Does anyone know when 5.0.0.419 will be available to verizon wireless users?
    04-12-10 10:42 AM
    It won't be officially available. That doesn't matter though. Just go download the MTS or the Alltel .419 and have at it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 10:48 AM
    I think the going answer for any Verizon customer is February 30th.
    04-12-10 10:49 AM
    Sorry. I didn't realize this was a storm thread. My bad. I assumed you were talking about 5.0.0.419 for the Tour.

04-12-10 10:51 AM
    lol yea, storm.. i saw somewhere about today being the day that they released it, but there is no updates for my storm.
    04-12-10 10:55 AM
    Theres nothing else coming officially for the storm 1 from verizon. They killed it off.
    04-12-10 11:57 AM
    spoke with a Verizon rep today, they do not have any official upgrades coming out soon. they said if anything in a few months - July.
    04-12-10 12:37 PM
    Does anyone know when 5.0.0.419 will be available to verizon wireless users?
    Update! Verizon! LMFAO... That's the joke of the day. Don't hold ur breath.

04-12-10 01:13 PM
    i dont think there making an OS for the 9530 anymore..thats sadd
    04-12-10 01:51 PM
    FYI, while I hate to be the bearer of bad news, the person who stated that the update was coming today was being sarcastic and joking around.

Ultimately, no one knows when OSes will be released until Verizon is ready to release it. And no one knows what version of the OS will be released. The problem is that things don't get released until they've been created, tested and approved, and we simply don't know what version will be tested and approved.
    04-12-10 01:59 PM
    FYI, while I hate to be the bearer of bad news, the person who stated that the update was coming today was being sarcastic and joking around.

Ultimately, no one knows when OSes will be released until Verizon is ready to release it. And no one knows what version of the OS will be released. The problem is that things don't get released until they've been created, tested and approved, and we simply don't know what version will be tested and approved.
    I also spoke to a few Verizon reps. I asked them directly if the storm 1 was a dead phone. The only response I got was 'we can not confirm or deny the life of this phone....but we'll always support our devices."

Yeh....

04-12-10 02:06 PM
    in that case i think us Storm users should get free upgrades to the Storm2
    04-12-10 10:29 PM
    I downloaded today. Its pretty good. I have about 15 more MB of app memory right off the bat, the keyboard has more obvious blue highlights. That's about all I noticed. But the memory in itself is worth the download. I'm happy with it. Just google "blackberry 9530 .419" and it will link you to RIM's official download page. Quick and easy. Faster too IMO. Typing seems a but sluggish. Keeps missing keys. Well good luck. Hope you all enjoy it.

04-13-10 01:01 AM
    I doubt we will see an update for the Storm I again.
    04-13-10 07:36 AM
    Who cares if Verizon has an official version when there are so many talented guys on this site that make hybrids that would blow away the official anyway.

Folks all have their favorite hybrid versions, Personally I feel each 9530 is a little different, some seem to "like" one version better than another... go figure

HJ
    04-13-10 09:55 AM
    There's a lot of stuff that can't be fixed without updating the OS. All a hybrid does is just mixes and matches up the App files, nothing more. You're still on the same OS if your SFI file doesn't change. Platform IS OS... App is just the Java apps that get installed on top of the OS. Whether you like it or not, it's the truth... and it's why Hybrids are not really improvements in reality.
    04-14-10 12:02 AM
    I updated with the .419 from mts. so far, so good. anyone notice any major changes? will my battery life decrease?
    04-14-10 12:38 AM
    I was one of the smart people that downloaded T_Architects new hybrid OS. .580. Not only did it add more app memory but it fixed the annoying bug that would close your keyboard while typing online. The browser is noticeably faster and the phone is A LOT smoother than .419. When I lock the phone it immediately locks. And she when I push unlock it unlocks to home screen instantly. I recommend everyone go to T_Architects thread about .580 and download. Its super fast and super easy. Oh....no memory leak either. FTW!

04-14-10 02:46 PM
    If your not a hybrid fan, and your a Verizon customer on .328, I would HIGHLY recommend loading a newer version of .419 from Telus, Sasktel, ect. I have used both extensively and .419 is a very large improvement (328 had the dimming issues, had a weaker radio, poor battery life, ect)
    04-14-10 11:45 PM
    I agree on updating to the latest 419 OS. I am running the latest Lyricidal hybrid, and am loving it. But on a more serious side, everyone should give Verizon some slack on upgrading their phones. You have to realize that they had to pull all of their technical support people from their regular jobs to help count the money they are bringing in on the overpriced cell phone plans. Do you know how long it takes to count $1,000,000,000? Then you have to start all over again next month.
    04-15-10 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD