Ok Ive had my Storm 9530 for about a month now. Its my first Blackberry so it took me a while to get used to but after reading Crackberry forums non-stop it didnt take me long to learn everything about it, except this..

For years ive had Verizon, nothing else, and ive had regular phones. When I bought the Storm i knew it would be a **** of a lot different from the regular phones but I was wondering..

Are there any Verizon applications like VCast (not talking about VCast Music)? What about Mobile TV? Or the lil Get It Now thing where you can download the ringtones/ringback tones, games, and other applications like Song ID? Cause I really loved using that Song ID..lol.

Somebody school me on how Verizon doesnt put its applications on Blackberry..thanx
    02-24-09 12:49 AM
    Well unfortunately none of those services except for Vcast (in a way), Vcast music with Rhapsody, and VZ Nav are available for the Blackberry's. The phones are a different platform (BREW) that they just haven't taken the time to make for Blackberry's. Some Vcast videos are available at m.vcast.com from your phone's browser. Vcast music with rhapsody and vznav are both subscription services, but are available.

Anything else you'll have to look for other apps for.
    02-24-09 12:57 AM
    i think its because of rim verizon has phones made to there system and there ways. most of there phones are made just for verizon the bb is not. my best guess.
    02-24-09 12:59 AM
    Yea that makes sense...I just wish there was still someway I can get that Song ID for my Storm, or at least from a decent third party developer but since the Storm is still so new guess no one has came out with one yet..
    02-24-09 01:03 AM
    Yea, Song ID is a nice service to have for sure. That I agree.
    02-24-09 01:11 AM
    Yea that makes sense...I just wish there was still someway I can get that Song ID for my Storm, or at least from a decent third party developer but since the Storm is still so new guess no one has came out with one yet..
    download Nobex Radio Companion on the BB Site. It won't give you songid analysis but it will give you the current (s) song on the terrestrial radio station you heard it on. It's pretty solid and when you find it, you can have song name and title sent via email.
    02-24-09 01:13 AM
    I'm guessing that a lot of the apps you are used to seeing via Get-It-Now will probably be released when the App Store opens.
    02-24-09 01:58 AM
    None of the VzW apps are available for any of their smartphones. The Storm is the first to get the rhapsody service.
    02-24-09 03:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD