I just got off the phone with my corporate Verizon representative and was offiicially informed that we will not be receiving the next update to the Storm until December 8th and my rep could not verify what version would be released at that time.

I hope this helps everyone so no one sits around and waits for the next week
    11-24-08 08:18 PM
    I'm about 99.99% confident that we would know a definate date prior to a typical verizon rep. Not to say I doubt you, I'm just going off of past history.
    11-24-08 08:23 PM
    I am not going to lie but I heard the fifth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 08:25 PM
    I believe that we will know before most of them also...

however once again its not set in stone until its actually there so I just don't even think about it and when it comes it comes.

How many dates did we argue about the release of the storm?

2, 16 , 23, 15, 11 I cant even remember all of them..

noone knows until its officially announced things can change fast.

so my suggestion is this.

YES a update will come worry about when (try not to think about it)
    11-24-08 08:26 PM
    Whats new with Verizon. I blame this guy right here for having so many friends.

11-24-08 08:27 PM
    It's time for the next edition of the release date lottery! First it was the Bold's release, then each carrier's release of 4.5, the Storm's announcement, the Storm's release date, the Storm's shipping date, and now the next 4.7 OS version release date!
    11-24-08 08:41 PM
    I was at a VZW corporate store today to pick up a holster and they told me Dec 8th also
    11-24-08 08:45 PM
    I saw 2 interesting VZW documents today... One was dated the 21st and stated that a "enhancement release" would be coming out in "Early December". The second document was dated yesterday (the 23rd) and listed many of the issues that are occuring and stated that a planning meeting was to take place today (the 24th) to decide how they were going to address them.
    11-24-08 08:53 PM
    Hahaha we're playing the release date he-said she-said game all over again! Why is my life so hilarious?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 08:57 PM
    I saw 2 interesting VZW documents today... One was dated the 21st and stated that a "enhancement release" would be coming out in "Early December". The second document was dated yesterday (the 23rd) and listed many of the issues that are occuring and stated that a planning meeting was to take place today (the 24th) to decide how they were going to address them.
    GRAND! They're just planning for how to deal with the problems? Planning - Organizing - Setting Milestones - Actually Developing Solutions - Testing - Giving to Verizon - Testing - Loading onto our Storms.

Oh well, I'm sure the phone runs fine.
    11-24-08 08:58 PM
    I heard its coming out tomorrow or thursday or friday or sometime the next week or before christmas but maybe right after the new year and in time for summer. so its all good!
    11-24-08 08:59 PM
    i wanted it now.

Oh well, I guess we will have to live with a little laggy accelerometer for a while. Other than that though, there aren't too many things that are driving me nuts
    11-24-08 09:02 PM
    yah its not bad , i just then the faster the better but o well . i will survive with my half screen lol
    11-24-08 09:08 PM
    how about everybody just wait till its actually released and stop speculating? By the way. My storm has no problems whatsoever. Nothing is slow about it, nothing shuts down, i love it. Not one single problem or complaint
    11-24-08 09:09 PM
    Well I was told when its really coming out... All I can say because I was sworn to secrecy by the "Can you hear my now" guy... It will be out on a day that ends in 'Y' lol.
    11-24-08 09:09 PM
    how about everybody just wait till its actually released and stop speculating? By the way. My storm has no problems whatsoever. Nothing is slow about it, nothing shuts down, i love it. Not one single problem or complaint
    Hm... pretty biased post. Other people are having problems! You're fairy dream world may be great to you, but everyone else on these boards doesn't give a **** if your Storm works great. Those who are having problems want the issues fixed, so why don't you stop checking the BLACKBERRY STORM HELP AND DISCUSSION Forum and you'll be oblivious to any complaints.
    11-24-08 09:13 PM
    well a friend of a cousin of of my uncle told me he heard from a corp rep who heard from his manager that a update will be out december 7th. lol.. seriously are we going through this game again?
    11-24-08 09:14 PM
    Looks like I made a halfway decent decision to spend my money on Christmas presents this year vs getting a Storm as soon as RIM shoveled them out of the oven...

I can wait till Jan/Feb, believe me. Hopefully by then enough of the bugs/glitches/annoyances will have been fixed, so I can actually test whether or not I'd like one using a model that's a bit more polished.
    Hats-off to you early adopters though.
    11-24-08 09:15 PM
    I was told a few weeks by a vzw rep today. I guess only time will tell.
    11-24-08 09:17 PM
    Well the verizon website now says orders shipping around 12/8 instead of 12/15 now, so it sounds like it would be right
    11-24-08 09:18 PM
    oh yeah?! well i just tried the OTA update and it worked.

its already out.
    11-24-08 09:20 PM
    This phone rocks. Updates are a bonus perhaps, but I love this phone!!
    11-24-08 09:26 PM
    Is it possible that VZW and RIM realize how incredibly pissed its customers are, so they quote a date (lets say the 8th for conversation's sake) for the release of the update, and then spring that badboy on the 5th and look like superstars?! Then everyone is thinking "3 days early...fantastic!!"
    11-24-08 09:40 PM
    Ohhh Noooossssss

Didtn someon herr say teh updatw was coning oot this pass weeekend?!?!?11!?

Posted from my VZW Sotrm at wapforums.crcckberryc.om
    11-24-08 09:54 PM
    Not to say I doubt you, I'm just going off of past history.
    Then I'll say it: I DOUBT YOU! You only have 4 posts, and to just come in here with some "info" like that raises doubts...
    11-24-08 09:55 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD