I came from a non-Blackberry phone so I used Verizon Backup Assistant to get my contacts into my new Storm 2. Fine and dandy except now I realize I need the email addresses also. So I go online to Verizon and enter all the ones I need. Now I can't get the new updated contacts to transfer to my phone with the new info.

Lucky for me I did a Export and now have the updated CVS file on my hard drive. Sync on the Verizon website does not work, nor does using the Backup Assistant on my phone as all it wants to do is Backup my phone to the online data. Tried to remove BA off my phone, but it does not want to go away! Online support at Verizon, was gee no one else is having a problem!

Yeah sure.
    IF I could take BA off my phone now and reload from new I think it might work... Ideas?
    07-01-10 02:18 PM
    Do you have a gmail account? Use Google Sync insead of the lousy BA.

Even if you don't have a gmail account -- or you have one, but don't want to sync it -- just open a new one. You can import your CVS file to your new gmail address book, then sync with your BB.

To download Google Sync, go to m.google.com on your BB, then click on the link.
    07-01-10 08:01 PM
    I gave up and just re-entered into the phone all the emails. Not that many but it took maybe 45 minutes. Something that seems to be so simple to do, so much time wasted. The Verizon website sucks, with all the Flash, heavy with graphics and videos. I don't give a D**m how much gee whiz stuff there is for the kids, I just want to get something done and move on!

On an better note, the more I use the Storm the better I like it. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    Last edited by wmgeorge; 07-01-10 at 08:35 PM.
    07-01-10 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD