He's been blinded by the light, wrapped up like a deuce you know the roamer in the night... blinded by the light.
    Blinded by two giant LED flashlights with Apple logo overlays on the front!

One other thing

/Petition for Ban of Bettermost

Reason: False Rumors, Lack of appropriate attitude on a forum, Increasingly apparent immaturity, More False Rumors

/signed
    Signed!
    03-03-09 06:31 PM
    Maybe you missed this post by me. No iPhone Nano. Tim Cook says so himself.
    He is careful to say a cheaper model. He says nothing about a premium IPhone however and this is what I heard the Nano or what ever they decide to call it would be. Notice in an earlier post I said it would have 20GIG on board this would not be a leader model. I do agree a cheapo IPhone will not happen "cheapo" just isn't in Apple's DNA.
    03-03-09 06:31 PM
    I will be so mad if this is true... i just got my storm for Christmas and if they bring in a new one with wifi i will be mad (especially since my house doesnt get good cell service)
    03-03-09 06:34 PM
    He is careful to say a cheaper model. He says nothing about a premium IPhone however and this is what I heard the Nano or what ever they decide to call it would be. Notice in an earlier post I said it would have 20GIG on board this would not be a leader model. I do agree a cheapo IPhone will not happen "cheapo" just isn't in Apple's DNA.
    Even if an iPhone Nano came out, it would mean the following:

Small overall size = smaller screen = less room internally for components = something has to be cut.

I'm not saying it's not technologically possible, but it's not financially sound for the consumer. The price the consumer sees would probably be as much as when the iPhone came out initially. At a reasonable consumer price, an iPhone Nano will have to be a low-end phone.

And in this economy, only a small group (i.e. got-to-have-it iFans) will drop that much money on it. Why pay out the *** for a smaller version of the iPhone with less features when the cheaper 3G version is there and other phones that are just as small and have the same functions?

Oh, and just because you say it'll have 20 GB on it doesn't mean it's true. Where did you hear this rumor? Maybe from an Apple store employee? Oh wait! You said that they're really tight-lipped on announcing new things officially! We'll just wait to the June keynote...
    Last edited by Zipster; 03-03-09 at 06:50 PM.
    03-03-09 06:45 PM
    This crap belongs in the iPhone forum, not this thread. Please get back on topic or move it somewhere else.
    03-03-09 06:46 PM
    This crap belongs in the iPhone forum, not this thread. Please get back on topic or move it somewhere else.
    I agree Not my fault...
    03-03-09 07:03 PM
    Not Bettermost's fault... notice how everyone was arguing with him about the posts he didn't make before he didn't post what he didn't post...

****** bag...
    03-03-09 07:08 PM
    I agree my fault...
    Fixed it for ya! I'm going to leave it at that.

Anyway, back to the original topic.

Unless we hears something official from Verizon corporate or RIM, anything about the 9530 being discontinued is purely wild speculation.
    03-03-09 07:10 PM
    Hopefully tomorrow I will get my Storm, This should be very interesting! Local Verizon store is matching the Amazon $99 deal but are out of the phone so possibly they will have more tomorrow.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-03-09 at 08:53 PM.
    03-03-09 08:49 PM
    He's been blinded by the light, wrapped up like a deuce you know the roamer in the night... blinded by the light.

Wow, I haven't heard those lyrics since................yeah, oh well, I guess we're what are called "mature" BB users!
    03-03-09 08:53 PM
    Hopefully tomorrow I will get my Storm, This should be very interesting! Local Verizon store is matching the Amazon $99 deal but are out of the phone so possibly they will have more tomorrow.
    So after all this hoopla, you're still getting a Storm? Even though you apparently hate it? Very interesting...
    03-03-09 10:22 PM
    This thread is makin Baby Jebus cry

He has a Bold (allegedly). Loves the iPhone (allegedly). Hates the Storm (allegedly). And is getting a Storm tomorrow (allegedly).

He's trolling you (FACT).

Troll Thread

'K? Thnx! Buh-Bye!
    03-03-09 11:20 PM

He has a Bold (allegedly). Loves the iPhone (allegedly). Hates the Storm (allegedly). And is getting a Storm tomorrow (allegedly).

Troll Thread

'K? Thnx! Buh-Bye!
    Go figure...
    03-03-09 11:22 PM
    So after all this hoopla, you're still getting a Storm? Even though you apparently hate it? Very interesting...
    I never said I hated anything but the Bold and its tiny screen and track ball. My Bold is gone I sent it packing back to AT&T. Yes I love my IPhone very much I never said anything bad about the Storm other than its being replaced with hopefully a better model.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-04-09 at 02:48 AM.
    03-04-09 02:45 AM
    Go figure...
    Corvette Driving? Like This? My 08 in the staging area at the Blooming Gold Corvette show road tour.
    03-04-09 02:50 AM
    Word on the street is that Verizon is pissed and they are dropping RIM, and that the new OS will be truly amazing...supposedly it will change the OS world...and the storm will conquer all!
    03-04-09 03:17 AM
    I never said I hated anything but the Bold and its tiny screen and track ball. My Bold is gone I sent it packing back to AT&T. Yes I love my IPhone very much I never said anything bad about the Storm other than its being replaced with hopefully a better model.
    If you are so convinced that it is being replaced, why on earth would you get one?

You haven't mentioned any first hand negative experiences with the Storm but you have certainly pointed out the what you think is the general consensus about it.
    03-04-09 03:20 AM
    If you are so convinced that it is being replaced, why on earth would you get one?

You haven't mentioned any first hand negative experiences with the Storm but you have certainly pointed out the what you think is the general consensus about it.
    Why not? When the new one comes out I will get that one just like I did with the IPhone.
    03-04-09 03:25 AM
    Word on the street is that Verizon is pissed and they are dropping RIM, and that the new OS will be truly amazing...supposedly it will change the OS world...and the storm will conquer all!
    Man I just love people spreading crap rumors they read on the Internet . . . . the "new OS" is BB OS 5.0 which we won't see till later this year at the earliest.

Verizon may write a custom theme for the Storm to make it look different, but they are not going to (even if they had the know-how) toss out the RIM BB OS and rewrite their own from scratch. It would take at least a year of development if not more and have more bugs (not to mention application compatibility issues) than OS 4.7.
    03-04-09 03:26 AM
    Why not? When the new one comes out I will get that one just like I did with the IPhone.
    Most of us dont pay full retail for our phones unless we absolutely have to, but whatever works for you I guess
    03-04-09 03:27 AM
    I will be so mad if this is true... i just got my storm for Christmas and if they bring in a new one with wifi i will be mad (especially since my house doesnt get good cell service)
    It's not, relax. We wont see a Storm 2 for at least a year and a half or more.
    03-04-09 03:30 AM
    I have no words for this ***** of a man
    03-04-09 05:53 AM
    Did she also tell you that for 50 bucks she can sell you a Playstation 5? **Hint, it's really a box of forks**

The Storm isn't going anywhere. It's WAY too big of a moneymaker, and until RIM comes out with a comparable "next iteration" of it you wont see it going anywhere. It's going to be RIM's version of the RAZR for a while. We may see new versions in a year or so, but they wont be getting rid of the base model til there's some big leaps on the new versions. Since absolutely no info is known on a "storm 2" at this point you can guess its 8-12 months out minimum which means no phase out. Remember. Verizon is CDMA... GSM doesn't apply.

If that was true you'd see it ALL over the forums. The only way a rep would know that is if some type of internal documentation was out on that, and we'd see posts from TONS of VZN employee's who keep Crackberry in the VZN BB loop.

Long story short. She's about as smart as a bag of rocks.
    Dude, "Box of Forks"? Had I been drinking it, milk would have shot out of my nose.
    03-04-09 03:56 PM
    I Can't wait till the next Storm comes out! Now that I have had my Storm for 24 hours I really like it but its operation is somewhat crude compared to the IPhone. I think with a little more thought a little better build quality the Storm could surpass the IPhone in usability with ease, but not quite yet with this version. I really like the styling and hand feel of this phone and really don't have a lot of wonkeyness (not yet at least) I expected. I think many of you here are using Beta software thinking its better and it might be in some cases but in other areas its causing problems that otherwise you wouldn't have using the approved software. I'm going to use the standard software and wait for an official update. More later..
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-05-09 at 11:04 PM.
    03-05-09 04:50 PM

Troll Thread

'K? Thnx! Buh-Bye!
    Sweetheart, you need to grow up dear! Here is a pic of "baby Jesus" and its new companion the Storm!
    03-05-09 05:04 PM
153 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD