I think this Bettermost dude is a glue sniffer.
    03-01-09 08:27 AM
    Lol @ the op, you could have saved us a click by bashing the wonky storm right away instead of making up some wonky story about the storm being phased out. There are many people who have the device working very well for them.

Next time don't be so shy about bashing, and there's no need to make up a story.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 08:27 AM
    I agree with bettermost

because that "makes sense"

dunce
    03-01-09 08:29 AM
    So just for sh!ts and giggles I checked the price matrix and saw something I couldn't believe! The storm..... Its not on the closeout section! Who knew?!

03-01-09 08:32 AM
    Were you thinking of switching from AT&T to Verizon?

Just wondering what you were doing in a VZW store?

It would seem so. I was at a Verizon store today and thats the buzz. Even all the advertising for the 9530 has "while supplies last" in mini print added to it now. They could not say what was replacing it but I would assume its going to be a version of the upcoming Rogers 9520 with WiFi.
    03-01-09 08:40 AM
    This guy is a loony.

03-01-09 08:41 AM
    That's the epitome of irony right there. Guy with a Bold flames the Storm for being unreliable...meanwhile in Japan RIM was forced to pull the Bold from shelves due to overheating issues....

03-01-09 08:50 AM
    It would seem so. I was at a Verizon store today and thats the buzz. Even all the advertising for the 9530 has "while supplies last" in mini print added to it now. They could not say what was replacing it but I would assume its going to be a version of the upcoming Rogers 9520 with WiFi.
    Do NOT give out false information like this
    03-01-09 08:50 AM
    Do NOT give out false information like this
    no way, let him...it's classic...im about in tears
    03-01-09 08:52 AM
    It seems logical to me. I see nothing but mishaps and complaints here about the 9530. You don't have to be Einstein to read these threads about wonky software buttons falling off etc etc. Owning a 9530 seems like hideous punishment. I can only hope she is right and RIM gets it right on the next go around. Its just to bad that so many folks here are going to get stuck with the old wonky 9530 once the new version arrives.
    Mr. Spock you are not. The nature of forums like this is to complain. What you won't see here or any forum for that matter is the thousands of people who have no complaints and are happy with the phone.

Not that it is important to my point but I have recently seen only one post concerning a button falling off and the poster bought the phone from ebay.
    03-01-09 08:52 AM
    I love that people see the "complains" on a web site and declare that everyone is having those problems. The people on this forum and others are huge FANS of crackberry and RIM - fan is short for fanatical so they are a bit over the top and will express their feelings good or bad.

There are millions of Storm users who have never even heard of this site, so taking the word of a couple hundred people who like to attract attention to themselves by crying and thinking it is the "norm" is, simply, stupid.

I can find a forum for just about any phone or device that has hundreds of trolls and fanboys screaming as they do here.
    Exactly. It's about as smart as using a poll from this forum for scientific research. People that have a problem with a product are service are much more likely to complain about it than the people who have no problems are to rave about it.

I had issues with my Storm (I got it on launch day) but am happy with it now because the latest leaks have addressed most of my issues. I would say the phone itself is fantastic while the initial OS's were junk. I'm just thankful RIM is dedicated to always making their devices better by releasing newer and newer OS's.

OP, please quit spreading false information and telling us about how bad the Storm sucks even though you don't have one (wouldn't we know how bad a product we use every day is?), it just makes you look like an ***, and threatens the reputation of any of your future posts.
    03-01-09 08:58 AM
    I say ban the guy that started this BOGUS thread or just close it. Now, what's this i read about Storm 2 appearing in documents?
    03-01-09 08:58 AM
    It seems logical to me. I see nothing but mishaps and complaints here about the 9530. You don't have to be Einstein to read these threads about wonky software buttons falling off etc etc. Owning a 9530 seems like hideous punishment. I can only hope she is right and RIM gets it right on the next go around. Its just to bad that so many folks here are going to get stuck with the old wonky 9530 once the new version arrives.
    Kind of like what happened to the iPhone when the 3G version came out basically right on its heels? I'm sure we all remember that debacle with AT&T, Apple, and its outraged customers. Made some big news, if I remember correctly.

No, I think everyone in the industry's learned from that one (RIM & Verizon most of all) and will try to not make that mistake.

The Storm's been out for all of 3 months. If AT&T and Apple got that much of an outcry for release an upgrade version just 1 year from the old one, it's only "logical" that RIM and Verizon will try to avoid that.

And what do you mean "wonky software buttons falling off"?? A software button can't fall off. It's created by the OS and is "in" the screen. As far as I can tell, my Storm's screen has yet to fall off nor its OS try to jump out of it.
    03-01-09 09:04 AM
    The OP is actually an I-Phone fanboy. See this thread and his post at #47.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/i-t...iphone-138546/

He was dropping his Bold and returning to his I-Phone which he's had for several years. Some people......
    03-01-09 09:08 AM
    The OP is actually an I-Phone fanboy. See this thread and his post at #47.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/i-t...iphone-138546/

He was dropping his Bold and returning to his I-Phone which he's had for several years. Some people......
    OUCH..........Great SMACK DOWN..............STORM RULES.
    03-01-09 09:12 AM
    bettermost just doesnt understand business. i mean heck.. he couldnt even figure out how to use his bold so hes going back to an iphone. its cool though, not everyone is smart enough to use a smartphone.

enjoy appleland buddy and dont go trying to spread silly unfounded rumors about the storm.
    03-01-09 09:22 AM
    I love the iPhone myself. But this is just desperate.
    03-01-09 09:39 AM
    RIM cannot afford to release models in the same fashion as a firm like Motorola, nor one as hungry for market share as Apple. From what I can ascertain, there are those that stick with older models of BlackBerry because they like what it does and know it will continue to do so. This is why there are those that say the Storm OS is out of date - it wasn't just built for touchscreen deviants, it was also made to be an easy transitition for other BlackBerry users, having a similar feel.

Yes, there is a possibility that there will be a second generation of Storm, but I doubt it will see the light of day until they have squeezed every last bit of potential out of the old MkI.

03-01-09 10:26 AM
    Can someone please tell me why people listen to the clowns that work in the Verizon/Cellular phone stores/Kiosks? I.E. Customer store representatives that sale phones that actually do not hold any type of upper management authority?

Unless your source is from a credible Upper Management Executive that works for the Verizon Main Headquarters, please do not listen to the lower level store sales representatives. All they simply have to go on is hearsay and what they read on the internet just as we are doing right now.

I had a Verizon guy tell me the other day to wait for the Thunder to come out? I was like hugh? That�s the previous name the Storm was originally going to be called. I let him sit there and think that he knew what he was talking about. Most of the representatives do not even know how to update their OS on there Storm or even know of the latest Betas, Upgrades, Accessories, ETC. Simply pathetic, they do not have any type of training or enough knowledge in my opinion to give advice, they are like the car salesman convincing you to buy a car they don't even own themselves not ever driven.

I would like to know why would anyone think that a leak like; the 9530 storm being discontinued would be a smart thing for Verizon to do? All that would do is stop everyone from buying the Storm in hopes for the new one to come out, that option is simply not a smart business choice.
    03-01-09 11:30 AM
    No one feels sorry for you just wanted to let you know a new improved phone is soon on the way.
    03-01-09 11:33 AM
    bettermost just doesn't understand business. i mean heck.. he couldnt even figure out how to use his bold so hes going back to an iphone. its cool though, not everyone is smart enough to use a smartphone.

enjoy appleland buddy and dont go trying to spread silly unfounded rumors about the storm.
    Maybe its you that has a hard time understanding business. If RIM feels the 9530 has problems and people complain they want WiFi etc. a good Company fixes the problems and issues fast fixes like Apple did on the IPhone. I think RIM should be commended for dropping the 9530 for a better phone and following Apple's lead. Don't You?
    03-01-09 11:39 AM
    I love my Storm and I wouldn't trade it for a bold. I've only had one issue since I got it and it was quickly resolved by the fine folks at Verizon Wireless. Maybe the problem isn't so much with the Storm as with the folks who didn't have a satisfactory experience with their Storm. Course Bold users trolling the Storm User lounge just show there's not enough to talk about in their own forums. They get bored there easily huh?
    03-01-09 11:43 AM
    Maybe its you that has a hard time understanding business. If RIM feels the 9530 has problems and people complain they want WiFi etc. a good Company fixes the problems and issues fast fixes like Apple did on the IPhone. I think RIM should be commended for dropping the 9530 for a better phone and following Apple's lead. Don't You?
    Fast fixes on the iPhone??? MMS, Video recording, and Copy and Paste have been around for nearly 2 years. RIM will not phase out the Storm so soon, with 1 million units sold in 90 days why would they? The Storm's issues are not hardware, they are software based.
    03-01-09 11:45 AM
    Fast fixes on the iPhone??? MMS, Video recording, and Copy and Paste have been around for nearly 2 years. RIM will not phase out the Storm so soon, with 1 million units sold in 90 days why would they? The Storm's issues are not hardware, they are software based.
    Its not phasing the Storm out, just coming out with a new version with WiFi and fixes with a new model number.
    03-01-09 11:47 AM
    Its not phasing the Storm out, just coming out with a new version with WiFi and fixes with a new model number.
    That is not the 9530, it will be the 9520, and it will be for GSM with NA 3G.
    03-01-09 11:48 AM
153 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD