When I initially setup my email accounts on BIS they all had similar or the same mailbox names. For example, they were all [email protected], [email protected], etc. The problem was I could not differentiate the mailboxes on the device. They all appeared as "joesschm..." (except for yahoo because you get the little yahoo symbol on that mailbox). I have now changed the mailbox name on BIS to Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. It changed the mailbox names on my device without a problem. However, I cannot change the name of my blackberry.net mailbox. I have tried to change it on the verizon bis website and on my storm. It gives me an error message saying it cannot authenticate the email account and will not let me change it so it remains joeschmoe... Not the worst thing in the world because it is the only mailbox on my device like that so I know what it is, but I was wondering if anyone was able to successfully change theirs and how did you do it?
    12-21-08 03:35 PM
    Yes, I have changed my VZW BB address. I did it the same way you changed your other ones. I don't know why it is giving you a problem for that specific one though. Can you try again?
    12-21-08 03:43 PM
    I still can't change the mailbox name. I do not want to change the address. Just the name on the mailbox as it appears on my device. For example, when I log into BIS and click on edit for my gmail account the first item is "mailbox name." Then the reply to email address, etc. I changed the mailbox name from my name@gmail to Gmail so that is what it says on my device. I left the reply to address and the email address on the account the same. However, for the blackberry.net account it does not give a mailbox option. It just says email account name and replay to address. No option to change the mailbox name.
    Last edited by Stides; 12-21-08 at 03:55 PM.
    12-21-08 03:51 PM
    That's weird. Because you're doing everything correctly.
    12-21-08 03:57 PM
    When you're logged into BIS. Go next to the VZW address you want to rename and click edit. Then change the email account name line.
    12-21-08 03:58 PM
    I tried to do that. I'm logged in online and I try to edit the account name....to change it from [email protected] to just Blackberry.net so it shows up on my device as "Blackberry.net." It says there is an error occurred in email account validation and asks me to re-enter.
    12-21-08 04:39 PM
    You're not doing anything wrong. Try calling VZW and see if there is an issue with the service right now.
    12-21-08 04:48 PM
    I just deleted the account and started over and it seems to have worked. Thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate it.
    12-21-08 04:51 PM
    Hey, that sounds great and quite a simple fix as well. Sorry that I couldn't give you more info because you were doing everything right!
    12-21-08 05:11 PM
    well i had the exact same problem with my BIS name and changing properties. actually the issue with mine was that for some reason an extra character was added to my password that was saved... I deleted and re-added the password and it authenticated immediately.... Just in case you haven't deleted your name yet!

Hope this helps
    12-21-08 05:27 PM
    I added my e-mail accounts to my storm (1 comcast and 1 yahoo). But I don't think I was ever in the bis blackberry site. It is asking for a user name and password. Should I create one if I already have e-mail accounts as above?
    Sorry, I am new to this/
    12-21-08 05:30 PM
    What's tge bis websight?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 05:39 PM
    What's tge bis websight?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BIS

Click on that link.
    12-21-08 06:02 PM
    I apparently don't have a user name and password. I wasn't sure if had logged into it or not. After giving it my PIN and MEID, it told me I already have an account but no user ID or password. Then it suggested I log in from my blackberry.
    Please assume I know nothing and instruct me as to what web site I should go to from my BB and how to get a user ID and password.
    Thanks
    12-21-08 06:30 PM
    I apparently don't have a user name and password. I wasn't sure if had logged into it or not. After giving it my PIN and MEID, it told me I already have an account but no user ID or password. Then it suggested I log in from my blackberry.
    Please assume I know nothing and instruct me as to what web site I should go to from my BB and how to get a user ID and password.
    Thanks
    I think you need to to go to your email setup on your device and either enable or create a web login for bis. Once you do this, you can then go to the BIS website using the link above and enter the login and password (it may take a few minutes) and you should then be able to login. I know some people have called verizon tech support and had them set it up for them. Sorry I don't know enough to walk you through it. Just look around your email setup to create that web login. If it isn't apparent from in the settings on email setup try hitting the blackberry button while in email setup and see if it is in that menu. This thread may also help:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...bis-issue.html

or this may even be better:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/vzw...oblems-110781/

check out post #10

"you need to go to email setup, and then bb key, select create username from menu, set one up and use that for bis web login."

I think I had to do this on my handset and create a bis login there. I then was able to go to the web and login. I looked and the option is no longer there, but that may because I did it already. Setting email and blackberry.net email on the device gets you started but it does not give you a bis login.
    12-21-08 11:47 PM
    Stides,

Thanks so much for that post - you helped me out a ton. Just searched for this and you have the best answer out there :-)
    02-17-09 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD