I think your lady had confused the 8830 for the Storm. The 8830 has been discontinued and will be replaced by the Niagra (which is supposed to have wifi and come out sometime after May 09.) Recent rumor had it that they dropped off wifi on the model, but I'm holding out that it's BS for now because it is supposed to have wifi on it. Oh, and the screen is "visually better"... very close to the Bold in that respect. We'll see. I think your lady rep just had her info back asswards.
    It could be I guess. Im just reporting on what she told me, true or not its what she said about the 9530...
    03-01-09 06:07 PM
    It seems logical to me. I see nothing but mishaps and complaints here about the 9530. You don't have to be Einstein to read these threads about wonky software buttons falling off etc etc. Owning a 9530 seems like hideous punishment. I can only hope she is right and RIM gets it right on the next go around. Its just to bad that so many folks here are going to get stuck with the old wonky 9530 once the new version arrives.
    says you...and i think being with ATT is a hideous punishment...see how easy was that? were not all in your head thinking the same thing and OWNING is something different than thinking it...
    03-01-09 08:33 PM
    It would seem so. I was at a Verizon store today and thats the buzz. Even all the advertising for the 9530 has "while supplies last" in mini print added to it now. They could not say exactly what was replacing it but I would assume its going to be a version of the upcoming Rogers 9520 with WiFi and many improvements.
    The 9520 is a GSM phone. They would need a new CDMA with Wi-Fi.
    Last edited by blueberry15; 03-01-09 at 11:03 PM.
    03-01-09 08:55 PM
    What was the "buzz"? Lots of signs say while supplies last, it's due to high demand.
    Dude it's because of the Sale. The person you talked to didn't know what she was talking about, and the 9520 wont work on VZW anyway, it uses GSM and VZW used CDMA.
    03-01-09 09:57 PM
    Nobody from VeriZon told him/her that the storm was being retired. They are just seeing how many angry posts they can get in response. This phone is the biggest seller Verizon has had in a long time and they are going to ride it as long as they can.
    03-01-09 11:58 PM
    says you...and i think being with ATT is a hideous punishment...see how easy was that? were not all in your head thinking the same thing and OWNING is something different than thinking it...
    I've been reading this thread and laughing my @$$$ off like everyone else, but you really hit the nail on the head here.

I OWN both the Bold and The Storm and I have to tell you that that I love them both, and while both devices have their strengths and weaknesses I like the STORM better, and use it a lot more. What's the thing that I dislike the most about the Bold -- the AT&T Network.

I'm would tell the trolls to go back under their bridges but I'm laughing too hard at this thread. I really hope the mods don't lock it and I can come back tomorrow and read more of their wisdom about it . . . LOL
    03-02-09 01:11 AM
    Nobody from VeriZon told him/her that the storm was being retired. They are just seeing how many angry posts they can get in response. This phone is the biggest seller Verizon has had in a long time and they are going to ride it as long as they can.
    Check out the price of the Storm on Amazon.com $99.00 Sounds like they are dumping them to me. The only time they cut the price on phones this new by 80% is to make room for something else IMO. I think she IS right!
    03-02-09 01:12 AM
    Check out the price of the Storm on Amazon.com $99.00 Sounds like they are dumping them to me. The only time they cut the price on phones this new by 80% is to make room for something else IMO. I think she IS right!
    and now he grasps at straws based upon what a RESELLER does! Classic. It's a SALE, look at Samsung Omnia it's selling for the same price but that's just part of a promotion that is going on with all Samsung phones. Amazon can't really match VZW's BOGO sale on Blackberries, so they are doing the next best thing, selling it for half price so you can get two for what you would pay for one normally. It wont be a permanent thing.
    03-02-09 01:16 AM
    80% off or 2 for $199 is not a sale. Its dumping IMO, Something "new" and "hot" and in high demand is never sold for 80% off.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-02-09 at 01:29 AM.
    03-02-09 01:25 AM
    do u really hve nothing better to do wit ur time?!?! bettermost u sadden me. im sure thre are plenty of things that u and ur att bold could be doing besides worrying about us storm users. theres plety of ueful info u ould be offering the world instead of silly rumors that have no bearing what so ever. if u knew anyhing about business u would know that when u move over a million units u dont discontinue a product. also in a slumping economy u put stuff on sale so people will buy it. duh... come on man use ur noggin
    03-02-09 01:37 AM
    80% off or 2 for $199 is not a sale. Its dumping IMO, Something "new" and "hot" and in high demand is never sold for 80% off.
    It's not 80% Off it's 50% off (VZW has been making the $50 rebate instant for all sales on it pretty much since launch because of the high demand and delays in getting the phone to people).
    03-02-09 01:38 AM
    It's not 80% Off it's 50% off (VZW has been making the $50 rebate instant for all sales on it pretty much since launch because of the high demand and delays in getting the phone to people).
    Don't blame me Amazon is saying 80% off on there site. I didn't make it up dear.
    03-02-09 01:45 AM
    Don't blame me Amazon is saying 80% off on there site. I didn't make it up dear.
    They are jut trying to make it sound better . . . and don't call me "dear" I don't know you.
    03-02-09 01:57 AM
    I got my Storm back when they released for $99... what's your point?
    03-02-09 10:45 AM
    80% off is off of the full retail price. Verizon is selling the Storm for $199.99 with a 2 year plan + $50 rebate card. If you do the math, ($499.99 - $150) / $499.99 = 70% discount just for buying it normally through Verizon.

With my employee discounts, I picked up one from my local Verizon store for roughly $120. I got a 76% discount, which Verizon picked up the most of (see math above).

The full retail price of an iPhone 3G is also roughly $500. AT&T sells it at a price of $199.99 with a 2 year contract. That's a 60% discount! Looks like the iPhone 3G is being discountinued too! I mean, based on your logic, something with that big of a discount must be being discountinued.

Nice try Bettermost!
    03-02-09 10:47 AM
    Do you think, or you do you know? Sound like you have to troll around here finding so call flaws with the Storm to make your self feel good about your Bold. Shows that you have lack of confidence in what you bought.
    Hey, I have the BOLD, and I'm going to be leaving AT&T for VZW...I've had nothing but problems, the build quality of the 9000 sucks to say the least.
    03-02-09 10:48 AM
    See what? Here's a hint, why don't you go the the Bold forum and type in the search "Bold problems". When you see the numerous issues that show up climb out from under your bridge, help solve some of your own phones issue, and become a more productive member of Crackberry.
    Exactly! I haven't seen any 9530 users sXXt talking the 9000.
    03-02-09 10:54 AM
    "Originally Posted by Bettermost
    Don't blame me Amazon is saying 80% off on there site. I didn't make it up dear."

Don't even respond to this moron. They are just trying to get attention. Look up Bettermost's post history. Every post has something about how the Storm or the Bold sucks or how great the Iphone is. He's just an iphone fanboy making up stuff to post at CB and get responses, just ignore it and he'll go away. Unfortunately he'll probably come back under a new name but it'll be easy to figure him out. It's sad there such losers out there, but what ya gonna do?
    03-02-09 11:02 AM
    Be careful with those Amazon & Wirefly deals, they make you sign a MUCH more restrictive contract and often require you to have a higher rate plan. The Storm deal for example requires a 59.95 minutes plan or more (this is in addition to the BIS or BES plan you must also get)
    03-02-09 11:29 AM
    i hope this id1ot bricks his bold
    Well well well look who the id1ot is now...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...e-09-a-170827/
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-03-09 at 03:19 AM.
    03-03-09 03:09 AM

Clearly a typo buddy. Sorry to burst your bubble. Even if there was a Storm 2 coming out the second half of the year they would not be clearancing them out till at least mid summer.
    03-03-09 04:19 AM
    Here's another of my thoughts. Bettermost says claims a replacements is due in June / July, yes?

If it's this close to the replacement's release, why do we not have concept images, leaked spec sheets, or any of the other tons of information we had for the Storm when it was a few months out from release?

We don't even have a concept name for this supposed replacement!
    03-03-09 08:48 AM
    That is not how telecommunications/marketing works.

If you make the bulk of your revenue on subscriptions (service) you make it painfully easy for people to get their hands on the hardware so you can increase your over all number of subscribers and upgrade the subscriptions of existing customers. An excellent example... DirectTV.... they "give" their equipment away... it is not a dump or a sell off.... it is a way to boost your revenue.... the BOGO deal is bringing in tons more money than the cost of the individual units given away.... it is like earning residuals on an investment.... with interest...
    Last edited by DavidDBlackwell; 03-03-09 at 09:14 AM.
    03-03-09 09:03 AM

Jesus how does anyone get this dumb?

I hope you lose your face to a grease fire.
    03-03-09 09:15 AM
    Hi everyone, I am kinda new here and I can tell from my own personal experience with my Storm that was purchased in November 2008 that, it seems to me, the more I use it the better it gets all by itself........I know that sounds weird. I haven't had any issues with mine except for the email thing.....can always send but, the receiving still gives me fits sometimes. It too seems to get better all the time. I haven't done any of the Betas.....waiting for official upgrades.....I wanna be safe. I absolutely love my Storm!! As far as issues......they will be fixed in time I'm sure. )
    03-03-09 09:53 AM
153 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD