It would seem so. I was at a Verizon store today and thats the buzz. Even all the advertising for the 9530 has "while supplies last" in mini print added to it now. They could not say exactly what was replacing it but I would assume its going to be a version of the upcoming Rogers 9520 with WiFi and many improvements.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-01-09 at 01:33 PM.
    03-01-09 02:33 AM
    What was the "buzz"? Lots of signs say while supplies last, it's due to high demand.
    03-01-09 02:36 AM
    That is just a disclaimer...this phone will be around VeriZon for quite a while. Big money maker
    03-01-09 02:37 AM
    The Lady in the store told me its being phased out for a different model.
    03-01-09 02:40 AM
    That's the disclaimer being used on the BB BOGO offer.. standard stuff. Keeps from having to do rainchecks.
    03-01-09 02:41 AM
    Umm.... no. First of all what is that carrier you refer to as VeriSon? As a VeriZon employee, I can assure you that the 9530 is not being discontinued. These disclaimers are in accordance to the stock of the 9530 in the warehouses.

If anything, it would most definatly not be replaced by the 9520, the main reason being that the 9520 is GSM/HSPA and verizon runs solely off of CDMA/1xEV.

Ive seen documents with the wording of Storm 2 in them, what this means exactly is entirely up to speculation thus far.
    03-01-09 02:44 AM
    While supplies last is an old saying that has been around for ages. Its usually when there is a sale which Verizon if doing. There is a person born gullable every minute I suppose

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 02:48 AM
    lol I think she was phased out
    03-01-09 02:54 AM
    Did she also tell you that for 50 bucks she can sell you a Playstation 5? **Hint, it's really a box of forks**

The Storm isn't going anywhere. It's WAY too big of a moneymaker, and until RIM comes out with a comparable "next iteration" of it you wont see it going anywhere. It's going to be RIM's version of the RAZR for a while. We may see new versions in a year or so, but they wont be getting rid of the base model til there's some big leaps on the new versions. Since absolutely no info is known on a "storm 2" at this point you can guess its 8-12 months out minimum which means no phase out. Remember. Verizon is CDMA... GSM doesn't apply.

If that was true you'd see it ALL over the forums. The only way a rep would know that is if some type of internal documentation was out on that, and we'd see posts from TONS of VZN employee's who keep Crackberry in the VZN BB loop.

Long story short. She's about as smart as a bag of rocks.
    Last edited by digitard; 03-01-09 at 03:12 AM.
    03-01-09 03:10 AM
    It seems logical to me. I see nothing but mishaps and complaints here about the 9530. You don't have to be Einstein to read these threads about wonky software buttons falling off etc etc. Owning a 9530 seems like hideous punishment. I can only hope she is right and RIM gets it right on the next go around. Its just to bad that so many folks here are going to get stuck with the old wonky 9530 once the new version arrives.
    03-01-09 03:54 AM
    It seems logical to me. I see nothing but mishaps and complaints here about the 9530. You don't have to be Einstein to read these threads about wonky software buttons falling off etc etc. Owning a 9530 seems like hideous punishment. I can only hope she is right and RIM gets it right on the next go around. Its just to bad that so many folks here are going to get stuck with the old wonky 9530 once the new version arrives.
    Pfft, please. The Storm is awesome. Are there software problems? Sure. Will they be fixed? More so everyday. Not only is the actual rate of return on the Storm not particularly high but they're selling like crazy. I think its funny that your being "logical" is drawing conclusions about the future availability of the device based on complaints in an online forum. yeah, real logical.
    03-01-09 04:03 AM
    Do you think, or you do you know? Sound like you have to troll around here finding so call flaws with the Storm to make your self feel good about your Bold. Shows that you have lack of confidence in what you bought.
    Last edited by Jascias; 03-01-09 at 04:28 AM.
    03-01-09 04:22 AM
    Figures. Another troll here to bash the Storm under the guise of a question.

Go back under your bridge.
    03-01-09 04:32 AM
    The Blackberry Pearl had major issues on launch, **** to a degree it still does, but they're still releasing new color Pearl's to providers.

The point is. You're talking out of your ***... and it doesn't make any sense. I spent 5yrs in the Cellular industry (TS Mgmt) and I can tell you that when a phone is selling as much as this they aren't going to just up and cancel it until they have its next generation and it's a long time from that.

RIM doesn't just go "well, we had some issues... lets make a newer one next week and put it out okay?" It takes months and months of just getting what they want to do with it, then they have to determine parts they're going to use, then they have to build test versions of both hardware and not even mentioning an OS (when they dont have the Storm OS locked down what makes you think they're going to just move on to another version?), then they have to decide if they want to send it to providers, then those providers need to determine what software/firmware options they want, then those providers get test versions, and then if they somehow approve it quickly with internal QA for both RIM and the Cellular company it gets a release date a while later.

Long story short. SHUUUUUUUUUUUUSH.
    Last edited by digitard; 03-01-09 at 04:38 AM.
    03-01-09 04:35 AM
    You have to love the "Bold" trolls, coming here and feeling "sorry" for all of the Storm users .... LOL.
    03-01-09 04:37 AM
    The Blackberry Pearl had major issues on launch, **** to a degree it still does, but they're still releasing new color Pearl's to providers.

The point is. You're talking out of your ***... and it doesn't make any sense. I spent 5yrs in the Cellular industry (TS Mgmt) and I can tell you that when a phone is selling as much as this they aren't going to just up and cancel it until they have its next generation and it's a long time from that.
    You'll see I guess...
    03-01-09 04:37 AM
    Most bold users are better than that. Tsk tsk OP! ATT employee maybe?

03-01-09 04:48 AM
    You'll see I guess...
    Yup. I guess I'll see :dodgy:

Go back to the ATT forum. You don't even have a Storm so you really don't belong here.

BTW. Someone should tell Verizon and RIM then to stop spending all that money currently advertising the Storm cause they're discontinuing it. Jeez, apparently RIM and VZN don't even know it yet! Wow... that store employee sure has some awesome contacts if neither RIM/VZN even know it yet!

**Double edit: Check out this guys profile and look at some of the other thread's he's started. He's obviously "in the know".
    Last edited by digitard; 03-01-09 at 05:01 AM.
    03-01-09 04:51 AM
    You'll see I guess...
    See what? Here's a hint, why don't you go the the Bold forum and type in the search "Bold problems". When you see the numerous issues that show up climb out from under your bridge, help solve some of your own phones issue, and become a more productive member of Crackberry.
    03-01-09 04:59 AM
    Of course it's logical. I also heard that Verizon is throwing in the towel as far as wireless service and is going into business as a giant ethnic hair care superstore and be based out of montana, which also seems extremely logical!!!

what does seem logical is that the OP is a subscriber of ATT and lists that he has a Bold, but probably has an iPhone as well and therefore is trying to start some form of "logical" wildfire of rumors cause it makes him feel like he's all grown up. Big words make you sound smart!!!
    03-01-09 05:00 AM
    lol I think she was phased out
    this one cracked me up

then i read my homeboy Jascia's post, and the one after his tell the troll to go back under the bridge ... and I was really in stitches .. although I am sleep deprived at the moment .. but stil ... I'M ROTLMAO
    03-01-09 05:24 AM
    While supplies last is definitely referring to the sale. Nothing more.

03-01-09 05:25 AM
    8830 will be phased out over time in favor of the 9030 and the 8330 will be phased out in favor of the 9630. The 8130 will likely be phased out in favor of the 8230
    03-01-09 06:51 AM
    You'll see I guess...
    I love that people see the "complains" on a web site and declare that everyone is having those problems. The people on this forum and others are huge FANS of crackberry and RIM - fan is short for fanatical so they are a bit over the top and will express their feelings good or bad.

There are millions of Storm users who have never even heard of this site, so taking the word of a couple hundred people who like to attract attention to themselves by crying and thinking it is the "norm" is, simply, stupid.

I can find a forum for just about any phone or device that has hundreds of trolls and fanboys screaming as they do here.
    03-01-09 07:53 AM
    A mind is a terrible thing to waste - too bad you wasted yours.
    03-01-09 08:22 AM
153 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD