Maybe you should try this:

450 Minute Plan - $39.99 (before military discount)
    BIS - $29.99
    Unlim in w/500 out of network messages: $10.00

Saves you a few bucks, depending on how you use your phone.
    This is probably the best route to go.

I was under the $99.99 Family Select plan with 700 mins before getting my BB. I downgraded to 550 mins (gf and i barely use 200 mins a month) for $59.99. Added $10 txt message for each line ($20) and added $30 BIS. So technically, even though I'm getting 150 mins less, I paid $10 more for BIS compared to my previous plan..plus I get my discount on top.

What is this "FEATURE DISCOUNT"? I get 15% off my voice plan, 25% off accessories and just noticed I get a 20% feature discount. Never saw this before I had the BB. Is it for the data?
    01-06-09 09:36 AM
    After seeing a few bill threads, it got me to thinking about my bill and I called big red and got 0 answers. they kept throwing out crap that i dodnt understand so maybe someone here can guide me with what to say when i call them back.

right now i am paying $99/month for unlimited data and a 450 min voice plan. i saw in another thread that it should be around $60 but verizon told me i was wrong. am i missing something here?

background - i am 22 and live on a base so no need for all this fancy business stuff. just the smallest amount of minutes and unlimited texts/aim/espn/internets/data
    450 Min with Unlimited txt - $59.99
    Date (web/email) - $ 29.99
    taxes goes somewhere from 15% - 20%

That should hellp you find what will be the lowest $$$ amount based on your needs.

Bellow is the price of each plan, the prices bellow are for unlimited txt.

450 min - $59.99
    900 min - $79.99
    1350 min - $99.99
    Unlimited min - $119.99

Add $29.99 for data and there is your total befores taxes...

Just choose your plan now...
    01-06-09 09:55 AM
    I have the 400 minute plan for 39.99 plus 10.00 txt plan, but they have me on the 44.95 data plan instead of the BIS 29.99. Will have to swing by after work at talk to VZW the system were down lauch day so they screwed up.
    01-06-09 10:46 AM
    thanks guys, i guess the $99/mo is the plan i want. i just got a little confusedwith seeing a bunch of numbers and thought they were pulling a fast one on me. thanks for the help
    01-06-09 11:02 AM
    you are on a core choice plan. youre data plan is included in the monthly access charge so with your discount youre taking full advantage of it. if you were on the select plan you would only get your 15% off the 59.99 and charged the 29.99 or 44.99 at no discount. so being on the core choice plan that includes your data, your getting 15% from 99.99. it is also $15 a month to tether on a core choice plan and not $30. So essentially you have the $45 data plan and not the $30 but because the discount is only off monthly access and not features, your better off. if your interested in tethering then your absolutely on the best plan and if you need corporate email then you cant have the $29.99 data plan.
    01-06-09 11:07 AM
    After seeing a few bill threads, it got me to thinking about my bill and I called big red and got 0 answers. they kept throwing out crap that i dodnt understand so maybe someone here can guide me with what to say when i call them back.

right now i am paying $99/month for unlimited data and a 450 min voice plan. i saw in another thread that it should be around $60 but verizon told me i was wrong. am i missing something here?

background - i am 22 and live on a base so no need for all this fancy business stuff. just the smallest amount of minutes and unlimited texts/aim/espn/internets/data
    I think the $60 you reference in your middle paragraph that you saw in other threads refers to the total amount for a data plan plus tethering. On top of this you would also have your phone plan.

Sounds great that you got the 15% discount.

And thank you for your service to our country. As a veteran of another war at another time, I am especially grateful to you and all of your buddies for the sacrifaces you are making to keep all of us secure.
    01-06-09 11:14 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD