I need some help....I have noticed several screen shots of Storm's that have a wifi indicator on the screen. My Verizon 9530 doesn't and I was under the understanding that it wasn't wifi capable. Is this true? Is this a feature in the bb that isn't turned on? Can it be accessed? All help is appreciated
    02-23-09 06:46 PM
    The 9530 is not wifi capable. The screen shots show the placement of the wifi icon for the versions of the Storm that are wifi capable.
    02-23-09 06:55 PM
    I'm definitely no expert but since nobody has responded I'll give you my best answer. I remember reading somewhere that one of the canadian carriers somehow had Wifi on their version of the storm. Kinda sucks RIM didn't share the wealth, eh. That's all I know. Not sure if its true or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 06:56 PM
    The wifi icon is used for the creating themes and is not available on the phone.
    02-23-09 07:04 PM
    I'm definitely no expert but since nobody has responded I'll give you my best answer. I remember reading somewhere that one of the canadian carriers somehow had Wifi on their version of the storm. Kinda sucks RIM didn't share the wealth, eh. That's all I know. Not sure if its true or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    the 9520 model has wifi. just how verizon screws over its customers with demanding no wifi on any BB in there lineup. thats what happened with the storm.
    02-23-09 07:04 PM
    It's a Plazmic thing. It has to be placed somewhere on the screen when building themes so it gets thrown in there.
    02-23-09 07:06 PM
    The wifi icon is used for the creating themes and is not available on the phone.
    correct.. we are still waiting for the 9520 that is not released yet
    02-23-09 07:07 PM
    Thanks, appreciate your help, this is a Great place uh? Crackberry....
    02-23-09 07:33 PM
    Thanks, appreciate your help, this is a Great place uh? Crackberry....
    you bet , weclome to cb
    02-23-09 08:04 PM
    I need some help....I have noticed several screen shots of Storm's that have a wifi indicator on the screen. My Verizon 9530 doesn't and I was under the understanding that it wasn't wifi capable. Is this true? Is this a feature in the bb that isn't turned on? Can it be accessed? All help is appreciated
    9500 = NO WiFi
    9530 = NO WiFi
    9520 = WiFi
    02-23-09 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD