.

Hope that helps.
    11-24-08 11:45 AM
    VZW may try to charge you for a phone book transfer in store but if you complain a little it will be free. Also there is no need to keep the Backup Assistant so if you are paying for it you can now save a few dollars.
    11-24-08 11:54 AM
    Thanks, that is what I was thinking.
    11-24-08 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD