according to verizon the first update was released on 11/21 which was when the phones were released.
    vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/download.aspx?ct=personal
    11-24-08 09:57 PM
    Then I'll say it: I DOUBT YOU! You only have 4 posts, and to just come in here with some "info" like that raises doubts...
    God I hate when people give credibility based on Post Count.
    FAIL.

Just because someone is new to the forum doesn't mean they're new to Verizon/RIM/technology. Fool.
    11-24-08 09:58 PM
    I feel like everyone on here is my family now! I'm awaiting my NE2, to grab up a storm, but I have been closely watching "Storm-ania 2008" via crackberry. It's like a Thanksgiving dinner table with the whole family on these threads!
    11-24-08 10:02 PM
    God I hate when people give credibility based on Post Count.
    FAIL.

Just because someone is new to the forum doesn't mean they're new to Verizon/RIM/technology. Fool.
    I wasn't talking to you. Go away.
    11-24-08 10:03 PM
    I wasn't talking to you. Go away.
    You're on a forum. You're talking with the general public. Try private messages if you're that concerned about other people entering your conversations.
    11-24-08 10:05 PM
    Ohhh Noooossssss

Didtn someon herr say teh updatw was coning oot this pass weeekend?!?!?11!?

Posted from my VZW Sotrm at wapforums.crcckberryc.om
    Looks like this guy types on his Storm about as well as I do. Maybe when the OTA update comes out it will magically shrink my thumbs.
    11-24-08 10:11 PM
    Talked to rim and verizon corp and tech support today and on all 4 occasions I got the same answer, all said the first part of december. I wouldn't say it if I hadn't heard it on many levels
    11-24-08 10:12 PM
    i was at a vzw corp store today an the rep who was well informed about the phone and epsecially issues said the update would be coming "next week" or she might have said "in a week" either way, its about a week, which jives with what your saying kinda.
    11-24-08 10:13 PM
    Guys............I have no reason to bull****..........The rep told me there was an available OTA update for those devices on OS ending in .61 and that the next scheduled update is for December 8th.

I will follow up in a few days to see if that is still accurate

Hope my info is able to help everyone
    11-24-08 10:37 PM
    .61? don't you mean .65? .61 people already got their update........ or so I thought.
    11-24-08 10:52 PM
    .61? don't you mean .65? .61 people already got their update........ or so I thought.
    I meant what I said...........For any phones still on .61 which evidently there are some............There is an OTA update available to them.

For everyone else on .65, you will have to wait until October 8th

It does make sense as maybe thats why new phones will not ship until the 15th and will not ship without the updated OS is my assumption
    11-24-08 10:59 PM
    Gotcha! Sorry for the confusion
    11-24-08 11:01 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD