I'm on my 3rd new 9550 ( getting tired of setting up & re-installing apps )
    After 45 to 60 seconds on a phone call ( both incoming & calls initiated by me ) the person on the other end cannot hear me ( I can hear them fine ) this does not happen with speakerphone or with bluetooth headset ... only with actual phone microphone.
    Have spent many hours with Verizon & BlackBerry techs to no avail ... they claim they've not experienced this before.
    I really like the device, but, if you can't make a phone call on a cell phone ???
    Anyone else have this experience ??
    04-10-10 03:31 PM
    no, and if a battery pull or reload won't fix it, Verizon needs to swap the phone. simple as that. (assuming u are running either 320 or 607)
    04-10-10 03:36 PM
    Are you sure you aren't accidentally hitting the mute button on top of the phone the way you are holding it? To have three phones manufactured in different places on different dates do the exact same thing is highly improbable. At that point it is either environmental where you have a dead spot or something or something account related that doesn't exist on the phone but rather affects the phone from some other location. My guess would be the mute though, as a starting point, because you say it doesn't happen with a headset- which makes sense because you are holding the phone differently.
    04-10-10 06:56 PM
    pressing the phone against his face is hitting the mute button. No way 3 phones had this same issue.
    04-10-10 08:56 PM
    Thanks for the reply ... definitely not hitting the mute button ... I've been very aware of this ... also have tried a couple of different apps that lock the screen after a call is connected ... ultimate lock (lots of other problems) and now pattern lock (so far so good) still, the problem continues. Doesn't seem to be a dead spot, as it happens everywhere I've been. Have also tried switching to 1XEV to no avail.. it's really got me stymied (apparently Verizon too, as this has been going on since February 22nd !!
    04-12-10 05:22 AM
    That is really interesting and I don't doubt that it is frustrating. What it indicates, though, is that it is software or account related as opposed to hardware related- I say this because again, it is highly improbable if not impossible for three phones manufactured on different dates and in different places to exhibit the exact same issue and you are the only one having the issue- what is probably happening is that software caused the issue the first time, you made a backup, replaced the phone, restored the backup, and in so doing, transferred the problem to the new phone and on down the line. Try to find the common thread beyond the phone itself that might be causing this. Are you on a BES? If so, ask your administrator if any setting they have may possibly cause it. Also, try removing all of your third party apps/themes and see if the problem occurs. If not, you know it is software- add the apps/themes back one at a time to see which is causing the issue and make sure each is the latest update. Old or poorly written apps and themes have been known to cause issues on the Storm2 in the past. Hope this helps!
    04-12-10 06:20 AM
    Make sure you don't cover up the microphone hole with your finger while on a call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by i7guy; 04-12-10 at 06:44 AM.
    04-12-10 06:40 AM
    Thanks Nathan5a ...the third phone they sent was not hooked up to desk top software, no backup/restore & no apps & still had the problem ... we also switched numbers / phones ( my wife has a freebie do nothing phone that works great ) and I still had the problem on the new BlackBerry & her phone still worked fine with my number.
    While I'm not a technoid or a geek, I do have pretty good deductive reasoning & am convinced through all these hours, days, & weeks of testing & re-testing; that it is not the device (or other people would be having the problem) and not the system ? .. based on the fact that my wifes phone & number seem to work perfectly (also my previous BlackBerry Curve worked flawlessly) .. there has to be something with my number & the new device that Verizon tech support is overlooking or unaware of (by the way, BlackBerry tech support has also been involved) ... guess I'm gonna have to figure out how to get higher up the ladder in tech support ... or; get an iphone & At&T :-(
    04-12-10 07:14 AM
    also, not meaning too be patronizing, but make sure you don't drop the phone down, i.e. hold the phone completely vertical moving the mic away from your mouth. I've noticed that people can't hear me when I did the phone down and don't keep the mic near my mouth. People seem to tell me they can't hear me more with .607 for some reason - maybe the mic isn't as good at picking up voice farther away
    04-12-10 07:53 AM
    I didn't mean to infer that your logic was off and I am sorry if I did. I agree with you- it has to be some setting that either Verizon or RIM is overlooking somewhere- and believe me, coming from a tech background, they can be the most frustrating because it isn't something obvious that ends up being the solution. Just wondering, does anyone else have the same problem if they make a call on the phone? Not that it matters, just trying to look at all of the angles.... Good luck and please post your solution if they find it. I would be interested to know what it is.
    04-12-10 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD