My local grocery store is phasing out milk and bread, because the sale sign said "while supplies last".
    Last edited by paulmike3; 03-03-09 at 11:08 AM.
    03-03-09 11:06 AM
    As you can see from the post on the main page, Austria's A1's getting the Vodophone (9500) version. Which is more or less the exact same as the 9530 we have in the US.

Bettermost, maybe you and that "VeriSon" employee you talked to should talk to the executives at A1 and tell them that the Storm's been discontinued!
    03-03-09 11:19 AM
    The original IPhone was dumped about 6 months after its first release so whats the big deal if Blackberry comes out with a new Storm? I'm not sure why this news is so unbelievable to all of you? Progress is enviable.
    03-03-09 12:35 PM
    My local grocery store is phasing out milk and bread, because the sale sign said "while supplies last".
    Well Said.
    03-03-09 12:53 PM
    I didn't read the 7 pages but all I have to say is look at the Razr. When verizon finds a good selling phone they milk it for all it's worth. I wouldn't be surprised if next year they're releasing a green storm and a white storm etc. I think the 9530 is here to stay for quite some time.
    03-03-09 01:00 PM
    The original IPhone was dumped about 6 months after its first release so whats the big deal if Blackberry comes out with a new Storm? I'm not sure why this news is so unbelievable to all of you? Progress is enviable.
    Correct me BlackBerry mob if I'm mistaken, but the original iPhone was not "dumped" because of technology per say, but just because Apple decided to slash its price from $599 to $399.

Apple lost $100 a person to those that felt wronged by the price drop.

No one's going to make that mistake again.
    03-03-09 02:06 PM
    Correct me BlackBerry mob if I'm mistaken, but the original iPhone was not "dumped" because of technology per say, but just because Apple decided to slash its price from $599 to $399.

Apple lost $100 a person to those that felt wronged by the price drop.

No one's going to make that mistake again.
    I'll correct you. The original IPhone was discontinued for many internal improvements and 3G capability period! Its called improvement of the breed. Apple is very aggressive to make the IPhone as pleasant to use as possible as quickly as possible something RIM seems to be sadly lacking in these days. RIM needs to respond quicker to user demands for better software and improvements. Maybe the current Storm is just to under engineered to fix properly hence the rush for them to get the next generation Storm to market.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-03-09 at 04:08 PM.
    03-03-09 03:55 PM
    I'll correct you. It was discontinued for many internal improvements and 3G capability period!
    As far as I know, Apple did the following:

Released original iPhone: June 29, 2007
    Cut price for the iPhone: September 5, 2007
    Released 3G iPhone: July 11, 2008

As you can see, they waited a full year before implementing 3G in the second generation. Anything in-between was only firmware updates. No real hardware changes.

The 6 month thing you talk about, Apple only dropped the iPhone with a 4 GB hard drive and cut the cost of the 8 GB version.

The iPhone itself was not "discontinued" because the 8 GB version was there from the beginning. Only the 4 GB version got dropped from the line-up. No "many internal improvements". No 3G then. Period.

The Storm will not have this problem, as the memory is removable. There is nothing to "discontinue". If I want more memory, I just swap out the microSD card.
    Last edited by Zipster; 03-03-09 at 04:14 PM.
    03-03-09 04:08 PM
    As far as I know, Apple did the following:

Released original iPhone: June 29, 2007
    Cut price for the iPhone: September 5, 2007
    Released 3G iPhone: July 11, 2008

They waited a full year before the 3G version came out. The 6 month thing you talk about, Apple only dropped the iPhone with a 4 GB hard drive and cut the cost of the 8 GB version.

The iPhone itself was not "discontinued". Only the version with the 4 GB internal, non-removable memory got dropped from the line-up.

The Storm will not have this problem, as the memory is removable. There is nothing to "discontinue". If I want more memory, I just swap out the microSD card.
    The release of the 3G was July 11 but we all knew a new phone was coming 5 months before that. So as soon as a new phone is in the pipeline you can consider the current phone discontinued IMO. In fact for 3 months before the 3G came to market the old IPhone was simply unavailable to purchase through Apple but AT&T was still selling them.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-03-09 at 05:37 PM.
    03-03-09 04:14 PM
    The release of the 3G was July 11 but we all knew a new phone was coming 5 months before that. So as soon as a new phone is in the pipeline you can consider the current phone discontinued IMO. In fact for 3 months before the 3G came to market the IPhone was simply unavailable to purchase.
    As you said, people knew that the 3G iPhone was coming, because the original one was lacking 3G. There was a public release from Apple to confirm it.

So far, the only person that "knows" an improved Storm is coming "June / July" is you and a "VeriSon" store employee. It's nothing more than a made-up rumor so far, in my opinion.

The only thing that will change my mind is when leaked material on the second generation Storm shows up showing at least a concept name, a picture (bonus!), and a spec sheet (double bonus!!). All of these have to point to a June / July release to make your rumor credible.

The Storm is still available to purchase at this point (3 - 4 months out from June / July), so until I do see Verizon or RIM make an official announcement that it won't be available for sale and remove that Add to Cart button, it's not discontinued.

If anything, the fact that it's expanded into Austria clearly shows that it'll be kicking for quite a long, long time.
    Last edited by Zipster; 03-03-09 at 04:23 PM.
    03-03-09 04:21 PM
    Were you thinking of switching from AT&T to Verizon?

Just wondering what you were doing in a VZW store?
    Gawking over CDMA and wishing he wasn't screwed on AT&T's sh*t network... but realized he's a moron for signing a 2 year contract with them when there are better options out there...
    03-03-09 04:47 PM
    As you said, people knew that the 3G iPhone was coming, because the original one was lacking 3G. There was a public release from Apple to confirm it.

So far, the only person that "knows" an improved Storm is coming "June / July" is you and a "VeriSon" store employee. It's nothing more than a made-up rumor so far, in my opinion.

The only thing that will change my mind is when leaked material on the second generation Storm shows up showing at least a concept name, a picture (bonus!), and a spec sheet (double bonus!!). All of these have to point to a June / July release to make your rumor credible.

The Storm is still available to purchase at this point (3 - 4 months out from June / July), so until I do see Verizon or RIM make an official announcement that it won't be available for sale and remove that Add to Cart button, it's not discontinued.

If anything, the fact that it's expanded into Austria clearly shows that it'll be kicking for quite a long, long time.
    Wrong on any public release from Apple. I went into an Apple store in April of 2008 and was simply told when I asked the question of a New IPhone? we don't know of any new model coming out at all. I pulled out a PICTURE of the new phone printed from the internet and the sales woman just shrugged her shoulders. Apple had a full retail embargo in place until the launch in early June so they could get rid of the old stock.
    03-03-09 05:27 PM
    Gawking over CDMA and wishing he wasn't screwed on AT&T's sh*t network... but realized he's a moron for signing a 2 year contract with them when there are better options out there...
    Do you really think Apple would stay with AT&T if it were so bad? I have no service problems at all with AT&T and in fact with rollover minutes its way cheaper than any other carrier.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-03-09 at 05:33 PM.
    03-03-09 05:31 PM
    Do you really think Apple would stay with AT&T if it were so bad? I have no service problems at all with AT&T and in fact with rollover minutes its way cheaper than any other carrier.
    You know, one of the things I had to defend against when I sold phones for Sprint, was people who actually thought roll over minutes were a useful feature, and not just some marketing gimmick... First of all, when a customer picks a plan with a carrier, they most likely know what their average minute use is per month. Believe it or not, it's pretty consistent UNLESS something out of the ordinary happens that month for that particular user that requires them to use their phones more. Now most people round up when they pick their plan, based off their usage, they never round down, or they could definitely risk going over their minutes. If the rep that sold the phone was doing their job, the customer shouldn't typically be relying on roll over minutes, or overage costs. With that said, what good is roll over minutes every single damn month, when the plan they originally set themselves up with is more than enough to begin with? Who picks a plan based on, "oooh, maybe I wont talk as much THIS month, and can use those minutes next month..." I mean, come on, give me a break.

Now are you serious about whether I think Apple would stick with any ONE carrier if it were "that bad"... are we taking into consideration they don't really give a damn where their phone lands as long as the carrier that paid the most for it was willing to fork over major coin for exclusive rights to the Holier than thou art Jobsian conception of the Jesus phone?

Jobs doesn't give a crap who has the best network, and apparently you don't either.....
    Last edited by Dostovel; 03-03-09 at 05:42 PM.
    03-03-09 05:38 PM
    You know, one of the things I had to defend against when I sold phones for Sprint, was people who actually thought roll over minutes were a useful feature, and not just some marketing gimmick... First of all, when a customer picks a plan with a carrier, they most likely know what their average minute use is per month. Believe it or not, it's pretty consistent UNLESS something out of the ordinary happens that month for that particular user that requires them to use their phones more. Now most people round up when they pick their plan, based off their usage, they never round down, or they could definitely risk going over their minutes. If the rep that sold the phone was doing their job, the customer shouldn't typically be relying on roll over minutes, or overage costs. With that said, what good is roll over minutes every single damn month, when the plan they originally set themselves up with is more than enough to begin with? Who picks a plan based on, "oooh, maybe I wont talk as much THIS month, and can use those minutes next month..." I mean, come on, give me a break.

Now are you serious about whether I think Apple would stick with any ONE carrier if it were "that bad"... are we taking into consideration they don't really give a damn where their phone lands as long as the carrier that paid the most for it was willing to fork over major coin for exclusive rights to the Holier than thou art Jobsian conception of the Jesus phone?

Jobs doesn't give a crap who has the best network, money talks bro...
    notice how all us san diegans know what were talkin about, n were the biggest hustlers
    03-03-09 05:42 PM

Jobs doesn't give a crap who has the best network, and apparently you don't either.....
    Not useless for me. I Pay $59 for a 900 minute plan a month and never have less than 3000 minutes to use any given month. I love my rollover plan. To say Apple doesn't care if its IPhone users are happy with the Iphone or its service provider just tells me how little you really know about Apple as a Company. As a matter of fact a new IPhone will again be out this summer The "IPhone Nanno" A better phone with 20Gig in a 30% smaller case. Apple listens to its users thank goodness. You will find me in line at the Apple store the day of its release.
    03-03-09 05:53 PM
    Not useless for me. I Pay $59 for a 900 minute plan a month and never have less than 3000 minutes to use any given month. I love my rollover plan. To say Apple doesn't care if its IPhone users are happy with the Iphone or its service provider just tells me how little you really know about Apple as a Company. As a matter of fact a new IPhone will again be out this summer The "IPhone Nanno" A better phone with 20Gig in a 30% smaller case. Apple listens to its users thank goodness.

Then you are paying too much and should be on a 300 minute plan... smart guy.

You will find me in line at the Apple store the day of its release.

No I wont, because if I cared any less about going to the apple store the day it is released to actually "see you in line", I would be dead....
    Last edited by Dostovel; 03-03-09 at 05:58 PM.
    03-03-09 05:55 PM
    Wrong on any public release from Apple. I went into an Apple store in April of 2008 and was simply told when I asked the question of a New IPhone? we don't know of any new model coming out at all. I pulled out a PICTURE of the new phone printed from the internet and the sales woman just shrugged her shoulders. Apple had a full retail embargo in place until the launch in early June so they could get rid of the old stock.
    Apple Introduces the New iPhone 3G

Above is a public release article for the 3G iPhone one month before its actual release.

3G IPhone Due on June 9, Analysts Say - Business Center - PC World

Above is a PCWorld article that correctly said that the 3G iPhone will be announced at a keynote speech in June. And the article's dated in April.

Thus I was correct in saying that Apple made a public annoucement to let people know the 3G version was coming out before it actually came out.

Though I don't know why we're arguing over this small point...

Not useless for me. I Pay $59 for a 900 minute plan a month and never have less than 3000 minutes to use any given month. I love my rollover plan. To say Apple doesn't care if its IPhone users are happy with the Iphone or its service provider just tells me how little you really know about Apple as a Company. As a matter of fact a new IPhone will again be out this summer The "IPhone Nanno" A better phone with 20Gig in a 30% smaller case. Apple listens to its users thank goodness. You will find me in line at the Apple store the day of its release.
    Did you know that Apple originally asked Verizon to be the exclusive carrier for the iPhone? Though in a way, it was a good thing it went to AT&T, since Verizon likes to shove their own software down manufacturer's throats.

Thank goodness that the only thing of Verizon that made it to my Storm is VZ Navigator and V-Cast, which aren't part of the OS. VZ Navigator is at least useful to me.

And you mean the iPhone Nano that's been officially quashed by Apple's Tim Cook:

Apple Officially Quashes iPhone Nano and Mac Netbook Rumors | Technomix | Fast Company

Apple puts iPhone Nano and Netbook rumors to rest | NetworkWorld.com Community

Have fun standing in line for your phantom phone!
    Last edited by Zipster; 03-03-09 at 06:17 PM.
    03-03-09 05:56 PM
    Any early release of the 3G Iphone was strictly speculation before the official Apple June release and based on internal pictures leaked on the internet by someone from AT&T not Apple.
    03-03-09 06:04 PM
    There is no Iphone nano.

I didn't think it was possible but your one of those people that can write but not read.

Search for your so called baby jesus phone and you'll quickly see WHY there is no nano iphone in development.

While your learning to read and search you may also want to take a class or two in marketing to learn about what price cuts and promo-deals really mean 90% of the time.

Furthermore, I am on my second storm so I can identify with the fact that SOME storms have problems...However, you need to realize as well as some other people that the posts we see about Storm problems are so small of a percentage that a major hardware overhaul (storm 2) is in no way needed this year. (I believe someone was quoted saying that Verizon sold over 1,000,000 units so far.

Every post/thread by you is negative, could it be that you have made a serious error in your choice of phone/carrier and are in fact so depressed by it that you wish to flood the channels of the internet with false rumors in hopes of making those who are happy, unhappy?

Or maybe...your just a 12 year old child whose using up their computer time to post about a phone mommy and daddy told them they can't have until they learn some responsibility?

If you really are an educated adult that has actually heard these rumors and not started them, then take some advice and STOP BELIEVING EVERYTHING YOU HEAR. Was that bold and out there enough for you to understand?

Now please, go back over to the iphone and WM forums and post negative rumors about them as well, and when they are done dealing with your childish attitude and gossip please don't bounce back to here.

/rant over
    03-03-09 06:08 PM
    Nope your wrong the new "Messiah" will arrive this June!
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-03-09 at 06:18 PM.
    03-03-09 06:12 PM
    And you mean the iPhone Nano that's been officially quashed by Apple's Tim Cook:

Apple Officially Quashes iPhone Nano and Mac Netbook Rumors | Technomix | Fast Company

Apple puts iPhone Nano and Netbook rumors to rest | NetworkWorld.com Community

Have fun standing in line for your phantom phone!
    Maybe you missed this post by me. No iPhone Nano. Tim Cook says so himself.
    03-03-09 06:20 PM
    Maybe you missed this post by me. No iPhone Nano. Tim Cook says so himself.
    He's been blinded by the light, wrapped up like a deuce you know the roamer in the night... blinded by the light.
    03-03-09 06:24 PM
    I can picture you screaming this in a highchair with a dirty bib around your neck.

Grow up...please. While your at it, open your eyes.
    03-03-09 06:28 PM
    One other thing

/Petition for Ban of Bettermost

Reason: False Rumors, Lack of appropriate attitude on a forum, Increasingly apparent immaturity, More False Rumors

/signed
    03-03-09 06:30 PM
153 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD