Has anyone ever heard of a C-4 Discount or code at VZW? When I upgraded my sons phone a few month ago without being eligible, the store mgr told the sales guy to use the C4 to get me the discounted price. It didn't change any dates on my account. I�m wondering what that code is and if we could use that to get the discount even b4 the upgrade is due.
    11-17-08 12:14 PM
    Is that the one where you tell them to give you a discount, or you are going to blow the store to smithereens?
    11-17-08 12:21 PM
    right... I am actually serious about it... the new sales rep didnt know what to do and the mgr told him to use the c4...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 01:15 PM
    I believe it is the 4th tier of the Corp Discount(5000-9999 employees).
    Mine is currently C5(10000+ Employees).

Usually on the handsets that are in highest demand, Dare, Storm, etc....the pricing is the same as a retail customer, but we get an instant discount instead of a mail in rebate....

Hope this helps
    11-17-08 01:21 PM

Usually on the handsets that are in highest demand, Dare, Storm, etc....the pricing is the same as a retail customer, but we get an instant discount instead of a mail in rebate....

Hope this helps
    That's good to know. I also get a company discount (10000+ employees). I didn't know that it was called "C5". That could be useful because, this Friday, I plan to buy my Storms at a store not close to where my employer is, which may make them a bit less knowledgeable about the discounts we get. Until the last go around, it didn't occur to me that the company discount is why I never have to wait for rebates.

-SR-
    11-17-08 01:32 PM
    If you get the corp discount shoudln't that show on your account when the Vz stor rep pulls it up??

I know the discount we get from my wife's Corp discount displays whenever I log into the online verizon site
    11-17-08 02:09 PM
    yes, your corporate status should show when they pull up your acct at the store. THis wasn't always the case, and they wanted us to only deal with our corporate rep.. what a pain that was!!

The last couple phone upgrades I have made were very smooth.. got the instant rebate (because of being corporate) and they even reminded me that I received a 25% discount on accessories.. how nice of them! lol

The store I go to most often is not very close to my work at all.

Hope that Helps.

Jamie
    11-17-08 02:27 PM
    Is that the one where you tell them to give you a discount, or you are going to blow the store to smithereens?
    lmao!!!!!!!
    11-17-08 02:28 PM
    If you get the corp discount shoudln't that show on your account when the Vz stor rep pulls it up??

I know the discount we get from my wife's Corp discount displays whenever I log into the online verizon site
    I know mine shows for them and for me (when I login to MyAccount online). In fact, I think that just started this year. Before that, I always had to bring in my work badge so they could photocopy it for verification. I remember the first time (a few years ago), I think I actually might have had to fill out a form or something. This last time, though, they didn't even ask to see my badge. I also noticed recently that the name of my employer shows up at the top of MyAccount page when I'm logged in.

I've just never bought my phones from any other store beside the VZW store close to my office. I would expect them to know what's up since they get plenty of other customers from my employer, but I've never tried to translate that experience to another store. Seems like their current way of doing things should prevent confusion, though. That's reassuring.

-SR-
    11-17-08 04:31 PM

Hope this helps
    Thanks for the info. I did get a mail in rebate as well. I believe $50... My account is not a corp acct, it's personal and VIP and nothing shows anywhere on my account or the receipt. Don't know what that guy did, but I was one happy camper...
    11-17-08 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD